[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

damb i jus paid 796.31 for my spring break trip. i am going to DC
O__O

you should stop by and visit me in bowie (don't actually go there lol)

not that i still live in that stupid shit hole anyway, i prefer my humidity at 0%.

[account deactivated]
so many memories...smoking weed on the roof of giant...smoking weed in the woods...smoking weed in those portable real estate office things at yuppie housing developments...

hmmm, what a boring place

tpaine posted:

he also prefers his ladies as closely resembling jeffrey tambor in drag as possible lol

hell yeah

[account deactivated]
well my real advice for an authentic dc experience is to walk around georgia avenue (in northwest, around Shaw) and eat at the different roti shops or whatever.

also go to ben's chili bowl and get a hot dog (it's somewhere around there, i don't remember, look it up on your phone). this is the required tourist spot in dc i suppose.

fun fact: ben ali was actually a friend to my grandmother's family. if you look at pictures of him, he's darker than midnight, but 0% black. must have been one of those south indian trinidadians

Edited by Peelzebub ()

i live elsewhere now, but im pretty sure other 'zoners live in dc
are you staying in a hotel in maryland or virginia?
[account deactivated]
ah, yeah i thought so. well i was gonna say go here in vienna (virginia): http://www.yelp.com/biz/lebnan-zaman-vienna but apparently they are closed now...

the historical sites are nice enough to see anyway. blossoms are blooming starting in march. if you go to that giant graveyard, the walk is unbearably long and tiresome, so be prepared. if you go to mount vernon that's nice too, a real look into colonial plantation life.
i may hate my ancestral homelands but i sure do talk about them a lot...

discipline posted:

tpaine who is the australian guy who reads stuff on youtube for five dollars

Roger Stockburger

Barack Obama ruined Ben's Chili Bowl
looking at their website, it seems like they're still doing the whole bill cosby "thing;" thought they would get rid of that with him being a rapist and all.

last time i visited (like a year ago maybe) the staff was 100% ethiopian, no idea if the family is still involved in it.
there's a bar that i like right next to ben's called the saloon

gwarp posted:

the walk is unbearably long and tiresome,

this is basically my memory of more or less all of the various dc field trips that my school took. now i'm a pro walker, i can walk all day

[account deactivated]
you know what to do
OBAME: Somebody set up us the bomb.
make your time, conec. make your time. Also I like your song
[account deactivated]
hey this song is cool

incidentally we just got a new city motto here for washington dc. the new motto is "we are washington dc."
i thought it was ftw when they tried to get a street named "taxation without representation street" or whatever it was but a bunch of people got pissed off about it.