i fixed it

Now do one where its because he got a military promotion
a kid who joined isis would have an absent dad who spends his time away from his family at the bar. what a good comic
this has to be a misquote or misprint or something it's too crazy.

ISIS captured 2,300 humvees from Mosul

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/01/isis-captured-2300-humvee-armoured-vehicles-from-iraqi-forces-in-mosul?CMP=soc_567
Lmao
i wanna see that parking lot

getfiscal posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/01/isis-captured-2300-humvee-armoured-vehicles-from-iraqi-forces-in-mosul?CMP=soc_567

iirc mosul's garrison was like 30k soldiers who just decided to fuck off in one day so it doesnt sound that insane

i once gave away a lot of hummers out back this bar in miami called mosul but i don't think it was 2,300 of them

cutie posted:

getfiscal posted:

iirc mosul's garrison was like 30k soldiers who just decided to fuck off in one day so it doesnt sound that insane

thats like one hummer for every two guys

lots of dudes drove over IED's in Humvees... nah mean?
lol no way ahahahahahahaha wow. those idiots don't really want a state. sorry for posting outside dytd

cutie posted:

getfiscal posted:

they just decided to fuck off one day

Like if u showed up for Army early Monday and there was just a piece of paper taped to the door saying FUCK OFF!! Ultimate strat
the pictures of ISIS dudes with Iraqi army trucks are really weird, iraqi and isis flags next to each other (signs of the foundations of a popular front???)

....the terrorist army may have reached a new low with a twisted new contest in which female slaves captured in war are given away as "prizes" to fighters who show the have mastered the Koran.

The shocking practice of giving away human beings as prizes, called "sibya," was organized by the Da'wa and Mosques Department in Al-Baraka province in Syria in honor of the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan and was announced June 19 on ISIS Twitter accounts, according to the Middle East Media Research Institute and the Clarion Project, two independent research institutes that track social media accounts linked to terrorist groups.

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/topic/12348/?page=10#post-252889

http://web.archive.org/web/20000304051157/www.memri.org/about.html posted:

The MEMRI Staff:

Col. (Res.) Yigal Carmon is MEMRI’s President. He served in the IDF/Intelligence Branch from 1968 to 1988. From 1977 to 1982 he was the Acting Head of Civil Administration in Judea and Samaria and the Advisor on Arab Affairs to the Civil Administration. Following Col. Carmon’s retirement from the IDF he was Advisor to Premiers Shamir and Rabin for Countering Terrorism from 1988 to 1993. In 1991 and 1992 he was a senior member of the Israeli Delegation to peace negotiations with Syria in Madrid and Washington.

Dr. Meyrav Wurmser is MEMRI’s Executive Director. She received her Ph.D. from George Washington University in Washington, D.C. where she wrote on Jabotinsky and the Revisionist Movement. She has taught at Johns Hopkins University and the United States Naval Academy. She has written numerous articles about Israel, the Arab World, and Zionism. Her article, “Can Israel Survive Post-Zionism?” was the lead article in the March 1999 issue of Middle East Quarterly.

Aaron Mannes is MEMRI’s Director of Research. In 1997, he earned an MA in Liberal Arts from St. John’s College in Annapolis, MD. His undergraduate degree, earned in 1992 from Emerson College in Boston, is a BS in Speech. He has been a stand-up comedian, an Equal Employment Opportunity Investigator, and an Associate Writer for The Hotline.

Yotam Feldner is MEMRI’s Director of Media Analysis. He was born in Kibbutz Gazit, Israel and served in the IDF in Military Intelligence where he acquired fluency in Arabic and familiarity with Arab media. He earned a BA in History and English Language and Literature from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem.

Aluma Solnick is a Research Associate with MEMRI. She was born in Jerusalem and served in the IDF in Military Intelligence. She earned a BA in Arabic Language and the History of the Middle East from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. She is presently completing her MA in Arab Language and Literature from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem.

pando stuck the war nerd behind a paywall
It keeps happening

Urbandale posted:

https://twitter.com/TheWarNerd/status/614217512809570304

War Nerd posted:

Islamic State apologists are already whining

i was thinking "who the heck are the isis apologists" then i remembered him posting that weird diss against The Left a while back. nice

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

Those Crazy Leftist Isis Apologists!!!!!

