they said it was some sort of monstrous huge bulldozer used to divert rivers so that they would flood hostile villages.
so an israeli caterpillar?

getfiscal posted:

they said it was some sort of monstrous huge bulldozer used to divert rivers so that they would flood hostile villages.

lol. well i guess its a nice change from the yanks bombing grain silos.

remember killdozer

chickeon posted:

hey now... antisemitism is not cool

contradictions within imperialism for friday: harper says canada doesn't support obama's regime change plan.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-is-at-war-with-isis-not-syria-stephen-harper-says-1.2834871
i didn't see the word "for" in that post and thought you had coined a new term and rhizzone tradition, Imperialism Friday
i hate that every single media encounter has the military using the phrase "degrade and destroy ISIS" which is basically just setting the bar so low that even if the bombs scare someone a bit it's mission success. it's cover your ass for the military because they know they aren't doing shit.

edit: i know obama said it first but i see the canadian military say it every news conference every few sentences.

Edited by getfiscal ()

'"Whatever objections the government of Canada has against the government of Syria, we are not interested in any war against any government in the region" lol we gleefully participated in regime change in Libya, pretty sure this is being said with a sort of wink and a nudge

getfiscal posted:

i hate that every single media encounter has the military using the phrase "degrade and destroy ISIS" which is basically just setting the bar so low that even if the bombs scare someone a bit it's mission success. it's cover your ass for the military because they know they aren't doing shit.

on the other hand im glad my girlfriend uses the same terminology before we have sex because degrading is all im gonna be doing, right boys??

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

chickeon posted:

'"Whatever objections the government of Canada has against the government of Syria, we are not interested in any war against any government in the region" lol we gleefully participated in regime change in Libya, pretty sure this is being said with a sort of wink and a nudge

you don't need a wink and nudge to just repeat what you're told to repeat. Harper doesn't have any geopolitical weight, he's just there, swept along with the tide

Crow posted:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/victimsofcommunism/ten-super-disturbing-ways-communism-is-being-made-110h3

lol

Here’s why Communism is not a laughing matter. Communism was responsible for the death of 100 million people worldwide in the 20th century. A fifth of the world’s population lives under communist rule. Some, like those in Hong Kong today, are risking their lives for something as basic as the right to free speech.

getfiscal posted:

i've never seen silence of the lambs and it's sort of a funny movie to just hear bits and pieces of from people. it's like... jodie foster.... guy wears skin.... or else it gets the thing again or whatever... yeah.

heres a pretty good summary:

getfiscal posted:

chickeon posted:

pretty sure it was a snake

oh sorry, i thought u guys were talking about Moses' staff
lmao. this is easily the spookiest bitch working for vice
G785kB8OKcU

The MIT team actually gives Higgins a lot of credit for his work, noting that much of their study was made infinitely easier — and maybe even possible — by all of the information he has aggregated and posted on Brown Moses.

“I think he wants to do good and he’s done a great amount of service in getting the world up to speed on what’s going on in Syria,” Lloyd said. “He’s done a great job for what his ability is and I commend him. I know people like to see him as a weapons expert, but unless you crunch the numbers, you don’t know what you’re doing. Until you do the math, you’re not an expert.”

As for the work of Lloyd and Postol, Higgins says he accepts their findings, though he adds on his blog “with the greatest respect to the work of Lloyd and Postol I do not believe their calculations have been peer reviewed.”

“And he’s qualified to say that?” Postol asked incredulously.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/the-failed-pretext-for-war-seymour-hersh-eliot-higgins-mit-professors-on-sarin-gas-attack/188597/

Rofl I thought the peer reviewed thing was something you threw in as a call back to D&D, but he really said that.
so... the bombings haven't really been utilized to overthrow Assad yet?

none of my business tho