[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

yo dawg dat customer pay my ass with a twenty. i input ten dollah in the till. pocket dat shit. wait what? i still be short? nigga no way. fuck now i'm unemployed. watch my gangsta ass scam da unemployment officccceeeeee.....real shit niggaaa

"Hell Yeah" is the relatively radio-friendly single from dead prez's 2004 "RBG" (Revolutionary But Gangsta). It merely suggests first steps for self proclaimed gangstas to start "banging on the system". Other tracks are not so coy.
G67l8msg6WE

[account deactivated]
if you dont like this i don't know what to tell you

hQGLNPJ9VCE
[account deactivated]
what is this
who do we have here?
handle bars
i don't even have to stear

Not only does this bike redeem the genre of rap,
it just might redeem humanity

tpaine posted:

stop

Never. Not until you admit rap is music.

Petrol posted:

tpaine posted:

stop

Never. Not until you admit rap is music.

Blah is Blee. Admit this!

[account deactivated]
blah is blee
Blah is blee.

tpaine posted:

stop making me listen to your whiteboy rap suggestions

attention blacks that was some good poetry but can you please SING it for me?

thanks
hell yeah is a stupid piece of shit song. yeah run up on the poor ass pizza delivery guy and pull a scam with no end game to ruin your own credit, thats revolutionary, dead prez might as well have had the fbi write those lyrics, that is the first and last dead prez album i ever heard and it was ass, it was played for me by this bug eyed white guy who was the kid of a conservative state rep and frequented stormfront and wsws dot org and ended up taking a bunch of 5-meo-dmt and assaulting his roommates because he thought they were clones
as tHE r H i z z o n E is an exclusive POC community,
[account deactivated]
by what standard

daddyholes posted:

hell yeah is a stupid piece of shit song. yeah run up on the poor ass pizza delivery guy and pull a scam with no end game to ruin your own credit, thats revolutionary, dead prez might as well have had the fbi write those lyrics, that is the first and last dead prez album i ever heard and it was ass, it was played for me by this bug eyed white guy who was the kid of a conservative state rep and frequented stormfront and wsws dot org and ended up taking a bunch of 5-meo-dmt and assaulting his roommates because he thought they were clones

yeah because the fbi is notorious for encouraging blacks to fight the white man any way they can instead of fighting each other. Nice opinion mate

maybe theres some political or survival point to be made by trying to rob a service worker whose entire cash roll is like ten dollars in tips but if anyone followed the plan they try to offer to use each others identities to commit credit card fraud it would be pretty thoroughly self destructive
what can i tell you, if you want to share the gospel of rbg with everyone please tell them first not to follow the fraud advice in that song unless they want to have people breathing down their necks about it for the rest of their lives, again, it sounds like something the fbi wrote
kids always make sure that when you steal an identity it's someone you know personally! and make sure at the same time that person has stolen your identity to pull the exact same scam, these credit people never talk to each other
I think you're missing a lot of context here. This song is saying "hey, wannabe gangsta. if you're gonna do crimes, which is likely because you live in poverty, then here are some fun things to try that don't involve decimating our own community with drugs and gun violence." Sure, it might seem morally wrong to run up on some pizza delivery kid for free pizza and cash, but they're not advocating physically hurting him, and the economic welfare of some white boy is not their concern. And what, you shouldn't do credit card fraud because it'll ruin your credit rating? Once again, not really a concern if the goal is not to become an acceptable member of white middle class society.

"Hell yeah" needs to be understood not only within the context of commercial rap, which broadly encourages young black men to climb over each others corpses in the pursuit of individual wealth, but also within the context of the rest of the RGB album. Dead prez do not simply advocate petty crimes and fraud. They say, read about black liberation. Read about marxism. Eat healthy. Train for combat. Build community. Smash the state. Don't stop fighting until you achieve true freedom. But i guess since that one idiot white boy you knew liked the album for some reason, that invalidates the message??
oh i get it its just a shit song and im not a big fan of self sabotage propaganda

in any case id be screwed as an rbg because id have to keep calling the pizza places and refusing to pay until a white guy showed up i could rob

Petrol posted:

And what, you shouldn't do credit card fraud because it'll ruin your credit rating? Once again, not really a concern if the goal is not to become an acceptable member of white middle class society.

please dont tell people this

what im saying is that they offer a plan to commit credit card fraud, and it makes about as much sense as stealing a card from someone's wallet, putting it in an envelope and mailing it to the cops with a confession letter, they specifically suggest doing things that will make you more likely to get caught like trading identities with someone you know and simultaneously reporting cards stolen for insurance claims while leaving trails of evidence that each of you stole the other's card, and i dont like the idea of people with revolutionary ambitions starting out by radio tagging themselves for the feds
stalin was a bankrobber and train heister
and competent at it, which is what i would recommend instead
Who robs trains in the 21st century?
heres a fair enough analogy: a bank robber and his friend create convincing masks of each others faces and go to rob two banks, making sure theyre seen so each of them is incriminated for the other's crime. they also write down the address of the other person and all the information needed to identify him and find him at the counter of the bank they each rob. then they each go home and count the money, because after all, they each have the perfect alibi, which is that they were each robbing another bank at the time, they can show you the masks and everything
[account deactivated]
So your criticism of dead prez boils down to, their credit card fraud plan is bad and i dont like the song anyway. Forget i tried to even argue thje point then. All rap music is bad. Whatever