I clicked on a link from some thread here and saw a clip of vince mcmahon playing the evil mastermind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk). Then I clicked on a link that was related to wrestling and vince mcmahon, titled "Bob Costas heated Vince Mcmahon interview" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_3mrf-pSc).

This interview is interesting in several ways. The first is the antagonistic nature of the interview. Bos Costas is the archetypal hostile interviewer. He brings heavy heat on mcmahon through the entire interview and vince responds in kind. vince basically affirms himself, his company, and his personal philosophy while responding in corporatese to questions concerning the success of the then-existent XFL.

During this interview mcmahon reveals that in the year of the filming of the interview the most popular show for families was WWF and WCW. The working class people of America love the soap opera based around men in their underwear. Are you a bad enough dude to go to WWE raw and make working class friends? Try it out, it's fun! Be sure to choose a favorite wrestler and buy their T-shirt and/or match your nail color to their colors.

It is all to easy for us to dismiss or demean others based on their entertainment preferences but it does not make us better people. The truly revolutionary act is to embrace what the working people love and through it display how we should in solidarity take care of each other in order to achieve a greater whole. If you want to win over the people of America, either wear a John Cena shirt or admit that you have nothing but contempt for them and grumpily write about Marxism forever.

edit: I say with no exaggeration that this is one of the best interviews that I have ever seen. It is not because I put either vince mcmahon or whatever the interviewer's name is on a pedestal, it is simply an unintentionally excellent interview.

Barbarossa posted:

. If you want to win over the people of America, either wear a John Cena shirt or admit that you have nothing but contempt for them and grumpily write about Marxism forever.

Alright

[account deactivated]
i can't tell if you're serious, but I see the subculture as a wellspring of revolutionary potential. in many ways, they're far more militant than the self-proclaimed radical parties of the american left. just think of the show of solidarity with the greek workers' movement back in 2010.

apparently back in the 80s jesse ventura was trying to get a wrestlers union started and hulk hogan ratted him out to vince mcmahon llol
I'm sincere about this. a lot of leftist/liberal people wouldn't DARE stoop down to actually going to a wrestling event live but will talk for days about the need to mobilize the people and its fucking funny sad, like hey man the people are flawed and human and even dumb sometimes didn't ya know? perhaps you should meet the people on their own ground
[account deactivated]
merging with the working class is stupid in and in any case completely impossible. imo.
you want international communism but you wont go to a nascar race? what the fuck is wrong with you???
what is the lfest leisure activity
sipping soviet era brandy on a yacht while the anthem sung by paul robeson gently wafts through the ocean breeze

Edited by aerdil ()

Wrestling hasn't been working class since Vince gutted the territory (i.e. fiefdom) system.

wasted posted:

Wrestling hasn't been working class since Vince gutted the territory (i.e. fiefdom) system.

when i had a blue collar job way more people were talking about football and miley cyrus than they were about wrasslin

still gonna get this shirt made

1488 posted:

wasted posted:

when i had a blue collar job way more people were talking about football and miley cyrus than they were about wrasslin

Sports dominates like 70% of conversations and the rest is about food and a pastiche of pop culture, it's like a fyad day crew thread.

getfiscal posted:

still gonna get this shirt made

i once self-depricatingly described myself looking like a cross b/t Pee Wee Herman and Jarvis Cocker on fb and all of my friends unironically Liked it

If you want to understand the working class better, warts and all, maybe you should go to your local probation department or county jail because the folks there are almost invariably working class. Oh but wait that doesn't have anything to do with my pet childhood obsession so instead watch pro rasslin to catch a peek at how the other half lives
wrestling hasnt been revolutionary since the Nation of Domination split up

TG posted:

If you want to understand the working class better, warts and all, maybe you should go to your local probation department or county jail because the folks there are almost invariably working class. Oh but wait that doesn't have anything to do with my pet childhood obsession so instead watch pro rasslin to catch a peek at how the other half lives

*walks up to marxist hipster sitting on apartment steps and slaps PBR out of their hand* maybe you should go to your local probation department or county jail because the folks there are almost invariably working class.

Slap enough pbrs and you might get a "free" trip to the county jail.
post your linkedin on a terrorist web site on the other hand...
haha everyone in jail already knows how fucked up things are, I'm talking about the core unit of America which is the (mcrib) family. but yeah sure ill just stroll into jail and enlighten the guys that read at a 5th grade level about Marxist dialectic, that isn't patronizing in the least
hahahaha

http://www.wolf-pac.com/

Wolf PAC posted:

We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!

The guy from The Young Turks is leading this movement thing, who says wrestling isn't relevant anymore. AWWOOooooo wolfpacccc

haha my friend told me a few days ago he had joined that thing and actually went to some local meetings about it or whatever. i had no idea what he was talking about at the time so remind me later to make fun of him until he cries

Superabound posted:

haha my friend told me a few days ago he had joined that thing and actually went to some local meetings about it or whatever. i had no idea what he was talking about at the time so remind me later to make fun of him until he cries

"maybe you should go to your local toilet stall or county toilet bowl because the folks there are almost invariably working class." *gives him a swirlie*

TG posted:

Working Lcass?? Lol, no, I'm a blogger. I'm a big name on reddit, you may have heard of me, "SuperMarioPogrom1488" Lotta dogecoin in the bank. Good shit.

9Pz2gI_v_II

AmericanNazbro posted:

SuperMarioPogrom1488

is that out yet or is it only out in arcades (goodbye, quarter stash!)? gotta catch em all

Lykourgos posted:

Slap enough pbrs and you might get a "free" trip to the county jail.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2014/09/14/enduring-mystery-what-coffee-served-white-house-mug-empty/l7ZpsDvMoqPb5Li5pw7TGK/story.html

obama drinks tea.
i keep seeing people talking about PSL and getting really confused until i realize they are talking about the seasonal nutmeg coffee drink
how is it pumpkin. it doesnt taste like a pumpkin and it isnt orange or nothin

aerdil posted:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2014/09/14/enduring-mystery-what-coffee-served-white-house-mug-empty/l7ZpsDvMoqPb5Li5pw7TGK/story.html

lol msnbc like that purple drank