http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Thousands-Protest-Muslim-Conference-in-Garland-288936351.html

Thousands of protesters and counter-protesters held American flags and signs outside of a Muslim conference in Garland, Texas on Saturday night.

"We're here to stand up for the American way of life from a faction of people who are trying to destroy us," a man protesting the conference said.

The demonstrations began hours before the start of the program at the Curtis Culwell Center, which is operated by the Garland Independent School District.

The conference is titled “Stand With the Prophet Against Terror and Hate” and bills itself as a fundraiser to build a center dedicated to teaching Muslims how to combat negative depictions of their faith.

"They want for people to see that we are kind, peaceful people," a Muslim woman at the conference said. "We're not here to fight, we're not here to argue. We're just here to show that we're Americans too."

Because of safety and protest concerns, the organizers asked for extra security.

“This is one of several cultural and religious-based groups and events that we have there at the center,” Chris Moore, Garland ISD spokesperson told NBC DFW on Friday. “And we’re going to keep that open to them. This is a non-discriminatory facility.”

The conference and protests come a little over a week after Islamic militants stormed the offices of French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, killing 12 people, including the magazine's top editor.

1rBPEfKxtnk

Edited by HenryKrinkle ()

[account deactivated]
set my watch forward 1400 years as instructed and now hippies are singtelling me that in the year thirty four fifteen man is a whore of the machine. help me goons
[account deactivated]
morans
Infidels Motorcycle Club is a veteran formed and based MC for Patriotic Americans and our supporting allies.

Definition of an Infidel: One who doubts or rejects a particular doctrine, system, or principle.

The Infidels MC reject the radical jihadist movement that threatens liberty and freedom around the world. The Infidels MC will support the fight against terrorism as military members, contractors in support of the military, and as patriotic Americans supporting our fighting forces from the homeland.
Glad to see White Supremacists and Jews finally getting along, and, in many cases, being the same people
thx for posting krinkly
lol @ the protestant christian flag. i always wondered how they reconcile hanging out with the white supreamcist types. well, maybe they dont...

i went to a protestant christian school very briefly, those people are nazis.
*holds up an Atheists For Islam flag*
its almost like we just have our kkk rallies without the robes now
Those people are nuts, Islam sucks but it will die out soon enough, being afraid of it is like being afraid of tube televisions
Also that Muslim conference is about distancing Muslims from terror which means the government is probably financing it anyway. It'd be like Jewish Symposium on Saving Our Youth from Careers in Hollywood and Banking.

getfiscal posted:

Those people are nuts, Islam sucks but it will die out soon enough, being afraid of it is like being afraid of tube televisions

televisions are actually very dangerous. more dangerous than Islamic Terror in fact

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tipping-televisions-kill-record-number-of-us-kids-govt-warns/

getfiscal posted:

so edgy donald that you cut me

guidoanselmi posted:

getfiscal posted:

not sure why you singled me out here. half of the posts on this forum are about how we need to nuke tel aviv to kill the head of the nazi beast.

cFAKBt_kHo8

getfiscal posted:

guidoanselmi posted:
getfiscal posted:
not sure why you singled me out here. half of the posts on this forum are about how we need to nuke tel aviv to kill the head of the nazi beast.

"you can pry my islam from my cold dead hands" guido anselmi as atheist catholic obama thugs bust down his door

i dunno i occassionally feel compelled to post to maintain some relevance on this forum so i can keep the flame old LF memories alive. i am typically left with nothing to say because there's little content here/i'm functionally illiterate, so consider it my way of reaching out and saying hi.

guidoanselmi posted:

"you can pry my islam from my cold dead hands" guido anselmi as atheist catholic obama thugs bust down his door

no one is afraid of shia muslims anymore. even these protesters have probably forgotten that iran exists. plus obviously you're under my personal protection.

guidoanselmi posted:

i dunno i occassionally feel compelled to post to maintain some relevance on this forum so i can keep the flame old LF memories alive. i am typically left with nothing to say because there's little content here/i'm functionally illiterate, so consider it my way of reaching out and saying hi.

hello friend

having hung out with several rhizzone people irl i can say that guidoanselmi is the only rhizzone poster i would have any interest in hanging out with irl (besides donny donny is badass)

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

donny is badass

yeah if i visit new york i would definitely hang out with you and we could wear light clothing and tell people winter is cancelled this year.

[account deactivated]
aww garsh, you guys.

