This is the thread for live commentary of triple moon shadow transits such as the one occuring on jupiter tonight http://new.livestream.com/GriffithObservatoryTV/JupiterTripleMoonShadowTransit

What will become of Jupiter? How will life on Jupiter be affected by this triple moon shadow transit? What does this transit have to teach us about the power of the common people to overthrow global imperialism in our lifetimes? These are just some of the questions posed in this paragraph.

Please add your commentary and remembrances of favorite multiple moon shadow transits of yore.
[account deactivated]
Breaking: Jupiter's triple moon shadow transit reaffirmed to be a triple moon shadow transit with almost zero percent likelihood of a single double or quadruple moon shadow transit at this late hour. Expert sources confirm the surprises may never stop coming, in relation to this ongoing news saga.
this some muslim thing?
I'm pretty sure space is atheist, guy.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

yeah cuz we're all so fat lmao

we make fun of jamaica now.

[account deactivated]
If our moon is called the moon, why are other moons called moons? It'd be like if all suns were named the sun instead of stars. Anyway that's why I believe in God.
[account deactivated]
is jupiter trans now. someone explain this thread... slowly.
[account deactivated]
this isn't a thread for dad music, it's a thread for jupiter and the big transit, which someone will explain to me soon
we should respect jupiter's decision whatever gender xe identifies as
Ptolemaic system ftw imo ttyl fml
swamp man u never pmed me back

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

swamp man u never pmed me back

Sorry, I was a tad bit busy, was just watching triple moon shadow transit across the face of fuckin JUPITER

getfiscal posted:

this some muslim thing?

no. islam preaches only one moon god. jupiter is haraam with multiple dieties

minimal effort poast.

jupiter/europa facts:

So a contributing factor to the prevalence of life on earth is its magnetic field which shields the surface from high energy charged particles (solar protons, cosmic rays) by deflecting their earth-bound trajectories away or in loops within the magnetic field.

jupiter has a very strong magnetic field:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetosphere_of_Jupiter

what results is a lot of very energy particles trapped within the magnetosphere.

of course what i call "very high energy particles" can be more colloquially understood as (ionizing) radiation. so how much radiation?

so much radiation that europa, despite being minisucle with little gravitational attraction has an atmosphere of sorts. it's a local atmosphere on the side of europa that is orbiting through the magnetosphere: high energy particles hit the surface and break the liquid ice bonds such that a tenuous, local oxygen atmosphere forms. http://people.virginia.edu/~rej/papers09/Johnson4005.pdf

now, let's play a cruel joke on europa and send man's first ambassador to europa: thomas friedman. after a journey of about 10 friedman units to europa in a well-shielded spacecraft, our intrepid major tom friedman steps out onto the surface because he was too busy talking to the folks at ground control and relaying stories about his travels and socializing with people at davos.

he steps out and dies from radiation exposure on the surface before he draw his first empty breath of the vacuum of space (/incredibly low density of O).

such is the radiation on europa.
tldr lets send tom friedman to europa.
Fire Tom Friedman...into space!!!!!

swampman posted:

Triple Moon Shadow Transit

band name

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

what's up piss!?!

hello,

eta: i've never watched this video before
triple moon shadow transit is a sick album

piss posted:

swampman posted:

band name

oh. i see how it is.

tpaine posted:

you just collect these things to undermine any possible positive thought anyone might have toward humanity huh

[account deactivated]

drwhat posted:

piss posted:

swampman posted:

band name

oh. i see how it is.

Triple Moon Shadow Transit is my Limit Break

i am getting really sick after seeing that. i don't think ive ever gotten this grossed out from watching something on the internet. oh god...
i bought my parents a smart tv and spent all last weekend making them watch LA Beast and false flag truth videos on it

gwarp posted:

i am getting really sick after seeing that. i don't think ive ever gotten this grossed out from watching something on the internet. oh god...

Yes, I found the merger of Io's and Callisto's shadows a particularly stomach-churning moment.

wow la beast's monetization strategy is really stepping up
that was a good thematic choice of book recommendation, 'the giver' is the "idiot bro-dude self harms in convoluted ways for your amusement" of political allegory
Jupiter...Huge
[account deactivated]