shriekingviolet posted:

homeless for a day is utterly flawed ignorant reductionist shit that erases the long term effects of starvation+sleep deprivation+daily abuse on the human body and mind and people invariably walk away from it with a bunch of flawed shitty assumptions, you can preface the exercise by saying that its flawed but if you do that then what's the fucking point?

i'm pretty sure whatever Nordic LARP was aware of this as well and tried hard to do better than whatever orgs run those things... but yeah

sounds a lot like trying hard to do better at hitting yourself in the face with a hammer, so more power to them i suppose
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

I'm going to beirut next week :^)

today was one of those rare days when my eyes could tolerate the sun and i hung around outside in the heat and thought to myself "wow, i guess i really could enjoy time off some place warm, for the first time i think i get it."

i hope you have a good time

[account deactivated]
just wear a pair of cool shades yo
[account deactivated]
never done any travelling more involved than a road trip

the rocky mountains are really great for roadtrips though, for what it's worth. i have a mental snapshot timeline of the glaciers receding
last night at a thing some bro was like "my campus venezuelan solidarity group has no venezuelans in it, and all the venezuelans who are around really hate us" and i think this is a good metaphor for everything
a lot of Venezuelans who come to America are from the upper and middle classes who hate the current govt so yeah. i wouldn't view it as a failing on the part of the solidarity group.
oh i know, i've had lots of encounters with the ven. emigre right wing in america, they're almost as bad as cubans in miami. but identity politics means that most americans will never go beyond a surface level analysis, and suddenly this dumb irrelevant thing is an Issue.
"lol why don't actual Venezuelans join your group" sounds like an annoying talking point to have to deal with. especially considering most Venezuelans currently in Venezuela still support Maduro by a widespread margin.
how come our BDS movement contains no orthodox jews

discipline posted:

come meet me there! I'm going to the beach and the hizballah museum

You can visit weev

http://pando.com/2014/11/21/troll-tales-catching-up-with-weev-in-beirut/

please kill weev!

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

there's a fair number of orthodox jews in jewish voices for peace iirc, it's important to remember that apart from opportunisticly religious propaganda the state of israel is a pretty secular state

HenryKrinkle posted:

a lot of Venezuelans who come to America are from the upper and middle classes who hate the current govt so yeah. i wouldn't view it as a failing on the part of the solidarity group.

in college i went on a date with a venezuelan girl who offhandedly mentioned that her family owned a "farm" which contained a village, inside of it

let me talk to her

thirdplace posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

in college i went on a date with a venezuelan girl who offhandedly mentioned that her family owned a "farm" which contained a village, inside of it

That's the plot to Animal Farm.

it takes a village to raise a bourgeois comprador family
Give me that Venezuelan girl's number, if she's looking for marriage I can set her up with a guy I know in Ontario, she'll get a green card in no time (if they do that there)
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

there's a fair number of orthodox jews in jewish voices for peace iirc, it's important to remember that apart from opportunisticly religious propaganda the state of israel is a pretty secular state

secular compared to whom

http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/05/isis-fighters-united-states/
ISIS Grudgingly Admits Half Its 71 Soldiers In US Already Married, More Than $50K In Debt

discipline posted:

the weirdest thing about arabic to me is the transliteration. there is no standard way to transliterate names and with words like achrafiyeh you're just transliterating an arabic word with french spelling because it's lebanon and was colonized by the french

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Phonetic_Alphabet

discipline said she is hotter than my ex gf in a closed thread
She is. close thread.
I have closed the thread.
any1 know where i can find some babes?

Peelzebub posted:

any1 know where i can find some babes?

Birthright trip.

so ireland allowed same sex marriage in its constitution by popular vote yesterday, with working class areas the most in favour by 80%

Edited by xipe ()

This is supposed to be a positivity megathread not a gross-out megathread!!
Close this thread till we can 100% confirm that someone's ex is hotter than discipline.