[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i don't, like believe in property, man *pops a wheelie and rides off to the closest anarchist bookstore*

conec posted:

that stuff would be stolen in two seconds karphead i advise u not to keep them on ur bike.

i intentionally "forget" copies of Capital in public spaces in the hopes that young thieving protocapitalists will steal/read it and maybe turn their lives around

Capital: A User's Manual
[account deactivated]
groace
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Bumping theis bike thread

I have succumbed and now own multiple bikes. Bike 1, which has a giant speaker on the back. I've been playing Dr. John. Bike2, it's like, very light. Bike 3, this one is small with a huge seat for when I get really old

I'm working on riding with no hands, over a couple of different circuits, the goal being to touch the handlebars as few times as possible, which requires a lot of advance planning and a small amount of frantically requesting drivers to stop. If anyone bugs me about it I just tell them my brakes broke and mind their own fucking business. Cycling owns btw
Hell yeah & I did not realize I was bumping this amazing picture of T Rexxes banging
I have still only skitched 2 times, it's not only clearly dangerous but opportunities to do it almost never come up anyway, let alone safe opportunities, ie. the 2 opporutities I'm glad I freakin took like a pro skitcher

I also crashed really bad last weekend bc I tried to touch a parked cab to steady myself like idiot
[account deactivated]
bikes are dope. no fucking question.

I've always relied on my motorcycle to get around, but I've recently moved to a new city where I live in a central area, and got myself a bicycle. I found a used specialized hybrid that's exactly my size, and have been bombing around with it ever since. barely ride my motorbike anymore except for big grocery trips and offroad enduro stuff. not super stoked for the winter though, it's pretty harsh here. But I just installed some sick fenders. I'll manage
Since the last time I posted it I've bought a used specialized hybrid as my new day to day bike, but it's really damned hot so I don't ride it that much in the summer months. There are also a lot of thorny bushes around d my town so I need to get thorn resistant tires but I still get like a flat a week which is a pain in the ass. I also wish I could do basic maintenance because the one bike shop in town charges a bunch for tuneups and they still do a crappy job.

I flipped over my handlebars a few weeks ago but managed to make it out basically unscathed which I guess makes me a badass

I'm thinking of taking up mountain biking because thats What You Do in Colorado but it seems expensive

TG posted:

Since the last time I posted it I've bought a used specialized hybrid as my new day to day bike, but it's really damned hot so I don't ride it that much in the summer months. There are also a lot of thorny bushes around d my town so I need to get thorn resistant tires but I still get like a flat a week which is a pain in the ass. I also wish I could do basic maintenance because the one bike shop in town charges a bunch for tuneups and they still do a crappy job.

I flipped over my handlebars a few weeks ago but managed to make it out basically unscathed which I guess makes me a badass

I'm thinking of taking up mountain biking because thats What You Do in Colorado but it seems expensive

czech out bikeshares in your city. They'll likely offer service for a donation

i hate bikes now
i was going to post a pic of my bike in here but then i realized i don't have an up to date one and its dark. i'll sort that tomorrow i guess
fuck it whatever have last year's

now it has an oldtimey bottle dynamo and some modern tektro brake levers but other than that all the same
the other day at work i looked down to check my phone to confirm a job that just came into my email and forgot the street i was on has these weird dividers at one point and ran right into one like a rookie and flipped over my bars. no scrapes at all lol but I jammed my finger and landed on my right knee which effused up to like twice it's normal size, which has happened to me so many times I can't wait for the horrible knee pain / replacement i'll have to get later in life fuck bikes
i keep thinking to myself "i should get a bike" every year but i forget to check craigslist regularly and instead just keep walking to work until it gets too cold and i have to take the bus
no such thing as too cold to bike
I still have my same bike. I want a different one for winter that I can put full fenders on.
I prefer biking in the cold.
my bike was stolen recently, now my bike is th ebus
[account deactivated]
I met this person from Sweden once who told me that they and their friend went wherever in Sweden by just stealing bicycles any time they needed one and that this was normal, and I asked oh it's normal for people in Sweden to just steal bicycles to get everywhere? and they said no but it's normal for us
one day i'll get an undented frame and get it painted properly, and get some decent wheels built up, and spec out the entire bike properly with good components instead of going "eh fuck it" and reusing the same pos steel handlebars that's been on three other bikes. i want a nice thing instead of something where i did colour coding using electrical tape and rattlecans

on the other hand my bike rides fine even though it looks like shit so
i used to have a headlight made out of a fake skull with bulbs in the eye sockets but i parked overnight at the train station and some asshole stole it
thanks rw. it's ok, it's my own fault for using a crappy chain and for living in a society where Crime Pays
the best security is making your bike as distinctive and shitty looking as possible. really ugly paint jobs. corrosion on nuts and bolts. weird stains. frayed duct tape hiding where paint fell off. none of this effects how it rides but it makes it too worthless to steal and too unique to stop it getting tracked down
i drive a car
This is my ride from last night... i think like 1 hour 45 minutes

That's on my bike with the speaker so it weighs maybe 40lbs? Also I'm looking around at other internet people's stated average speeds in the city, some people are like "yeah I average 18mph and by the way time spent stopped does not count" that's BULLSHIT

Edited by swampman ()

thats about 14mph average which is better than me. nobody is doing 18mph average in an urban environment that shit is fake

unless it's an alleycat but those are so 2006 it hurts
you pay for the brooklyn bridge views with brooklyn bridge pedestrian spillover though

manhattan bridge wisely eschews locomotive collaborationism
^^^^70% accurate

I don't mind the pedestrians, I ride at night so the bridge is emptier, and the speaker is truly loud so they stay out of my way. I can't do more than like 6mph on the wood with that bike anyway. I think the traffic noise on the bridges is the worst part of the bridges for sure.

Edited by swampman ()

[account deactivated]