International freedom battalion posted:

The picture shows members of our unit, anarchist and communist comrades from Europe, at the end of the day, on our way back through Sülük, from where we are still making our way south, driving Daesh into the desert with our Kurdish comrades.

are they antideutsche tho? i mean you can have shit politics and do A Good but its AFA so who fuckin knows m8

Edited by Urbandale ()

Urbandale posted:

are they antideutsche tho? i mean you can have shit politics and do A Good but its AFA so who fuckin knows m8

https://www.facebook.com/pages/International-freedom-battalion/1597451687171173 beyond supporting YPG/YPJ i dont think there is a singular political line here. tbh i had to look up antideutsche, sounds a bit shite mate. i look favorably on my local antifa outfits, not really up to speed on the ins and outs of europe AFA

AFA was founded by antideutsche activists in the 80s so while its a popfront theres a strong 'woo israel boo palestine/muslims' current like there was in every 80s-90s leftist org. lots of groups outside germany and even some of the chapters inside it oppose this tho. ripples of the RAF basically.

Edited by Urbandale ()

Urbandale posted:

i lost all interest in reading any of those guys the very second a bunch of people from these forums owned them into the ground on twitter. i mean, your fact checking is shit all you have is wild theories and vitriol right? but you lose on twitter to the helldump benhc crew ohmigod i have to go sympathy T_T for you right now

yeah dolan had this weird thing accusing leftists of supporting the taliban back in 2001
pretty sure dolan always had pro-imperialist views that were just chalked up to "contrarian trolling" at the time.

there's one article where he says JFK's Alliance for Progress was about "out commieing the commies."
the exiled crew's whole shtick is a lukewarm gonzo journalism without half the wisdom or wit of hunter s. thompson, who at least had an affinity for the far left and didn't buy the stupid liberal game of "practical" politics
yeah i haven't had patience for their shit since like 2008. i basically lifted dolans taste in literature so i owe him that definitely
they might all be wankers but they write some good stuff sometimes. ames' stuff about the roots of libertarianism is top notch

stegosaurus posted:

yeah dolan had this weird thing accusing leftists of supporting the taliban back in 2001

the ISO did support the taliban though so its not too far off

dont get it twisted, hes got shit politics, but i havent really found any better author for the kinds of things he writes about
Islamic State, the hope of middle-class Wahaabis around the world and darling of way too many idiot Western Leftists,
i mean im sure there are plenty of idiot western "leftists" who think that opposing ISIS is islamophobia, and they're definitely idiots
the real question is what's his stance on syria

Petrol posted:

Those Crazy Leftist Isis Apologists!!!!!

International freedom battalion posted:The picture shows members of our unit, anarchist and communist comrades from Europe, at the end of the day, on our way back through Sülük, from where we are still making our way south, driving Daesh into the desert with our Kurdish comrades.

wow so i really could join YPG... cool!

Petrol posted:

they might all be wankers but they write some good stuff sometimes. ames' stuff about the roots of libertarianism is top notch

i like Going Postal for its analysis of the events and coverage of them, it should come up every time a "shooting" happens, but i wish he'd picked an easier claim to prove and also that he spent any time at all proving it rather than just sort of saying "white people who shoot up their offices are kind of like john brown" over and over

they all write like old amphetamine heads, where they have a full head of steam at the beginning and then by the end it just collapses into a mess. even taibbi. this could be corrected by rigorous adherence to marxist class analysis but *tosses pizza crust* whaddaya gonna do eh????

My Exiled Crew Sucks moment was seeing this article posted in Olde LF. Aside from getting everything historical & technical wrong (see comment 176), War Nerd panders to the left-liberal myth that military leadership is just stupid

he even suggests the navy switch to a fleet of small boats...like its purpose is just defending the coast and fighting pirates
tbqh the us navy switching to sea-doos would be objectively the greatest victory for jdpon
you guys should start a site where yo ujust write articles about why other articles are stupid and wrong and i will read the (your) articles. thanks in advance for the articles guy.