hungary 1956 was like what, one 9/11 of deaths? prfff

VoxNihili posted:

Crow I know you mean well and are very well-read but PLEASE be skeptical when you're presented with election results that say the new government that just imposed control over our nation has a 98% approval rating.

this actually happened to yasser arafat though

Crow posted:

VoxNihili posted:

it's funny how like... completely lost this guy is. it's like a time portal to a college dorm at university of Florida, 2002. Nelson Mandela is, like, a russian, maan *bong rip whilst nodding along to President bush's afghanistan invasion mix*

yeah clearly i support imperialist adventures lmao you silly little man

you support crude imperial bourgeois propaganda and are such a chauvinist you can't even figure out what a Russian or a Jewish person is, tomato, tomatoe

You keep harping on this but the guy I was referring to was, in fact, a Russian trained at a USSR academy. You even tried to evade this by referring to him only "the Jewish guy" initially. Your fervor is admirable in some ways but also seems to result in a bit of intellectual dishonesty.

anyway i want to talk more about the SOVIET EMPIRE and the extractive economic relations between the ussr and eastern europe, where the ussr extracted their natural resources and then extracted money from their wallets to pay for eastern european manufactured goods

jools posted:

anyway i want to talk more about the SOVIET EMPIRE and the extractive economic relations between the ussr and eastern europe, where the ussr extracted their natural resources and then extracted money from their wallets to pay for eastern european manufactured goods

The US is putting money in Chinese wallets but outsourcing all of our manufacturing there is still economic imperialism.

dude fuck off already
ok

VoxNihili posted:

Crow I know you mean well and are very well-read but PLEASE be skeptical when you're presented with election results that say the new government that just imposed control over our nation has a 98% approval rating.

I'm supposed to respect you when you refuse to read anything I post?

VoxNihili posted:

jools posted:

The US is putting money in Chinese wallets but outsourcing all of our manufacturing there is still economic imperialism.

outsourcing isnt really imperialism though is it?

jk

VoxNihili posted:

in the case of Turkmenistan, the USSR actually militarily reconquered the country, which had escaped the Russian sphere during the revolution. Good Shit. im sure ready to stake my credibility on backing up whatever the fuck russia does now that its 100x worse than it was under the USSR, which is the forum M.O.

VoxNihili posted:

stegosaurus posted:

VoxNihili posted:

stegosaurus posted:

look at the allegedly extractive deals between the rsfsr and other nations bro.

oh, your nation's natural resources are now part of the centrally planned economy that your people totally consented to (98% vote, i hear, lmao) and will be distributed in furtherance of the empire's party's goals. your country has always been part of Russia the USSR and its contribution is appreciated. the harvest has failed in russia and unfortunately we must take a bit extra this year. i also apologize that your longstanding nomadic way of life, your religion, and your values must come to an end, but frankly, in doing this, we are somehow enhancing and furthering your culture. we are lifting you out of barbarism. this narrative is not at all consistent with imperialism, but is rather the pure embrace of revolutionary spirit.

lol food was subsidized and available to everyone on a minimum wage along with rent, education and transport. another thing you dont know a god damn thing about. unless you're referring to the 30s in which case, point taken, that was a disaster, but it still wasn't an assault on anyone in particular, the entire country starved not just ukraine or siberia. urban russians weren't eating hogs while peasants ate weeds. no one studying the famine has ever made that allegation.

the party elite werent starving.

it's true the ussr provided its people and its subjects with food and housing when it had the capacity to do so, and the vast majority of people are ignorant of this. for this, it gets this special medal: Officially Better Than The United States

lol @ transit and education. transit was strictly limited. education was in large part propaganda and was at best more akin to training for the vast majority of people.

So, that Afghanistan thing, what was that all about again?

you know absolutely nothing about soviet education or how it was provided. the longer you worked the more support you got going back to school. "longer" in this time frame being 5 years. you would quit your job and the state would pay your tuition and provide a stipend. the quality of education was world class btw. and there were special affirmative action programs for workers and national minorities and members of foreign countries. transit was not strictly limited it was subsidized heavily. which is why the russian rail system collapsed after the fall of communism, there was no state sending trains to every last corner of the country any more, regardless of the cost.

at best more akin to training for the vast majority of people, what planet is this again, where is education not training for the vast majority of people? are you twisting the definition of postsecondary education now like you twisted the definition of imperialism?
this really is a blast from the past. who the fuck is this guy and where did he even come from lol
tbf the rail system has held up relatively well mostly as a consequence of remaining state owned. restaurant cars all being individually owned private franchises is some wacky 90s jeffrey sachs coke dream shit though.

stegosaurus posted:

VoxNihili posted:

stegosaurus posted:

VoxNihili posted:

stegosaurus posted:

look at the allegedly extractive deals between the rsfsr and other nations bro.

oh, your nation's natural resources are now part of the centrally planned economy that your people totally consented to (98% vote, i hear, lmao) and will be distributed in furtherance of the empire's party's goals. your country has always been part of Russia the USSR and its contribution is appreciated. the harvest has failed in russia and unfortunately we must take a bit extra this year. i also apologize that your longstanding nomadic way of life, your religion, and your values must come to an end, but frankly, in doing this, we are somehow enhancing and furthering your culture. we are lifting you out of barbarism. this narrative is not at all consistent with imperialism, but is rather the pure embrace of revolutionary spirit.

lol food was subsidized and available to everyone on a minimum wage along with rent, education and transport. another thing you dont know a god damn thing about. unless you're referring to the 30s in which case, point taken, that was a disaster, but it still wasn't an assault on anyone in particular, the entire country starved not just ukraine or siberia. urban russians weren't eating hogs while peasants ate weeds. no one studying the famine has ever made that allegation.

the party elite werent starving.

it's true the ussr provided its people and its subjects with food and housing when it had the capacity to do so, and the vast majority of people are ignorant of this. for this, it gets this special medal: Officially Better Than The United States

lol @ transit and education. transit was strictly limited. education was in large part propaganda and was at best more akin to training for the vast majority of people.

