http://imgur.com/a/uitJ7
buttmad isnt a term us hemorrhoid sufferers take lightly. Please check your ass-privilege
thanks
i would feel more comfortable with adults liking shows like this or mad men if they admitted it was a stupid show that they had fun watching instead of like deep and controversial.
its good that they got mad

getfiscal posted:

i would feel more comfortable with adults liking shows like this or mad men if they admitted it was a stupid show that they had fun watching instead of like deep and controversial.

what tv shows do you think are deep getfiscal

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

what tv shows do you think are deep getfiscal

i can't think of any right now really. there are a lot of shows i find entertaining but not many that actually have intelligent things to say about anything.

It's bad to think that a TV show could ever have something to say. Instead, I look to 35 year old college students with crippling depression.

Keven posted:

It's bad to think that a TV show could ever have something to say. Instead, I look to 35 year old college students with crippling depression.

i'm not insulting your future profession. i think comedy is where most of the fun things are happening on television. i guess i should just speak for myself, and say that i should try to challenge myself more instead of just making fun of stupid faux-gritty tv like breaking bad or something.

"dudebro circlejerk". there are humans who think marysue soap-operas are mysoginistic testosterone fests
Sorry to be rude Don but please don't insult my favorite show & the one with which you share a namesake, Mad Mne
At this point, I'm pretty sure that neither D nor B is capable of having an erection without fantasizing about raping or mutilating women. Easiest way to explain the sansa plot, the jaime cersei scene, roz's death, etc.

lmbo

Keven posted:

Sorry to be rude Don but please don't insult my favorite show & the one with which you share a namesake, Mad Mne

I promise not to mention it again. Also for the record I'm neither depressed nor in college anymore.

speaking of rapists, louis ck saying on live tv "they do taste delicious but they dont taste as good as a young boy does" was hilarious. He literally did a irl nervous collar tug
Game of thrones was boring when it was following the books because the whole show was watching people explain things or watching them react to things we dont see but game of thrones post book seems bad to me, they're giving all the characters boyfriends and letting them run around cracking jokes at each other & the sansa story in particular is bad b/c her arc is from a retardo who gets her dad killed to someone who understands the limitations of her position but is able to move and have agency within that realm with the guidance of the most feminized of the male characters "little finger." & instead shes getting a bad guy boyfriend whos doing bad sex on her and they had to butch up little finger by giving him a brothel where he totally, has sex.
The one hand maiden character has a sexy boyfriend now because the actress was in a movie, that's for the win.
Why arent you in college Don I thought you were going to take classes.

Keven posted:

The one hand maiden character has a sexy boyfriend now because the actress was in a movie, that's for the win.

there were too many butts in that movie.

Prospero posted:

speaking of rapists, louis ck saying on live tv "they do taste delicious but they dont taste as good as a young boy does" was hilarious. He literally did a irl nervous collar tug

yeah i liked the jokes about child molestation.

Keven posted:

i registered for the courses and everything but then i found out my ancient student loan is in some sort of catastrophic stage where i'm not allowed to apply for new student aid (even though i always filed the right paperwork or whatever). so i have to apply for normal jobs instead. i found out though that there is a new fad here for people who have experienced mental illness to work at hospitals in small support roles where i'd like help nurses or whatever run activities for people with schizophrenia which i think i'd actually like a lot. so i applied to one job at a hospital for this and tomorrow i'm going to meet with someone about training for that sort of thing i guess (which i could either get paid or wouldn't be that expensive). it actually pays great because of unions and such so i'd probably prefer that over a lot of other things. we'll see though.

Keven posted:

The one hand maiden character has a sexy boyfriend now because the actress was in a movie,

oh shit, now those scenes make sense.

i love that the slave warriors are disciplined and somehow fiercer because they are castrated but they're not all fat, short and without muscles

getfiscal posted:

Keven posted:

i registered for the courses and everything but then i found out my ancient student loan is in some sort of catastrophic stage where i'm not allowed to apply for new student aid (even though i always filed the right paperwork or whatever). so i have to apply for normal jobs instead. i found out though that there is a new fad here for people who have experienced mental illness to work at hospitals in small support roles where i'd like help nurses or whatever run activities for people with schizophrenia which i think i'd actually like a lot. so i applied to one job at a hospital for this and tomorrow i'm going to meet with someone about training for that sort of thing i guess (which i could either get paid or wouldn't be that expensive). it actually pays great because of unions and such so i'd probably prefer that over a lot of other things. we'll see though.

that actually sounds really cool and a good way to help people, good luck

Game of Thrones is trying to be Poelvoorde's Man Bites Dog.
g.r.r martin writes six novels detailing out a vast fantasy world where all sex is rape, maybe somebody should get him an account here
yeah most television is still pure entertainment these days, although i do think shows like mad men once in a while say interesting things. the finale last night was deeply cynical imo & touched upon the way advertising and consumerism assimilate the very narratives formerly antagonistic to them. although most reviews i've seen don't quite think of it the same way so maybe i'm just reading too much into it.
also amusingly enough better call saul has a lot more to say than breaking bad ever did because it's through the artifice of dark comedy and bob odenkirk as slimy lawyer rather than faux-gritty realism
i would feel more comfortable with adults liking plays like macbeth or doctor faustus if they admitted it was a stupid play that they had fun watching instead of like deep and controversial.

aerdil posted:

also amusingly enough better call saul has a lot more to say than breaking bad ever did because it's through the artifice of dark comedy and bob odenkirk as slimy lawyer rather than faux-gritty realism

im never going to watch breaking bad. is it still worth it to watch better call saul?

aerdil posted:

i would feel more comfortable with adults liking plays like macbeth or doctor faustus if they admitted it was a stupid play that they had fun watching instead of like deep and controversial.

i instinctively turn things off when there's rape in them and i moved to close the window when it happened in game of thrones last night but iw as watching it with my boyfriend and also i thought theon was going to "snap out of it" and rescue her at the last second
theon literally has no dick
i agree with all the posts in that imgur album except the ones that call for harassment of people who make the show
what about harassing their employers/dads

getfiscal posted:

Keven posted:

i'm not insulting your future profession. i think comedy is where most of the fun things are happening on television. i guess i should just speak for myself, and say that i should try to challenge myself more instead of just making fun of stupid faux-gritty tv like breaking bad or something.

His future profession is idiotic and he should be a shamed of him self.

Keven posted:

Game of thrones was boring when it was following the books because the whole show was watching people explain things or watching them react to things we dont see but game of thrones post book seems bad to me, they're giving all the characters boyfriends and letting them run around cracking jokes at each other & the sansa story in particular is bad b/c her arc is from a retardo who gets her dad killed to someone who understands the limitations of her position but is able to move and have agency within that realm with the guidance of the most feminized of the male characters "little finger." & instead shes getting a bad guy boyfriend whos doing bad sex on her and they had to butch up little finger by giving him a brothel where he totally, has sex.

When littleFinger changed his accent from Italiano soprano to deep Evil sex boy thats when the series/.... Jumped The Stark (shark).

I Think that show should be...Canceled. It Jumped the Stark (previous post)
Agreed and agreed but in a way that implies disdain for u.
i tried watching the show when it started but it was too intense for me and it made me uncomfortable
The show is really dumb cause they have ostentatious murders that serve no other purpose other than to shock the viewers and the characters in the series respond with ok w/e I'll hatch another idiotic plot.
it is significantly embarrassing that this is the most active thread in this forum