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

having hung out with several rhizzone people irl i can say that guidoanselmi is the only rhizzone poster i would have any interest in hanging out with irl (besides donny donny is badass)

lol i think the midwestern austerity thats been bred into me would make me too lame to keep up with your cool ways.

guidoanselmi posted:

hi!

i tell dad jokes irl

SubhanAllah today while I was grocery shopping at Whole Foods, as I was reaching for a carton of eggs I felt a tap on my shoulder as I look over she says, "Do you really hate me because I am an infidel?" I put the carton of eggs back on the shelf and turned to her, I was caught completely off guard. I looked at her with a smile and said, "excuse me?" She replied, "I am so sorry to approach you like this but you looked like such a sweet girl, and this is my first time seeing a real life Muslim, I live in a very small town west of Dallas. I just need to know, do you hate me?" I smiled at her and said, "ma'am why would you think that I don't even know you." She replied, "on the news, they are always saying that you Muslims hate us, so I really want to know do you hate me?" We talked for about 20 minutes and at the end of our conversation she gave me a hug and said, "I wish the news would show us people like you, anyways honey if you are ever in west Texas please come visit me I would love to have you."
I remembered the time the Prophet PBUH was in the market and noticed an older women having trouble putting all her things on her camel. When the Prophet pbuh saw her he immediately went to help her. He put her things on the camel and he didn’t stop there he accompanied her, kept her company, dragged her camel until she reached her destination he then took her things off the camel and assisted her to her home. The old women said to him, o young man I thank you for this company how can I ever repay you? I don’t have any wealth but I can give you some advice. There is a man his name is Muhammad he is a very bad man. He has disunited the people and disunited the families. He teaches people sorcery, and he leads them astray from the ancestral beliefs. Keep away from him I don’t want you to be destroyed. You are such a good person. As the prophet pbuh was walking away, she finally asked for his name. He said my name is Muhammad. She then said shahada and said only a Messenger could have such beautiful character. #WhoisMuhammad
While I know a lot of Muslims are frustrated because of recent events, know that there are so many good people in this world. This conversation really made me think, what if I wasn't a Muslim and never met a Muslim and all I know about Islam and Muslims is what I see on TV -how would I feel? We really need to show the world what Islam is. We really must emulate the Prophet pbuh, let the world know #whoisMuhammad through our actions.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
a friend of mine from undergrad is a second generation immigrant from pakistan and said that one time when their family was in the midwest for some reason (visiting other family? idr) they were eating at a diner somewhere and someone out of the blue walks up to their table and says something like "i know they all think you guys are terrorists but as far as i'm concerned you're all right"
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i know everyo ne thinks youre terrorists....and i do too.... but hell. thats ok with me

TheIneff posted:

SubhanAllah today while I was grocery shopping at Whole Foods, as I was reaching for a carton of eggs I felt a tap on my shoulder as I look over she says, "Do you really hate me because I am an infidel?" I put the carton of eggs back on the shelf and turned to her, I was caught completely off guard. I looked at her with a smile and said, "excuse me?" She replied, "I am so sorry to approach you like this but you looked like such a sweet girl, and this is my first time seeing a real life Muslim, I live in a very small town west of Dallas. I just need to know, do you hate me?" I smiled at her and said, "ma'am why would you think that I don't even know you." She replied, "on the news, they are always saying that you Muslims hate us, so I really want to know do you hate me?" We talked for about 20 minutes and at the end of our conversation she gave me a hug and said, "I wish the news would show us people like you, anyways honey if you are ever in west Texas please come visit me I would love to have you."
I remembered the time the Prophet PBUH was in the market and noticed an older women having trouble putting all her things on her camel. When the Prophet pbuh saw her he immediately went to help her. He put her things on the camel and he didn’t stop there he accompanied her, kept her company, dragged her camel until she reached her destination he then took her things off the camel and assisted her to her home. The old women said to him, o young man I thank you for this company how can I ever repay you? I don’t have any wealth but I can give you some advice. There is a man his name is Muhammad he is a very bad man. He has disunited the people and disunited the families. He teaches people sorcery, and he leads them astray from the ancestral beliefs. Keep away from him I don’t want you to be destroyed. You are such a good person. As the prophet pbuh was walking away, she finally asked for his name. He said my name is Muhammad. She then said shahada and said only a Messenger could have such beautiful character. #WhoisMuhammad
While I know a lot of Muslims are frustrated because of recent events, know that there are so many good people in this world. This conversation really made me think, what if I wasn't a Muslim and never met a Muslim and all I know about Islam and Muslims is what I see on TV -how would I feel? We really need to show the world what Islam is. We really must emulate the Prophet pbuh, let the world know #whoisMuhammad through our actions.

this is screaming for a marine Todd mashup

"we are united in our voracious hatred of B. Hussein Obama"
excuse me miss do you think the next time y'all have a jihad meeting you could ask obama if he can extend my unemployment 6 more months, please?
"the Prophet PBUH" sounds like a spaceship in Halo

can anyone tell me what he is saying at the beginning of this? also at 1:15 he says something about "speaking to the relevant authorities to make sure this video goes viral" and his roommate or something in the background says "bullshit" and it startles him. also i think that is an actual towel

is this fake? i mean it really is too good...
[account deactivated]