So, that Afghanistan thing, what was that all about again?

you know absolutely nothing about soviet education or how it was provided. the longer you worked the more support you got going back to school. "longer" in this time frame being 5 years. you would quit your job and the state would pay your tuition and provide a stipend. the quality of education was world class btw. and there were special affirmative action programs for workers and national minorities and members of foreign countries. transit was not strictly limited it was subsidized heavily. which is why the russian rail system collapsed after the fall of communism, there was no state sending trains to every last corner of the country any more, regardless of the cost.

I was thinking of education under Stalin, which iirc focused on creating productive workers.

god damn liberal bomb throwers

- bill o'reilly

VoxNihili posted:

Crow posted:

VoxNihili posted:

it's funny how like... completely lost this guy is. it's like a time portal to a college dorm at university of Florida, 2002. Nelson Mandela is, like, a russian, maan *bong rip whilst nodding along to President bush's afghanistan invasion mix*

yeah clearly i support imperialist adventures lmao you silly little man

you support crude imperial bourgeois propaganda and are such a chauvinist you can't even figure out what a Russian or a Jewish person is, tomato, tomatoe

You keep harping on this but the guy I was referring to was, in fact, a Russian trained at a USSR academy. You even tried to evade this by referring to him only "the Jewish guy" initially. Your fervor is admirable in some ways but also seems to result in a bit of intellectual dishonesty.

ah yes, trained at a USSR academy, where he received arcade knowledge in the oriental mysteries of AntiSemitism. in the Russian republic 344 out of every 1,000 jewish people completed this savage and mandarin rite deemed "some form of higher education" by the 1970s, compared to 43 out of every 1,000 Russians, where they were drilled with antisemitic propaganda by their brethren

please stop trolling the rhizzone with bourgeois propaganda voxnihili, we the rhizzone people are a peaceful species and yet you bring ill omens to our sky.

VoxNihili posted:

I was thinking of education under Stalin, which iirc focused on creating productive workers.

this is... unique among all education systems, i'm sure.

it just sounds like you're mad about taylorism, honestly. which is reasonable!

aerdil posted:

please stop trolling the rhizzone with bourgeois propaganda voxnihili, we the rhizzone people are a peaceful species and yet you bring ill omens to our sky.

oh come on, this is the only thing happening on this stupid website

alright, ive gotta go, ya'll can return to Seinfeld Appreciation Thread and the Complaining About Our Wives Thread

VoxNihili posted:

aerdil posted:

shut the fuck up and fuck off

yeah fuck out of here idiot. read a single source in this thread maybe.
that was weird. anyway.

Crow posted:

VoxNihili posted:

aerdil posted:

shut the fuck up and fuck off

Sseinfeld. wow what a bad site this is. DAmn. so unserious. Nothing even going on. Just stirring the pot lol. and the best part... I aint even mad.

VoxNihili posted:

like are you drunk? what new government? are you talking about the bourgeois government that just seized control? or the one that governed for 70 years? you have no idea what you're talking about, but you're such a chauvinist you have to interject with stupid, crude lies anyway

who invited this guy anyway

VoxNihili posted:

aerdil posted:

its really not that entertaining after living through it a hundred different times

All I got out of the thread is that US-China trade relations are analogous to USSR-Soviet Republic trade relations, which effectively makes the US and its leader Barack Hussein Obama communist. I'm a libertarian now.

wasted posted:

All I got out of the thread is that US-China trade relations are analogous to USSR-Soviet Republic trade relations, which effectively makes the US and its leader Barack Hussein Obama communist. I'm a libertarian now.

what is a USSR-Soviet Republic trade relation?

its like touching yourself at night
....very carefully
As if the stakes were not high enough, Greece is threatening a court injunction against the EU institutions to block any exit from the eurozone, according to the Daily Telegraph:

“The Greek government will make use of all our legal rights,” said the finance minister, Yanis Varoufakis.

“We are taking advice and will certainly consider an injunction at the European Court of Justice. The EU treaties make no provision for euro exit and we refuse to accept it. Our membership is not negotiable,“ he told the Telegraph.

Petrol posted:

who invited this guy anyway

yea tank crew only

when i first saw ppl online talking about 'tankies' i didnt get it. i assumed they were referring to world of tanks
actually, this is true. ross wolfe, amber frost, and the the jacobin writers happen to be hardcore war thunder fans.
congratulations to everyone defending the post-khrushchevite revisionist state apparatus itt. "oh actually the soviet union was great, but only once we got rid of that pesky communist, josef stalin, and replaced him with a bunch of social-democratic administrators to implement minimal workplace democracy and some Extremely Good Trains" smdh
don't talk shit about Trains sammy
so in summation russia can't be accurately labelled a settler state because it slaughtered most of its colonial natives during the tsarist era and the rest sided with the nazis during ww2 so their right to national self-determination is permanently void