this is good preparation for the thick cloud of gawker drones headed our way clutching stories about the 17 and a half anti-Yolo ways russia is "going crazy"
[account deactivated]
i mean to write an amazon review, but for the moment, the book is cool.
it evoked the same kind of doom feeling as 1984 (lame ref? Will I be mocked? who can say but the reaper.....) you really fucken hate crabapple and you lanced that dumbass through her weak heart. the idea of leftists being tortured into living corpses in secret prisons gave me a terror because its too plausible....why wouldn't it happen .... Took a lot of the "toke" to bring me back to "square one"

. its a good takedown of liberalism in the 21st century.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
oh you wrote a novel? well i wrote this jpeg.... it's alright.

tpaine posted:

how does this book stack up against terrorist assemblages: homonationalism in queer times by jasbir q puar

why dont you tell us?????

ok, i clicked the button. i will probably end up reading it i guess. i predict i won't think it's very good but $0 isn't a lot of money and 100 pages isn't a lot of time so i'll try it and maybe i'll be surprised
[account deactivated]
damn.
[account deactivated]
as soon as i get a kindle i will be so down but i dont see the kindle thing panning out since i already have a computer screen which i prefer

edit:i have now downloaded an APP for my PC

Edited by Themselves ()

Themselves posted:

as soon as i get a kindle i will be so down but i dont see the kindle thing panning out since i already have a computer screen which i prefer

you can download a free kindle app, or an open source alternative, or do what i do, which is leave my corporeal form and enter the information superhighway as a being of pure information, absorbing the rhythm of the ebook as so much music.

send me the pdf (12exyou at gmail dot com) and i'll paypal you or send you a traveler's check or a small care package, whatever you prefer
i just saw you leave your corporeal form
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

ok so i pirated this book and while i like it overall there are some problematic passages. discipline can you elaborate on your thinking behind these? because i can't understand what you were going for:

"This is so scene," breathed Emma, furiously thumbing her iPhone. "This is scene as fuck." Balthazar finally caught up amid the carnage, only bleeding from three of his perfectly sufficient functioning orifices. Emma brushed him aside, snapping one more quick selfie with the, as she would later label the instragram album, "ungulate pile" her minigun had created, or more accurately, inspired. "Hush," she exhaled, opening one of the roughly 20 pockets sewn into her post-apocalyptic jumpsuit and shoving her uncracked iPhone into it tenderly. "Those were Israeli camels we just slaughtered."

"lol she just dooked on him." read the text. It was true, in the end, although more discerning minds might have settled upon a more delicate verb to describe the ever-escalating situation. "Take one screaming lady, a colostomy bag that's not only full but gorging, and a...like a cake decorating bag? That bag with the nipple you can squeeze stuff out of? I don't know what it's called, I just cut holes in freezer bags and use that when I make a cake. I think it's a big rip off to buy those expensive pastry or whatever bags when you can make your own at home. I like buttercream icing. I think it's unobtrusive to the flavor of the pastry while also adding its own sweet notes to the...hang on." Her reverie was interrupted as a Leaper bound at her from starboard and she quickly loaded and discharged a plasma shot straight into its brain. Mission accomplished, she would later tweet.

Emma's cracked and disheveled hands trembled around the glistening can of Bavaria 0.0% brew, it's sweetly dappled aluminum exterior sweating the non-alcoholic beer in the moistened desert apartment. "I need this, like I need my grenade launcher." She popped the can, drinking greedily. "WOOO!! Spring break!!! Yeahhh!!!" she screamed, as the nothing inside the can took its effects.

I don't have any idea where I'm going with this.

post the cyberpunk troophate book

i honestly would like to read tpaine's book irl for real, although given my history of actually getting around to reading things i would probably join the dreaded list of "i sent you my book and you didn't read it, this is why i don't show anyone my book" people
[account deactivated]
I have now read Spooks. I found it a little heavyhanded and maybe a little too obvious but I'm reading it as a rhizzone poster and so I can't speak for actual healthy people, obviously.

The length seemed a bit off to me, like it should have either been shorter or longer though I'm not sure which. I feel like it must have been difficult to decide when to end it - I wonder how it would read if it ended as soon as she got home, without the multiparagraph wrap up, but otoh I understand the purpose of the wrap up, to hammer everything in. (I felt similarly about the epilogue of Handmaid's Tale the first time I read it, a long time ago, but after I got older I realized I would have misunderstood it without that part)

I wonder how accessible it is to the current day Carolines and if it's too insulting to them to be effective. But it's a hell of a lot better than nothing and I haven't read any explicitly political contemporary fiction like this before and I'm glad it exists.

Thank you for giving it away and I'll suggest it to some people. I hope this will positively impact your personal brand
[account deactivated]
Dearest Discipline/Khamsek, I read your book. I think someone somewhere once said that hell is just a slightly worse version of the wold the we currently live in. If that's true, your book is a great depiction of hell for the first world left. Anyways, god bless and happy thirtieth birthday.
khamsek do you know anything about what's going on in Rojava right now? thoughts?
waht

Impper posted:

waht

Impper posted:

waht

christ

imppers back. slumlord me a condo, please