Post your fitness efforts
[account deactivated]
didnt we alread y have one of these and didnt it Tear us apart
i boulder thrice weekly at a climbing gym and i look down on all other forms of exercise as inferior

littlegreenpills posted:

didnt we alread y have one of these and didnt it Tear us apart

ah yes, the swolebriety thread

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/post/224318/

Climbing is awesome and bouldering is great for building strength and technique. I miss my old city which had three climbing gyms as opposed to my current one with zero.

Instead I just lift, bro. Five days a week.
i pick things up and put them down

TG posted:

Climbing is awesome and bouldering is great for building strength and technique. I miss my old city which had three climbing gyms as opposed to my current one with zero.

Instead I just lift, bro. Five days a week.

What is your present city of residence?

next week im going to try and get 3 plate squat, 2 plate benchpress, and 4 plate deadlift, a big goal of mine
my favorite is when some dumb bro is too bulky to climb a thing and i scamper up right in front of him like a fay little squirrel
i used to live in boulder co, which was amazing cause its about ten minutes from amazing sport or bouldering, as well as the three aforementioned gyms

i now live in pueblo which has a climbing wall at the ymca which is sub-par. theres some outside climbing about 45 mins away but i dont really know anyone down here who climbs

yeah swolebros on the wall always make me laugh because they almost invariably neglect their core and therefore cant climb for shit
lol at yall lolling at swolebros for climbing in a lolable manner
are you worried about our safety? if things get dangerous we can just climb something
if your back and arm muscles arent making you live in a perpetual akward bulky posture that even brushing your teeth becomes a weird clumsy spectacle i dont even understand u
being swole makes your revolutionary. swolebriety. if you arent a big huge hunkin man whose swole as fuck you're probably a little twank trot. get swole. Get SwOle for Stalin.

camera_obscura posted:

are you worried about our safety? if things get dangerous we can just climb something

bas rutten would climb trees to escape from bullies, he was called squirrel boy, but he is also a muscular dude and skilled mma fighter

Prospero posted:

if your back and arm muscles arent making you live in a perpetual akward bulky posture that even brushing your teeth becomes a weird clumsy spectacle i dont even understand u

i sat for the majority of my life and weakened my hip flexor muscles causing lumbar lordosis , deadlifting fixed potential future back pain almost instantly

How the Other Half Lifts: What Your Workout Says About Your Social Class

I’d spent half a lifetime dedicated to athletics more common among urban liberals like myself—jogging, cycling, swimming, pursuing cardiovascular fitness instead of brute force.
“I’m really into lifting weights right now,” I said. “Trying to get strong.”

The lawyer’s wife, a marathoner and family therapist, appeared startled, as if concerned about my emotional state. She looked me in the eye and said, “Why?”

Soon, however, I suffered a creeping insecurity. Looking into the eyes of a banker with soft hands, I imagined him thinking, You deluded moron, what does muscle have to do with anything?

Sociologists, it turns out, have studied these covert athletic biases. Carl Stempel, for example, writing in the International Review for the Sociology of Sport, argues that upper middle class Americans avoid “excessive displays of strength,” viewing the bodybuilder look as vulgar overcompensation for wounded manhood. The so-called dominant classes, Stempel writes—especially those like my friends and myself, richer in fancy degrees than in actual dollars—tend to express dominance through strenuous aerobic sports that display moral character, self-control, and self-development, rather than physical dominance. By chasing pure strength, in other words, packing on all that muscle, I had violated the unspoken prejudices—and dearly held self-definitions—of my social group.

fleights posted:

camera_obscura posted:

bas rutten would climb trees to escape from bullies, he was called squirrel boy, but he is also a muscular dude and skilled mma fighter

dana white had yet another adult baby tantrum at the sight of photos of cerrone going rock climbing a week prior to a fight of his

fleights posted:

i sat for the majority of my life and weakened my hip flexor muscles causing lumbar lordosis , deadlifting fixed potential future back pain almost instantly

yeah its no joke. i had back pain until around age 18. the change in posture due to lifting made it go away entirely

camera_obscura posted:

my favorite is when some dumb bro is too bulky to climb a thing and i scamper up right in front of him like a fay little squirrel

i remember looking at a climbing thread on the something awful forums sometime around 2005 and saw a post about how "every time some dumb football player comes to the climbing gym i climb way higher than he does and help his girlfriend out too" and i quit the website shortly after that, but anyway it's cool to see that certain forms of shameful nerdy wish-fulfillment stay consistent throughout time and presumably place

i used to do a bunch of sports stuff but basically destroyed my body in the process so for the moment loaded carries, hip thrusts, pullups & yoga during the week, run up mountain trails on the weekend.
i would climb a lot more often if they cd make the wall horizontal or something
[account deactivated]
short ppl are OP at climbing. climb natural rock if you can its so much fun.

i just started lifting again this week i do the laziest routine ever 30 min. but i get gains anyways
it was military press bent-over rows deadlift but i hurt my back cuz my form on deadlift is bad.

the other day is bench press, pullups, squats and you just do ABA BAB with one day rest in between and two weekend rest days
thats a good routine, try sumo deadlifts thats what i did because i got sick of baby sitting my form (for sumo imo its a lot easier although its harder to get the weight off the floor)
I just do pushups. I used to do pull ups but I moved and didn't bring my bar. So now it's that, biking casually, and picking up and putting down boxes at my work for hours at a time.
i cycle for an eternity and don't eat, it's a very fulfilling lifestyle
im glad to see you all are toting the proper line regarding resistance training and its benefits for health and the revolution

can i lift on a calorie deficit? i take bcaa before cycling on an empty stomach, so i could also take that before lifting, but i don't think it would do anything.
i never thought bcaas were worth much of anything, personally. if you eat enough food to support your body you can lift on a deficit, but if you try to go for personal records consistently you'll probably break yourself

gwarp posted:

can i lift on a calorie deficit? i take bcaa before cycling on an empty stomach, so i could also take that before lifting, but i don't think it would do anything.

you can't lift on a caloric deficit

OP i like to come home and print out all of your PMs on here and lift them over my head 10 times and then eat them
weight lifting is a great hobby for insecure nerds. the engineers that i went to college with who went off to make six figures at tech companies are constantly telling me about all of the health benefits to weight lifting right after they get done talking about how /r/seduction is full of useful advice and which league of legends character they're playing this week.

c_man posted:

weight lifting is a great hobby for insecure nerds. the engineers that i went to college with who went off to make six figures at tech companies are constantly telling me about all of the health benefits to weight lifting right after they get done talking about how /r/seduction is full of useful advice and which league of legends character they're playing this week.

sounds like you should make some physically active friends who aren't engineers

I'd rather insecure nerds lift weights rather than own guns or whatever
all of the active people i know here are supporting the ruling class ideology by hiking, climbing, doing yoga and biking.
exercise is cool. it's harder to get sad about anything, even things you should get sad about, because you're winded like you just ran from all the animals we assassinated with rocks. you get closer to the earth and start dating aggressive paleo diet people who talk about it to you during church, because paleo diet don't give a fuck. in conclusion i recommend haing a notepad or something and writign down the exercises you do so you can see if you did more next time.

c_man posted:

what do engineers use for birth control?

their personalities