[account deactivated]
should lemon collages allow tradesmen
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

goatstein's objections to transgender politics and culture are often accurate and it's funny and sad to see the way they bring out reflexive liberal groupthink among some of the posters here, it's just too bad his thoughts come from some kind of bizarre pathological hatred and are totally void of any semblance of human sympathy, especially in the context of his total lack of any other notable interests, opinions, or characteristics, except that "troops" thing i guess, and also his mounting incapacity to express himself in anything but redditisms

roseweird do you have strong opinions about this? im genuinely curious but i would also not be surprised if you or anyone else didnt want to talk about it here given the, ah, storied local history

misanthropy

roseweird posted:

Petrol posted:

Since transmen are men: No.

do you have any personal investment or experience in this at all

No but I was asked for an opinion. I am absolutely open to learning more about this

[account deactivated]

postposting posted:

should womens colleges allow transmen?

womens colleges should allow cismen

should womens colleges allow transmen?
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
cycloneboy was right

roseweird posted:

if you have no experience of this, and no investment in it, then where did you learn your opinion from, and why did you accept it and repeat it?

I replied to ur PM but for the purpose of this thread all I'll say is I want to qualify my statements - in practice an admissions policy has to have some way to certify gender beyond the applicant just saying "I'm a woman let me in" or whatever. and so I think it's reasonable for the standard to be legal gender, with all the hurdles that entails. So to clarify I'm saying, women's colleges should accept legally recognised transwomen and reject legally recognised transmen, which is, uh, already the policy by default, right?

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

roseweird posted:

if you have no experience of this, and no investment in it, then where did you learn your opinion from, and why did you accept it and repeat it?

I replied to ur PM but for the purpose of this thread all I'll say is I want to qualify my statements - in practice an admissions policy has to have some way to certify gender beyond the applicant just saying "I'm a woman let me in" or whatever. and so I think it's reasonable for the standard to be legal gender, with all the hurdles that entails. So to clarify I'm saying, women's colleges should accept legally recognised transwomen and reject legally recognised transmen, which is, uh, already the policy by default, right?

Women's College: "Ok u proved the thing. About yr genitals. Come on in"

oh no, a miniscule number of cismen might dress in drag and falsely live as women for four years straight in order to steal an Education from us in the most pointless roundabout way possible noooooooooooooooooo
what secrets are these Women hiding???
[account deactivated]
[political cartoon of a large imposing bouncer labeled "Women's Colleges" standing in front of a door with a sign that says "Gender Studies 101" and shoving his hand to check under the skirt of every woman waiting in line before he will let them enter]

"Talk about Aff-HERM-ative Action!"
_____________________\
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

http://john-steppling.com/thoughts-on-pedagogy/ posted:

But the shadow side of this tendency is be instrumental and cynical. There is a connection between the need for titillation, and this instrumental sobriety.

this is like saying marxists are also affected by gravity. it doesnt have anything to do with them being materialists

Talk to organizers in grass roots movements, anti death penalty, organic farming, prison reform, housing, and they will almost to a person tell you how bankrupt Academics are, and worse, how totally unhelpful are most Trotskyist movements. A friend once said to me, yes I’m a communist in a party that is labeled Stalinist. When people ask me why, he said, I tell them because its more democratic than the Trotskyist parties.

talk to organizers in those movements in the west and they will almost to a person tell you that they have never once had an opinion on "Trotskyist" anything

Superabound posted:

oh no, a miniscule number of cismen might dress in drag and falsely live as women for four years straight in order to steal an Education from us in the most pointless roundabout way possible noooooooooooooooooo

i watched the rocky horror picture show and now i dont even know which college to apply to

roseweird posted:

goatstein's objections to transgender politics and culture are often accurate and it's funny and sad to see the way they bring out reflexive liberal groupthink among some of the posters here, it's just too bad his thoughts come from some kind of bizarre pathological hatred and are totally void of any semblance of human sympathy, especially in the context of his total lack of any other notable interests, opinions, or characteristics, except that "troops" thing i guess, and also his mounting incapacity to express himself in anything but redditisms

I have many interests roseweird. Would you like to talk about them.

roseweird posted:

my adviser wanted me to go, i'm glad i didn't. thanks for your support, cis-ally. we all lo;ve you for all your goodthink. please keep enforcing correctness wherever you go. i'm busy but please have dramas with this psychic simulacrum rwhenever it suits you *mindbeams it @ u*

did your adviser hear you talking about eugenics? So xie wanted you to go to the Hitler Genocide University of God?