this is a military theory text published by the chinese PLA in 1999. it's pretty fascinating stuff. also the chapter titles are good.

basically it's a critique/assessment of "high tech/information war" and related concepts, and what a state like china can do in the face of the US
oh i thought you said "unrestricted welfare" for a second i was about to cheer really loudly. whew.
lol the first chapter cites spengler and heidegger
and calls them both scrubs
hes too optimistic about the capabilities of helicopters though
whose hosting is that anyway?

On the battlefields of the future, the digitized forces may very possibly be like a great cook who is good at cooking lobsters sprinkled with butter, when faced with guerrillas who resolutely gnaw corncobs, they can only sigh in despair.

i thought this was about unrestricted warfare not tpaine's social worker visits

The wars of the future will not be fought on the battlefield or at sea. They will be fought in space, or possibly on top of a very tall mountain. In either case, most of the actual fighting will be done by small robots. And as you go forth today remember always your duty is clear: To build and maintain those robots.
- 乔良 & 王湘穗
i always knew gundam wing was too compelling not to become reality
I would have stayed in rotc if this was the type of shit we got into.
This also seems like a war nerd article waiting to be written.
this looks rad, gonna read it as soon as i can get enough away from work that my brain will no longer be chowder
lol

i, too, shall pop an adderal and dive in
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
reading now, thanks
The text in the OP is a really engaging read and not boring at all. HTH.
Almost 4,000 Saudi forces fled their border bases in anticipation of Riyadh’s order for launching a ground assault on Yemen, European diplomatic sources said on Sunday.

“The intel gathered by the western intelligence agencies showed that the Saudi military forces have fled their bases, military centers and bordering checkpoints near Yemen in groups,” diplomatic sources were quoted as saying by Iraq’s Arabic-language Nahrain Net news website.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/thousands-of-saudi-forces-flee-bases-refuse-to-participate-in-ground-assault-on-yemen-report/5445389
[account deactivated]
they're just exercising unrestricted warfare, where instead of fighting people you bomb them every so often, hack them, and starve them with economic sanctions.
n/m

Edited by orchestra_hit ()

orchestra_hit posted:

n/m

Well, I, for one, thought that speech was interesting...

"One belt, one road" is by far the best strategy China can put forward. It is a hedge strategy against the eastward move of the US. Some people will question this, believing hedging should be in the same direction—how can you hedge by going in the opposite direction? Right, "one belt, one road" is China's hedge strategy of turning its back to the US eastward shift: You push in one direction; I go in the opposite direction. Didn’t you pressure me to it? I go west, neither to avoid you nor because I am afraid, but to very cleverly defuse the pressure you gave me on the east.

“One belt, one road" is not a strategy of two parallel lines, but there should be primary and secondary focuses. Given that China's sea power is still weak, the first choice of “one belt, one road" should be to compete on land, which means "the way (sea lanes)" should be a secondary attack direction and "the belt" should be the main direction. If "the belt" has become the main direction, it means that we must re-recognize the role of the Army. Some people say that the Chinese Field Army is invincible. If they mean it within the scope of Chinese territory, yes, the Chinese Army is invincible. Who would want to set foot on Chinese territory to fight large-scale battles? The problem is, does the Chinese army have expeditionary capabilities?

Last year I talked about this issue at the Global Times forum. I said that in choosing China as its rival, America chose the wrong opponent and the wrong direction. Because in the future, the real challenge to the United States is not China; it is the United States itself, and the United States will bury itself.

---General Qiao Liang

http://www.sisci.com/ReadNews.asp?NewsID=13891
-
I really hope he's right.

orchestra_hit posted:

a recent speech by the same author (Qiao Liang): http://www.sisci.com/ReadNews.asp?NewsID=13891

this is really interesting and covers a ton of disparate very true things

I didn't like the page that the speech is on, so I uploaded a pdf that is more readable.

http://www.docdroid.net/WIVXDh4/asadsad-1.pdf.html

Edited by Themselves ()