le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

whats this in a non-dead language

Loose translation:

The Quran, it's fucked! It doesn't stop the bullets.

[account deactivated]
why'd you downvote that chickeon. that's a ban.
it's tentative, i couldn't tell if you were joking
it says
The Quran
It's shitty, it doesn't stop bullets!

the excremental nature of the blaspheming is important imo, "It's fucked!" would be more tongue in cheek or sarcastic and require a level of self awareness I won't ascribe to the idiots @ the publication. it is instead an extremely base, crude denunciation lacking in humour and entirely filled with hatred

chickeon posted:

it is instead an extremely base, crude denunciation lacking in humour and entirely filled with hatred

but enough about every single first world media publication

chickeon posted:

it says
The Quran

the excremental nature of the blaspheming is important imo, "It's fucked!" would be more tongue in cheek or sarcastic and require a level of self awareness I won't ascribe to the idiots @ the publication. it is instead an extremely base, crude denunciation lacking in humour and entirely filled with hatred

chickeon is right... folks, i fucked up here.

[account deactivated]
i am friends with a cartoonist and i'd say about once every few minutes since this happened he's posted a link on facebook about how cartoonists are the vanguard of free speech and that anyone trying to "understand" what happened is evil. he's really nice but he's a trotskyist.
here's my edgy political cartoon in defence of free speech

chickeon posted:

it says
The Quran

notice also that the guy has no weapon and is holding up his holy book, being straight up murdered

i think it's making fun of islamists in egypt getting clowned on by the military

Urbandale posted:

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

"Freedom of speech" is a weird one because it seems like something bourgeois journalists/artists only freak out about on behalf of other bourgeois journalists/artists. If people without the platform to publish their opinions get killed nobody even brings up freedom of speech.

what are rights precious

Well I'm not making an argument about the existence universal human rights or a right to freedom of speech, I'm trying to say the internal logic of bourgeois 'freedom of speech' is only afforded to journalists. Obviously their "right" to free speech has been violated, they're dead, they have no ability to speak any more. Are we going to comment on the right of free speech of every murder victim ever? I know that it's just journalists squealing on behalf of other dead journalists, I'm just trying to tease out the weird logic I see in the media, I realise typing this out on a largely MLM forum is somewhat superfluous.

Edited by Chthonic_Goat_666 ()

double post
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

i think it's making fun of islamists in egypt getting clowned on by the military

i agree but that islamist is clearly not showing any clear and present threat. also getfiscal i am cashing in my allotted fat joke. telling getfiscal to starve to death is like telling the greatest mountain to become the finest sand. lol. geologic timescales

check it out i just did osme cutting edge satire

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

telling getfiscal to starve to death is like telling the greatest mountain to become the finest sand.

lol

Scene: A cartoon of James Foley, shortly after decapitation. His severed head lies a few feet away from his body, his comical cartoony neckstump pointed at the viewer. His severed head is crosseyed stupidly and he says "DUrr where is my Science now??" Epic satire. 5s all around.

ilmdge posted:

check it out i just did osme cutting edge satire

"tuerie en EGYPTE??" obvious mistake. 4'd

[account deactivated]
apparently someone in france had the same idea

damn. who knows how close the rhizzone just came to going viral before fucking dedko fucked it up

Edited by swampman ()

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I'm being accused of D&D posting atm
do a cannabis one now
[account deactivated]

88888 posted:

ahahahah

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
he made it say KRISS in the bottom right lmao

88888 posted:

put this on the front page can we also get someone to edit another cover to say there's an article by S. Kriss in the issue or w/e

Sam Kriss Islamic Europe Eurabia Sam Kriss Charlie Bibdou Sam Kriss Je Suis Sam Kriss blog Idiot Joy Eurabia Blog Je Suis
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]