yeah honestly if i was a fast draw with good aim and had a gun in my messenger bag it woulda been lights out for the ol' hillary clinton. there's less security at those random unannounced visits. unfortunately i'm not a homicidal idiot prone to making ineffectual symbolic gestures.
but what if she had gun? hm.
anyway who wants to make molotov cocktails for upcoming DNC conventions? i can email you the anarchist cookbook if you email me the address you'll be storing them.
if you dont know by now that this site was made as a cia honeypot to get leftists to make posts that will disqualify them from future political careers i don't even know what to tell you
that sounds counterproductive to the current strategy of completely neutralizing leftists by giving them political careers!!
touche
[account deactivated]

aerdil posted:

unfortunately i'm not a homicidal idiot prone to making ineffectual symbolic gestures.

i thought you were an american?

aerdil posted:

but what if she had gun? hm.

She'd shoot your bullet out of the air and secret service would tackle you and be about to arrest you but she'd put her boot on your head and her gun also on your head and say oops. Secret service officer Mike Tork here, his service revolver discharged in error. Then she'd shoot you in the head killing you and splattering blood on her face and she'd grin and lick some of it and whisper just like vince foster.

aerdil posted:

yeah honestly if i was a fast draw with good aim and had a gun in my messenger bag it woulda been lights out for the ol' hillary clinton. there's less security at those random unannounced visits. unfortunately i'm not a smart, moral guy prone to making ineffective but worthwhile gestures.

'My life is worth more than her death', he thought silently to himself in the gathering darkness as he stared out from the bridge over the harbor waters.
Today i have a full day away from my workplace so i can attend union training. To prepare myself i recently watched the 2001 movie "Training Day". Wish me luck.
[account deactivated]
i got food poisoning
[account deactivated]
Real Life Real Dilemma because for some reason I'm honest on RhiZZone and value the ethics of people here:

My ex and I broke up last year and split up our cats. It wasn't a rancorous breakup but just more a emotional, mutually painful one so we're not in contact.

While we had the cats together, it was essentially long distance with me taking care of them exclusively.

I got news through mutual friends that the cat she took was put down despite being two years old on account of a condition he had. We knew he had an issue, inflamed gums and awful breath, at the time but didn't think it was harmful. We told by the shelter, but not vets, to get his teeth removed. I opted not to because I didn't see the risk and he appeared to be fine - so why risk feline GA and a toothless life?

Of course she never let me know directly, which honestly was pretty shitty of her imho but I don't blame her given lack of contact. I do want to express sincere condolences and relay some happy cat memories and that I was confident in her decision to be supportive like a good person to any friend - but, again, it's not as though we have any direct ties.

Any thoughts, RhiZZone people? I would actually appreciate them.
talking to exes for any reason is illegal.

guidoanselmi posted:

Real Life Real Dilemma because for some reason I'm honest on RhiZZone and value the ethics of people here:

My ex and I broke up last year and split up our cats. It wasn't a rancorous breakup but just more a emotional, mutually painful one so we're not in contact.

While we had the cats together, it was essentially long distance with me taking care of them exclusively.

I got news through mutual friends that the cat she took was put down despite being two years old on account of a condition he had. We knew he had an issue, inflamed gums and awful breath, at the time but didn't think it was harmful. We told by the shelter, but not vets, to get his teeth removed. I opted not to because I didn't see the risk and he appeared to be fine - so why risk feline GA and a toothless life?

Of course she never let me know directly, which honestly was pretty shitty of her imho but I don't blame her given lack of contact. I do want to express sincere condolences and relay some happy cat memories and that I was confident in her decision to be supportive like a good person to any friend - but, again, it's not as though we have any direct ties.

Sorry about your cat. Making no-win decisions always sucks, but there's nothing to gain by guilt-tripping yourself endlessly about what could've been done instead of accepting the reality of your action's consequences (easier said than done). As to your ex not calling you that was her choice not yours. But if I had to hazard a motive, I imagine she may not have wanted to risk using the death of your cat as an excuse to open old wounds.

Anyways, sorry.

