i got my transfer credit profile and it appears they accepted an unlikely number of credits which means i could probably finish the degree by like mid-2016.
Explain that you want to stay in college for the rest of your life so if you have to retake some stuff that's fine.

Keven posted:

Explain that you want to stay in college for the rest of your life so if you have to retake some stuff that's fine.

lol. well i don't really. i would much rather do an 'applied' professional program and then get a job. it's just that law schools and such are sort of weird in that they tend to take people with straight As and glowing recommendations over someone who didn't show up for class much and was recently told they were schizophrenic. but that's capitalism for you!!!

[account deactivated]
I love how he just *clenches fist* transfers all those credits.
i ran into a snag in my financial plans due to "never repaying a student loan" but i think i can bother everyone until it works out.
were u told that u were schizophrenic because u told ur therapist that u talk to dozens of marxists online and she just shook her head because theres no way theres still that many out there
I used to want to stay in college forever but decided the prospects were better in comedy than sociology professorship & have been acting accordingly. Either way I just want to be around smart young ppl who want to achieve things and think I'm good, forever. I think that's a reasonable and achievable life goal. Let's all share our goals.
I also hope to 1 day have a subscription to lootcrate.

Keven posted:

I used to want to stay in college forever but decided the prospects were better in comedy than sociology professorship & have been acting accordingly. Either way I just want to be around smart young ppl who want to achieve things and think I'm good, forever. I think that's a reasonable and achievable life goal. Let's all share our goals.

my doppleganger got a job on a canadian sketch comedy show so there's always hope if i fail out.

my goal is to stave off depression and liver failure for 8.4 more years as a public defender. then, with my seemingly insurmountable law school loans wiped off the face of the earth like sins during a jubilee, i hope that by then i will have come up with a Second Career that is satisfying but not soul crushing
TG can the zzone keep you on retainer for when the Feeb comes to put us in camps

we could kick you a tenner every few months, you know, as a sign of good faith
[account deactivated]
i hav a dumb job
TG you should write an update to the old forensics effortpost imo

dank_xiaopeng posted:

TG can the zzone keep you on retainer for when the Feeb comes to put us in camps

we could kick you a tenner every few months, you know, as a sign of good faith

yeah, although id be largely useless at this point. to be fair, if they really want to fuck us, any lawyer would be largely useless. no need for payment, just promise to vouch for me when the revolution comes so i don't end up with my back to the wall

Urbandale posted:

thats a good call, it would help me keep it fresh in my mind for when i move up to felony court, where they actually use such garbage in their cases

school is bullshit quit being pussies and get a real job

RBC posted:

Frig off!!!!

getfiscal posted:

RBC posted:

Frig off!!!!

I just fired someone, wanna come work for my startup? dogdaddy.biz

Is it a puppy mill. Sure. I'll work for a puppy mill.
yeah ill work for your startup also i already live in the bay area so hey give me money *a twenty year old stares at my groveling face and slowly intones* sorry we're only looking for interns at the moment but i can offer you some equity and future shares once we're an IPO
I hate the word startup. It's too cocksure. You think you're going up pal? We'll see about that!

We need another word for "business that's losing money, but everyone's too young and rich to give a shit".
daycare?
have u guys ever seen the show called silicon valley its pretty lol i think ud enjoy it
the veep episode where they go to silicon valley was pretty on point
Silicon Valley is shit.it enables our posting
If I was smart I'd take my semi-autonomous human drone tech setup and turn it into a startup about surveillance slavery
silicon valley show is okay but fairly fucken redundant. veep is excellent tho
[account deactivated]
veep does an okay job at portraying politicians as ego-driven power-grubbing shills for corporate money and business interests with the implicit subtext that politicians are essentially apolitical these days so that they can be vessels for the politics of the business class. i suppose that message of "realism" and cynicism is all u can hope for from a tv show on corporate media. which makes it better than the west wing. also its funny.
also armando fucken ianucci, mate.

tpaine posted:

fuckin love TV!!

In Psychonauts, the kids brains get stolen and they suddenly love TV lol.... That's probably my favorite video game

[account deactivated]
My drivers license got suspended because of an unpaired ticket which was never sent to me. How is the CIA repressing you, 'Zzone?

Urbandale posted:

heres a solid article about the subject. it mostly rehashes the findings of the 2009 FAS report that said, basically, the scientific vailidity of every forensic evidence field except DNA is unproven and essentially unreliable

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/04/24/badforensics/

it's like, if you're working you have a stomach full of nitric and sulfuric acid, and if you're not working you have a head swirling with gaseous toxins
filled out 119 pages of paperwork only to get fucked by page 120.

[account deactivated]
sooo, have any of you gotten some kind of security clearance? like public trust at least.

Peelzebub posted:

sooo, have any of you gotten some kind of security clearance? like public trust at least.

i was warden of IFAP for a while if that counts.