daddyholes posted:

getfiscal posted:

it's usually blogs of middle-brow clowns who have a BA in international politics and volunteer at their congressman's office or something who champion him.

also people who write all white papers for the u.s. government aka the same people

getfiscal posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

like Goat is right that ideology causes spontaneous genesis of these clowns, but they are most effective when they're curated with a light touch instead of just being left to wander. it's a lot of pay off for a very small and deniable investment

oh that's completely true. some guys invited him to turkey to talk about syria so he flew out there. i would guess they probably funded that. then magically he was whisked away by some turkish military officials and given a scoop about syrian weapons use or something. and he sold the story as like 'being in the right place in the right time' when it was obvious he was being shepherded around by turkish officials as a way of leaking a fake story.

can you go into more detail about this

getfiscal cannot currently respond, as he is undergoing disciplinary action for violating security protocols, also because we dared him to put all 4 mars bars in his mouth at once and he's having difficulty chewing

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

can you go into more detail about this

a friend of mine gets so angry about it, i'll ask her for links and get back to you.

[account deactivated]
it's ridiculous to treat him as anything but an agent.

it's a loop. he cites sources manipulated or simply offered by the u.s. government and other allied governments, it's picked up and cited by the same governments in ways tailored to support u.s. policy, it's directed if only in a haphazard way.
the CIA shut down LF. pretty sad if you think about it.
anyway I hope fat manchild Elliot Higgins dies
arguing the epistemology of this turd is a terrible waste of everyone's time

you are mistaking the way ideology works in a propaganda system. no intelligence agency is giving brown moses any orders, giving him any money or probably even feeding him any intel. there are thousands of no-name current-events blogs, probably hundreds of professionally competent attempts among them. he has three benefits that give him a leg-up on others, in order of importance: 1st, a pre-existing audience from being a somethingawul.com forums moderator, 2nd, coming on the scene when news organizations are hungry for Social Media Saving The World stories they don't have to vet or pay for, and 3rd, his analysis and topics are "apolitical" enough* and say what most Westerners and the media and government want to hear anyway.

*by this I mean that he doesn't get bogged down challenging the assumptions of power like a radical or editorializing in a way that makes any western party or official look bad ("looks like Russia's tanks are rolling over the border, thanks to the appeasement of that monkey Obama"). he is pure technocrat

my god,

daddyholes posted:

it's ridiculous to treat him as anything but an agent.

it's a loop. he cites sources manipulated or simply offered by the u.s. government and other allied governments, it's picked up and cited by the same governments in ways tailored to support u.s. policy, it's directed if only in a haphazard way.

i agree, this is true of all news media though. like you can say that they're all CIA assets and technically that's not wrong, but it's not like they were recruited in some clandestine meeting. they're just doing going about their dumb business and the material conditions are such that that business is being lapdogs for the imperial nightmare, and if you explained this to them very carefully they would just shrug and not care.

daddyholes posted:

arguing the epistemology of this turd is a terrible waste of everyone's time

gotta waste time somehow while we wait for the apocalypse

i turned on custom colors for some reason and shriekingviolet quoting daddyhonles is choice

ilmdge posted:

i turned on custom colors for some reason and shriekingviolet quoting daddyhonles is choice

i feel bad. i feel so bad people. i shouldn't have eaten four chocolate bars. i'm so sorry.
tell me more about the sinister Turk manipulating the pudgy British man getfiscal

tell me more about the sinister Turk manipulating the pudgy British man getfiscal

i forgot about this so i asked her just now. she said she followed brown moses' internet stuff closely for a while (around the syria stuff), like tweets and all that, and that she pieced it together from that, that there's no like one article that would be interesting for you to read. she said he didn't put a lot of this stuff into blog posts, although he does put a tiny bit here about being solo in turkey:

http://brown-moses.blogspot.ca/2013/07/connection-issues.html

sorry if that's disappointing.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
khamsek i have a gut feeling that you are a CIA agent.

discipline posted:

sounds like a lot of people need to read the book Spooks by EM Quangel

that's the one about molly crabapple right

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

[
you wish it was

Molly......

seems to me that its unlikely brown moses works for the government in any official capacity (if that distinction matters at all). instead he's the beneficiary of a social media program that the CIA or state department undoubtedly has to promote propaganda from sources that produce intel and analysis beneficial to american policy.

it's the modern equivalent of Operation Mockingbird and the Congress for Cultural Freedom. should everyone who ever wrote an article for Encounter be considered a "CIA employee" or simply a useful idiot being promoted and making a career over more deserving people by virtue of espousing the Right Things? CIA asset sure, but otherwise we're giving shitstains like brown moses too much credit.

Edited by aerdil ()

great sig, aerdil
thanks
i remember seeing (on twitter? a link to something else from twitter? idr) some leaked chatlogs/emails from him. anyone know where those are?
based syrian electronic army jacked these from professional war tourist/soldier of fortune/cia reject-turned-asset matthew vandyke

yeah! yeah!!!
lol i found the email the agency used to recruit vandyke on the SEA leaks site. it's exactly how i thought it would be but i'm p. sure exposing names would get me #rekt

Bablu posted:

lol i found the email the agency used to recruit vandyke on the SEA leaks site. it's exactly how i thought it would be but i'm p. sure exposing names would get me #rekt

i can assure you that posting in this place at all gets you "rekt" so please, share.

have you considered that DARPA invented the internet?!?!?! and SYRIAN GIRL posts on the VERY SAME INTERNET?! the one that BROWN MOSUL posts on?!?! (?!)

Cloud: "..."

turkey is just carrying out the NATO agenda. you know they've been functioning as massive staging area for the efforts at syrian regime change since they began right? it's not exactly a secret and has nothing to do with sinister turks and they're not really manipulating him so much as just colluding since their interests coincide 100%. It's reported extremely openly so it's not like a conspiracy narrative or something either, the only way to miss it is to not pay attention.

im not being skeptical i want to Know More.
your tone is permanent snark at this point but ok >_>

Bablu posted:

based syrian electronic army jacked these from professional war tourist/soldier of fortune/cia reject-turned-asset matthew vandyke

Bablu posted:

post it with names redacted then

well if hes a consultant for HRW then i guess he is employed by the CIA in an official capacity lmao