You should also consider that your ex was in the best position to decide whether the cat needed to be euthanized, being its daily caretaker. Anyway, as per wasted's advice, the best approach is probably to drive overnight to confront xher in person at xher place of work.
"a few years ago i kicked a bee's nest and got stung by some bees. should i kick the bee's nest again? i'm not interested in being stung by a bee, i just thought it'd be good for old time's sake." - my 'they live' glasses for relationships as a revolutionary celibate (revcel)
Gf is a celibate cetaceankin-cenobite

getfiscal posted:

"a few years ago i kicked a bee's nest and got stung by some bees. should i kick the bee's nest again? i'm not interested in being stung by a bee, i just thought it'd be good for old time's sake." - my 'they live' glasses for relationships as a revolutionary celibate (revcel)

---Schopenhauer.

today i had a meeting with my boss where he:

- effusively praised me for spending a couple hours writing some moderately technical documentation because i was sick of people bugging me for help
- gently asked me to take out the bits like "your enthusiasm melts like steel girders under burning jet fuel", "Mr McDingus from Camp Crapulent" and the large digression about ferris bueller and fight club
- said i needed to wear bigger pants because my asscrack is on general display and people are starting to talk about it
I wouldn't want my technical document to contain out and out lies like the steel beam thing.
you-a gotta bee onna you hat
[account deactivated]
just remember you're helping people and putting your shit out there which is more than anyone else on the rhizzone can say, especially me.
[account deactivated]
You're helping me. I've learned from things you've posted, and it's continued my desire to be a revolutionary. Chin up!
You're helpin me by being an actual radical and your writing radicalised me also.
I think xhe means xhe's not helping anyone who needs/deserves it
i live by oakland but something about going down there to educate black folks on the real history of the black power movement as a white guy in the suburbs rubs me wrong, so i sit in shame in my underwear and upvote jason unruhe videos on youtube
thats alright, oakland is quickly just becoming a land of white hipsters and edgy white liberals like the city anyway
i mean i live even closer to richmond, vallejo, stockton, the really fun places.
well why dont you hop on the fucking bart and COME GET DRUNK WITH ME IN SAN FRANCISCO
[account deactivated]

Edited by walkinginonit ()

E

Edited by walkinginonit ()

guidoanselmi posted:

i just had my cat's teeth taken out, it was $600 but it worked out alright. my cat had bad breath and was acting very weird, turns out his teeth were infected but i didn't notice it for a long time because cats dont like to show pain. goondolences, gum and tooth problems are extremely painful for them (and common) but also pretty easy to treat for most cats, but, it seems to be the kind of thing that would vary case-by-case

Check out this email I got

Dear State Employee:

I want to let you know about an action I must take later today. As you know, the Legislature was not able to reach a compromise to get the required votes to access funds in the Constitutional Budget Reserve. Therefore, the unfunded budget transmitted in HB 72 for fiscal year 2016 provides State spending appropriations of $5 billion, but only provides $2 billion in State funding. As a result, I had no choice but to call the Legislature into special session on April 27th. Since then, I have been working with legislators to either reach a compromise to fully fund their budget or pass a new budget with full funding, but they have not been able to get there.

I have made clear I cannot accept a budget that is not fully funded. To do so would put the State in the position of not being able to fulfill our obligations. This is unacceptable.

Later today, I will sign the budget bill the legislature passed in April. However, I have little choice but to veto the unfunded items in the bill. That means I will sign the fiscal year 2015 supplemental portion of the bill, as that is fully funded, but I will veto portions of the fiscal year 2016 budget, as that is not fully funded. Should the Legislature not pass a fully funded budget before July 1st, I will ensure the money that is in HB 72 is used for critical priorities such as life, health, and safety.

One consequence of HB 72 being unfunded for 2016 is most State employees will receive a layoff notice in early June if the Legislature fails to pass a fully funded budget by that time. We have until July 1st before we need to start shutting down any State functions that are not necessary to protect the life, health, and safety of Alaskans. However, we have contractual and moral obligations to let our employees know they may be temporarily laid off on July 1st if the budget is unfunded.

It is my sincere hope members of the Legislature can come together and finish their work with enough time to keep the State government running beyond July 1st. I will work every day to help legislators do this. I am committed to keeping our State open and ready for business.

I value the work each and every one of you do daily. You educate our children; you keep our airports open, our roads plowed, our communities safe, our seniors protected, and provide so many more critical functions. We rely on you to make Alaska the great state it is. I am gravely concerned the legislative stalemate continues to interrupt the hard work you do every day to serve fellow Alaskans.

Over the next few weeks, we will work together to keep Alaskans healthy and to provide for a sustainable fiscal future. I will keep in touch with you as we make progress.

Thank you for all you do.

Sincerely,

Bill Walker

Governor

State of Alaska

Capitol Building, Third Floor

Juneau, AK 99811

www.gov.alaska.gov