Who cares about this other stuff. lets talk about Harvard
harvard divinity is my safety school.

daddyholes posted:

Talk to organizers in grass roots movements, anti death penalty, organic farming, prison reform, housing, and they will almost to a person tell you how bankrupt Academics are, and worse, how totally unhelpful are most Trotskyist movements. A friend once said to me, yes I’m a communist in a party that is labeled Stalinist. When people ask me why, he said, I tell them because its more democratic than the Trotskyist parties.

talk to organizers in those movements in the west and they will almost to a person tell you that they have never once had an opinion on "Trotskyist" anything

i disagree. everyone hates trotskyists

yeah idk what you're talking about daddyholes but trots aren't just a twitter punchline. They're real, they're disruptive and they're almost universally seen by active groups/parties as Real Bad Dumboes.

roseweird posted:

goatstein's objections to transgender politics and culture are often accurate

which ones? why? (not being a dick, im just surprised reading this from you)

the ones that psychologize and focus on the individual
boom
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
am i too early or too late for the debate about charter colleges er private colleges
[account deactivated]

TheIneff posted:

yeah idk what you're talking about daddyholes but trots aren't just a twitter punchline. They're real, they're disruptive and they're almost universally seen by active groups/parties as Real Bad Dumboes.

lol yeah i know. but i also know even more people who work in the movements listed and they are almost all liberals and they dont know what a trotskyist is and they dont care. realize you're probably talking like a 1,000 or more liberals per member of "active groups/parties"

they would probably identify trotskyists as "hipsters" and definitive examples of real communism to them, ie dumb children, and they usually consider maoists to be mythical fox news anti-liberal ghost stories until they meet one

roseweird posted:

Crow posted:

did your adviser hear you talking about eugenics? So xie wanted you to go to the Hitler Genocide University of God?

i think harvard prefers people with more discretion, from deep and old enough wealth to take eugenics for granted and never talk openly about it

Youd be surprised (catchphrase)

daddyholes update: we're all still in the age of darkest reaction, it's where we're at right here. "Isn't the marginalization of left politics in the U.S. so funny guys it's like hilarious hahaha lel oh man sooo trots amiright who da fu cares wheeee"
sure okay there's actually 1000 stalinists to every liberal in the west and they dominate the organic farming movement. now let's all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes.

conec posted:

No.. it means I have a human looking body but I`m not a human by ne stretch of the imagination. I`m pekingese. There are like.. no pekingese at my school.

peking is an archaic name for beijing

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i'm bookmarking this page as the day that someone on the rhizzone got mad at me because i said trotskyism wasn't popular
[account deactivated]
im very mad. Yes. Enraged. Heh heh *adjusts bowtie and nervous laughter* super embarrassed guys.

Edited by TheIneff ()

trans men can definitely kick just as much ass in Destiny for PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, and Xbox1 as your average genetic woman
[account deactivated]
11 post left to go but at the top of the next thread there will be an entire des moines convention of ruddy organic potato farmers waiting almost to a person to tell you how bankrupt Academics are, and worse, how totally unhelpful are most Trotskyist movements
[account deactivated]

gyrofry posted:

Superabound posted:

oh no, a miniscule number of cismen might dress in drag and falsely live as women for four years straight in order to steal an Education from us in the most pointless roundabout way possible noooooooooooooooooo