actually the whole show is idiots plotting against idiots

getfiscal posted:

Keven posted:

Why arent you in college Don I thought you were going to take classes.

i registered for the courses and everything but then i found out my ancient student loan is in some sort of catastrophic stage where i'm not allowed to apply for new student aid (even though i always filed the right paperwork or whatever). so i have to apply for normal jobs instead. i found out though that there is a new fad here for people who have experienced mental illness to work at hospitals in small support roles where i'd like help nurses or whatever run activities for people with schizophrenia which i think i'd actually like a lot. so i applied to one job at a hospital for this and tomorrow i'm going to meet with someone about training for that sort of thing i guess (which i could either get paid or wouldn't be that expensive). it actually pays great because of unions and such so i'd probably prefer that over a lot of other things. we'll see though.

yeah I learned recently that I'm in a similar boat, which is in a way kind of great: I'm immunized against success, expelled from capital's body as a toxic agent. debt fucking owns

shriekingviolet posted:

it is significantly embarrassing that this is the most active thread in this forum

FOR PAGE TWO

let's start an intentional community in northern ontario called something like rainwild and leave these clowns wanting more.

wasted posted:

actually the whole show is idiots plotting against idiots

if their plans are so stupid then why arent you king

damn, i really thought this was gonna be the one... the tv show that finally brings us full communism via counter-cultural think-pieces

better luck with next year's hit hbo show about a hardboiled superhero from the 32nd century who has to navigate his dual loyalties towards his brotherclones and the wisecracking race of sentient neuroparasites that grant him such fantastic powers

i hear it adheres strictly to the optimal number of rapes without going overboard

getfiscal posted:

let's start an intentional community in northern ontario called something like rainwild and leave these clowns wanting more.

What is rural ontario like Getfiscal, I only have the context of my own rural petrostate vs urbanized centers and a bit of east coast communities. What is rural ontario like.

shriekingviolet posted:

it is significantly embarrassing that this is the most active thread in this forum

Actually you'll find that this forum represents a wide # of disciplines and interests within the social sciences / political and economic backgrounds etc. as well as jerk offs like c man who study garbage and need you to know about it. This means that any given topic will only interest a sub section of rhizzoners. However, we can all steal HBO. Furthermore, its significantly easier to contribute an opinion on a "safe" subject like this, anyone can pop in and let you know that Actually, they dont even Watch TV without fear of backlash. Combined, these factors mean that the topic will be very active, in large part because of how easy lazy dismissals like yours are to put here.

shriekingviolet posted:

What is rural ontario like Getfiscal, I only have the context of my own rural petrostate vs urbanized centers and a bit of east coast communities. What is rural ontario like.

the entire world is the same.

i watch tv and movies, and i enjoy them, and i even own a tv, i just can't help but wonder if my home planet has better tv, about problems that really matter, like hyperspace crystals and shit.

Keven posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

Actually you'll find that this forum represents a wide # of disciplines and interests within the social sciences / political and economic backgrounds etc. as well as jerk offs like c man who study garbage and need you to know about it. This means that any given topic will only interest a sub section of rhizzoners. However, we can all steal HBO. Furthermore, its significantly easier to contribute an opinion on a "safe" subject like this, anyone can pop in and let you know that Actually, they dont even Watch TV without fear of backlash. Combined, these factors mean that the topic will be very active, in large part because of how easy lazy dismissals like yours are to put here.

ok, sure. but how is this thread deserving of anything other than laziness???

like I'm a native DYTD resident, I can't realistically sustain an objection to inane conversation, that's fine. but I'm not going to try and justify it and make it a virtue either
do they ever smoke weed on game of thrones? like maybe there's exotic tribe, and obviously they don't call it weed, but it's like stinkherb or something and it gets you really high and most of the nobles and wizards really look down on it because maybe there's some class issue involved? except for this one wizard who totally blazes and that's how you know he's the good one and you identify with him.
there was this one really cool series about rome which was really accurate and interesting and i liked it a lot. it was super great but there was this part where the youngsters were smoking "leaves" or something and it was of course heavily implied that it was weed. romans didn't really have access to weed, it would have made a lot more sense to have them smoking opium, but for some reason the director had to have them smoke weed. it was pretty funny, thank you for reading.

the whole thing is here if you wanna watch: http://www.shush.se/index.php?showlist=rome

now that i think about it, that dmca takedown notice must have been for me posting the link to that site somewhere on this website.
what a great serial. holy shit. 10x better than game of thrones. watch it

postposting posted:

do they ever smoke weed on game of thrones? like maybe there's exotic tribe, and obviously they don't call it weed, but it's like stinkherb or something and it gets you really high and most of the nobles and wizards really look down on it because maybe there's some class issue involved? except for this one wizard who totally blazes and that's how you know he's the good one and you identify with him.

Yes

Skylark posted:

i agree with all the posts in that imgur album except the ones that call for harassment of people who make the show

Why didn't these people stop watching the show when it revealed its rape obsession in the first second of the first episode of the first season when it claimed "Based on the books by George Rape Rape Martin"

posting this link again, please watch this: http://www.shush.se/index.php?showlist=rome
 Its in the episode when there's this exotic tribe, and obviously they don't call it weed, but it's like stinkherb or something and it gets you really high and most of the nobles and wizards really look down on it because maybe there's some class issue involved? except for this one wizard who totally blazes and that's how you know he's the good one and you identify with him until he rapes someone
Anybody else watch JAG?

postposting posted:

"Smoke weed everyday~" - Daenerys Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, called Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburnt Mother of Dragons

ugh, that whole show reads like a bad fanfic of medieval europe

swampman posted:

Why didn't these people stop watching the show when it revealed its rape obsession in the first second

because they touch themselves at night

Peelzebub posted:

ugh, that whole show reads like a bad fanfic of medieval europe

its a good fanfic actually.

that's gross.
QtLrWtnR6Zs

getfiscal posted:

that's gross.

dont kinkshame

aerdil posted:

i would feel more comfortable with adults liking plays like macbeth or doctor faustus if they admitted it was a stupid play that they had fun watching instead of like deep and controversial.

for what it's worth i credit reading to changing my entire outlook on the world. not television

as a criminal defense attorney, i strongly recommend better call saul. shit is dope
as a bitch, i recommend you watch my show instead
you guys really need to get over the guy from matchbox 20
i've never watched hbo's george rr martin's "fuck and destroy" and never will
who's dick? run is dick
I like Silicon Valley, not so much this Game of Thrones
Game of Thrones last nite anyone? I'm realyl boring and don't know how to start conversations. Hey uhhh ... did you see that episode of that show with the graphic rape scene? Did you want to talk about it?... I don't have anything else to say, so I really hope we can form a connection over a shared interest in this tv show about dragons and rape, otherwise we're probably not going to get along and things will only get more uncomfortable from here on out. I won't add you on facebook, but I'll probably accept a friend request from you because it's important to me to know what Virgin Radio Lebanon image macros you're sharing in case you might be thinking of me when you share them. I'm a fake person, the ironic persona and anything new I say I like is just for show, 85% of my time is spent thinking about replaying starcraft maps from 14 years ago and I can't remember a single thing about the movie Avengers Age of Ultron that I saw with you a couple days ago.
when im not reading capital i'm pretty much getting drunk and watching retarded television shows. or swiping right on tinder. welcxome to the 21st century, take the red pill.
i dont watch anything but syndicated family guy episodes

postposting posted:

?

i remember that rome show but it's really not that different from game of thrones, just vaguely less sex, violence, and sexual violence. but not really that much less.