Its time for the things tpaine said
10. That's Pinterest for you.
9. Ring a ding ding!
8. (at the movies; aloud) Ha, ha.... ha? Is laughter appropriate here?
7. Jesus Christ! Sorry, I shouldn't say that. I get carried away. Where's my medicine?
6. (watching Nova) That's incredible!
5. Can I suggest a band to you? Just, from talking to you, I feel like you would really be able to get into these guys. They're called Yes. Yes are an English rock band who achieved success with their progressive, art, and symphonic style of rock music. They are distinguished by their use of mystical and cosmic lyrics, live stage sets and lengthy compositions, often with complex instrumental and vocal arrangements. The band's current line-up since February 2012 consists of singer Jon Davison, guitarist Steve Howe, bass guitarist Chris Squire, keyboardist Geoff Downes, and drummer Alan White.

Squire formed Yes in 1968 with singer Jon Anderson. Squire and guitarist Peter Banks had played together in The Syn and then Mabel Greer's Toyshop. Anderson and later drummer Bill Bruford joined a line-up of Mabel Greer's Toyshop, which evolved into Yes. Keyboardist Tony Kaye completed the first Yes line-up. Their early sets were a mix of original material and cover versions.

The 1970s saw Yes release the albums that are widely viewed as their creative peak: The Yes Album, Fragile (both in 1971), Close to the Edge (1972), Tales from Topographic Oceans (1973), Relayer (1974) and Going for the One (1977). For most of this period, the band included Anderson, Squire, Howe (who replaced Banks in 1970), Rick Wakeman on keyboards and Bruford, or later Alan White, on drums; Kaye and Patrick Moraz each play keyboards on one of these albums. After the public and critical failure of Tormato (1978) and the rise of punk rock, Anderson and Wakeman left the band in 1980; Squire, Howe and White recorded Drama with Downes and new vocalist Trevor Horn, both also members of The Buggles. The band disbanded in December 1980, with Howe and Downes subsequently creating Asia.

Yes reformed in 1983 with Anderson, Squire, White, a returning Kaye, and singer and guitarist Trevor Rabin, adopting a more pop rock sound. Their sales peaked across the decade with 90125 (1983), which spawned the US number one single "Owner of a Lonely Heart", and Big Generator (1987). The tour in support of Union (1991), which amalgamated members of Yes and Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe, was a commercial success that featured an eight-man line-up (instead of a quintet). Subsequent albums and singles have sold less well.

The band toured almost constantly between 1997 and 2004, including both 30th and 35th anniversary shows, also releasing the albums Open Your Eyes (1997), The Ladder (1999), and Magnification (2001) during this period. After a four-year hiatus, Yes resumed touring, replacing Anderson with BenoƮt David and Wakeman with his son Oliver Wakeman due to health issues. In 2011 they released Fly from Here featuring Downes, who returned on keyboards after 30 years. The following year David left the band due to illness and was replaced by Jon Davison, also of Glass Hammer. The band's twenty-first studio album Heaven & Earth, their first album with Davison, was released in July 2014.

Yes are one of the most popular, influential and critically acclaimed acts in the history of the progressive genre, and have influenced bands such as Dream Theater and Rush. Nine of their twenty studio albums have reached the top ten in either the UK or the US charts, with two reaching the number one spot in the UK. They have sold 13.5 million certified units in the US.
4. Yes, I am having a problem reaching my knee. Yes I consider this a police emergency.
3. Something's amiss with this cottage cheese-nyo.
2. I'll have the - ack! pbth! freaking! cat! hair! - the prosciutto bombz for here.
1. Sorry everyone, I'm logging back in now. STAY OFF THE PHONE MOM. FINAL WARNING.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Again, truly, its time for the top things that tpaine actually did say today
10. I pass a diet of mashed potatoes and honey into a diaper and then cure my loamy leavings in a series of greenhouses to be intermixed with my diet of mashed potatoes and honey. Its good for the skin.
9. I'm dumb; I'm an idiot. I'm so stupid.
8. Where's my brain? Certainly not in this empty head. I wish i knew what robbed me of it at birth or early childhood.
7. (from the back of lawn management class) Rape seed! Ahahaha
6. Hmm. Chess? I'm more of a Halo 3 man myself.
5. Sssssssssssmokin'! (ibid.)
4. Fuckin' McNulty!
3. So I'm reaching out to give the guy a high five right? And he doesn't notice me, right? So I turn around to offer a high five to like, anyone else around me, right? That's when I realize there is like a fifteen foot space all the way around me in a circle right? And that's when I realize this is not a Rage Against concert. It's Raffi and I've turned up the wrong week. And this is after 90 minutes of my flat out best moshing. The next week at the Rise Against concert I was still too exhausted to give it 100%! And now you're telling me TicketMaster doesn't give refunds after 30 days, under any circumstances. It seems unfair.
2. I'm God!! I am God!!! I am G- DAMNIT VASH THE STAMPEDE, GET BACK HERE WITH MY DONUT HOLE YOU LITTLE FUCKER!! NO VASH!! AAGH FUCK NO!! VASH!!!
1. Follow me on Pinterest and all will be made plain to you.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

How are things going, Mr. Torrance?

\

tpaine posted:

peepaw posted:

hey t-pizz dya see this:

http://www.webofmimicry.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=113

my least favorite of the sub-bands, but hopefully it'll be better than book of souls

no, i just checked their facebook like a week ago, that's really cool. book of souls was so disappointing, the music was cool but 7 tracks???? and like 2 new ones??? what the fuck man, what the fuck dude

well it came out and it's only one old track out of 7 so that's a plus

[account deactivated]
Hey tuppin

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/torquay-united-mascot-gilbert-the-gull-called-fans-c-and-tried-to-start-a-fight-9817788.html

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
unlike my gi tract #thanksebola
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i haven't seen any monstah!

yes because it's fake!

liar!
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

only 7 tracks?

yeah but one of them's like 15 minutes long

it's decent, but a little low key

saw them the other night and every song either devolved into blast beats and black metal riffs or noise interludes, pretty rad all in all

[account deactivated]
TALK TALK TALK TALK PROPERLY! GUMS! GUMS IS ALL YOU 'AVE
[account deactivated]
WHERES THAT LITTLE FUCKIN WHITE SHIT DOG OF YOURS
[account deactivated]
haha
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

folio b will be like 3 tracks, 1 is renunciation again, 1 is 20 seconds, 1 is new

lol i talked to trey spruance at the merch table after their show last weekend and said the same thing and he laughed and said he hadn't thought about it but it's not a bad idea

[account deactivated]
pretty sure the full book of souls was promised like 7 or 8 years ago

i think they tour as much as they do because it's the only way to make a living as a musician these days
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

is that right? i never go to live shows so i don't know

you think the fucking mummies in Yes would still be up touring if they could afford their muesli and formaldehyde by releasing another 80 "best of" albums?