[account deactivated]
don't sign ur posts
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i've never read a single good tweet because it transforms anyone who uses it into a living caricature

how many of your posts are longer than 140 alphanumeric characters

HenryKrinkle posted:

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/590168543473315841oh c'mon sam.

didnt the EU announce military action in libya like... literally an hour after this

gam of thrones
[account deactivated]
Congratulations on your new columb dude.

sam kriss has already been on record for not being a big fan of conspiracy theories, like thinking that the government funds an entire department to come up with schemes to influence foreign countries to do our bidding or other wacky paranoid bullshit
I mean, I get it, he's really upset that the imperial bourgeoisie get such a bad rap. Come on guys, lighten up, nothin wrong with the world a lil Finance monopoly capital. Thats not the problem. The problem is {waves hands} A field of anuses as interpreted by This season's Walking Dead
[account deactivated]
red ken has been in the posting mines for years and we should show him some respect. plus he could easily hire us all when he gets a panel show on BBC 12 with dick seymour so keep that in mind when you start throwing barbs.
phil greaves has almost certainly never had sex
like the eu announcing military action isn't even relevant here and i never said it was an impossibility. what i object to is the idea that the media only covered the boat deaths as a prelude to military action, and the fact that your guy phil here read about thousands of people dying on the mediterranean and his first thought didn't have anything to do with the victims or the kind of structures that create tragedies like this, but how media lackeys are preparing the ground for imperial domination in africa or whatever. this is because he's a mad and ugly idiot. also he keeps talking about the "filthy bourgeoisie" which is uh weird on a lot of levels

deadken posted:

phil greaves has almost certainly never had sex

masturbation is sex. don't believe prudish lies.

deadken posted:

like the eu announcing military action isn't even relevant here and i never said it was an impossibility. what i object to is the idea that the media only covered the boat deaths as a prelude to military action, and the fact that your guy phil here read about thousands of people dying on the mediterranean and his first thought didn't have anything to do with the victims or the kind of structures that create tragedies like this, but how media lackeys are preparing the ground for imperial domination in africa or whatever. this is because he's a mad and ugly idiot. also he keeps talking about the "filthy bourgeoisie" which is uh weird on a lot of levels

you're a moron

[account deactivated]
yea I realized the imperial bourgeoisie are rabid dogs
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

also he keeps talking about the "filthy bourgeoisie" which is uh weird on a lot of levels

yeah the toiling classes are way, way dirtier than the bourgeoisie. most poor people around the world don't even shower that often. the bourgeoisie is mostly men in impeccable suits. they have the soap but we have the hope.

the language of filth and hygiene is a pretty weird one for a leftist to adopt, i.m.o.
keep leftism weird

deadken posted:

the language of filth and hygiene is a pretty weird one for a leftist to adopt, i.m.o.

up the crust

[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

imperial domination in africa IS the structure that created this tragedy??

[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

what i object to is the idea that the media only covered the boat deaths as a prelude to military action, and the fact that your guy phil here read about thousands of people dying on the mediterranean and his first thought didn't have anything to do with the victims or the kind of structures that create tragedies like this, but how media lackeys are preparing the ground for imperial domination in africa or whatever.

this is a weird objection which is tantamount to the reactionary position, that leftists only pretend to care about injustice in order to push an agenda. sort of a black mirror of the actual imperialist strategy phil was pointing to.

the 'voice' of western media speaks overwhelmingly in favour of imperialist aims, a caricature-style 'conspiracy' is not necessary for this to be the case, simply a system that naturally amplifies desired messages and rewards the messengers. i fear you might be trying to convince yourself otherwise in order to navigate the ethical and psychological minefield that is freelance opinion writing. that way lies jeb lund-style guardian mediocrity.

even im fully aware that hot topics in the western press are mostly pushed by state interests, and im a dingus
however i cannot forgive phil greaves for being mean to my idol, Jehu

Petrol posted:

deadken posted:

what i object to is the idea that the media only covered the boat deaths as a prelude to military action, and the fact that your guy phil here read about thousands of people dying on the mediterranean and his first thought didn't have anything to do with the victims or the kind of structures that create tragedies like this, but how media lackeys are preparing the ground for imperial domination in africa or whatever.

this is a weird objection which is tantamount to the reactionary position, that leftists only pretend to care about injustice in order to push an agenda. sort of a black mirror of the actual imperialist strategy phil was pointing to.

the 'voice' of western media speaks overwhelmingly in favour of imperialist aims, a caricature-style 'conspiracy' is not necessary for this to be the case, simply a system that naturally amplifies desired messages and rewards the messengers. i fear you might be trying to convince yourself otherwise in order to navigate the ethical and psychological minefield that is freelance opinion writing. that way lies jeb lund-style guardian mediocrity.

the funny thing to me is that it's a no-brainer to everyone that the news is a vehicle for pushing an agenda. people of all political stripes mourn the death of objective journalism (a mythic event occurring somewhere between their childhood and the dawn of time,) no one believes in the reporting of unmitigated Facts in an era of front-page celebrity opinion pieces, and yet people recoil in horror and cry conspiracy when you suggest that all this infospectacle serves the interests of the state. who the hell else could it possibly be for? an unknown cabal of somehow entirely unrelated interests? there's a real conspiracy theory!

like so many other things in the west, it's just easier for people to live with themselves and their inaction/powerlessness by leaving the only logical conclusion a hazy indistinct blank, and they'll have little baby tantrums of denial if something forces them to acknowledge the bloodstains on the carpet

srs question who in the us govt has been pushing the mike brown/trayvon martin/#blacklivesmatter brouhaha
is it any more complicated than liberals seizing a relatively cost free (to capital) means to the end of pretending to be the left side of acceptable thought and discourse? imo not really
plus they finally got the fox news model to really click for the center-left demographic with vice/gawker/etc. furthermore and finally its actually genuinely bad for cops to murder black men and boys so some people care about that

littlegreenpills posted:

srs question who in the us govt has been pushing the mike brown/trayvon martin/#blacklivesmatter brouhaha

all the media discourse around this stuff that ive seen has fallen into one of the fo9llowing categories

[account deactivated]

littlegreenpills posted:

sublimate genuine grief and anger into weak liberal platitude nonsolutions, undermining real actually existing mass action. the contorting of the narrative into an establishment-friendly framework is still going on, even possibly now at its most important stage of framing all 'acceptable' responses to the police state as tame integration into entrenched institutions:

"The city of Ferguson’s fresh start began Tuesday night ... For the first time in the town’s 120 years, this city of about 21,000, whose population is about two-thirds black, has a council evenly split between white and African-American members, plus a white mayor."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/crowds-throng-ferguson-city-hall-for-a-new-start/article_ef1d86fb-a58c-58fa-a95c-b50bbb3c3f45.html

don't forget that in all the "sympathetic" press coverage of ferguson no one ever dared to suggest that the mass revolt against cops in the city was legitimate and deserving of solidarity and support, when they even talked about it at all outside of vague narratives of "unrest"

[account deactivated]