It wasn't even real, some guys just wrote it down and some PPL pretended to do it in exchange for money. Anyways it's basically non canon because of how out of character it was for everyone involved so as far as I'm concerned it didn't even happen in the fictional land of westeros, which is still governed by the books. In those you may note that a bunch of 14 year olds have sex and a wizard has zombie kiss powers but Sansa Stark is NOT raped.
As a reminder, I continue to maintain that I had sex with a lady and I saw her boobs during it.
good luck to reddit guys kids and other dependents

Keven posted:

As a reminder, I continue to maintain that I had sex with a lady and I saw her boobs during it.

hmm that's not how i do it

thirdplace posted:

and i answered that like a lawyer because that's my first instinct. that's a flaw of mine. the real moral of the story is if you don't see that as a rape, intuitively, through your ability to process normal human emotional cues, then your rape detection calibration is way the fuck out of balance and you probably should consider literally friction alone for, at the very least, a while

my lawyer friends said, its not rape its sexual assault, because under common law rape couldnt happen between husband and wife, just like a burglary could only happen at night. god i hate lawyers

by friction alone i set my mind in motion

thirdplace posted:

and i answered that like a lawyer because that's my first instinct. that's a flaw of mine. the real moral of the story is if you don't see that as a rape, intuitively, through your ability to process normal human emotional cues, then your rape detection calibration is way the fuck out of balance and you probably should consider literally friction alone for, at the very least, a while

wow i never thought of it like that thanks for opening my mind

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going....

Friction can act to change the wind's direction and slow it down -- keeping it from blowing as fast as the wind aloft. Actually, the difference in terrain conditions directly affects how much friction is exerted. For example, a calm ocean surface is pretty smooth, so the wind blowing over it does not move up, down, and around any features. By contrast, hills and forests force the wind to slow down and/or change direction much more.

Edited by RedMaistre ()

totally reading those bible links

thirdplace posted:

all-but-explicit threat of violence

"i mean she can say no but whe wont... because of the implication"

NoFreeWill posted:

c_man posted:

.custom281772{color:#A37A52 !important; background-color:#96DEF2 !important; }aerdil posted:could everyone itt please back off on the whole there is no free choice under the economic compulsions of capitalism thing, please? it's really triggering to me.
the dumbest shit ever is how whenever anyone says anything about whether or not "free will" is possible they always have a go at quantum mechanics and every detail about the organization of matter into people and their surroundings above the atomic level is totally ignored

also the fact that we can't predict it doesn't mean it's not deterministic.

but its probabilistic at a fundamental level, doesnt that prty soundly destroy determinism? *waves hand at bell's inequality*

on the other hand, decoherence. the point is that considering simple interactions at the smallest scale tells you very little about the range of possibility for very specific organizations of matter at intermediate scales, which are very strongly affected by fluctuations and correlations across an even broader range of scales. and many of these types of fluctuation and correlation are explicable from a mostly classical perspective, depending on the amount of detail available.

camera_obscura posted:

fuck yooooooooooooooooooo

Prospero posted:

thirdplace posted:

all-but-explicit threat of violence

"i mean she can say no but whe wont... because of the implication"

lol

Hitler posted:

.custom281804{}NoFreeWill posted:.custom281774{}c_man posted:.custom281772{color:#A37A52 !important; background-color:#96DEF2 !important; }aerdil posted:could everyone itt please back off on the whole there is no free choice under the economic compulsions of capitalism thing, please? it's really triggering to me.
the dumbest shit ever is how whenever anyone says anything about whether or not "free will" is possible they always have a go at quantum mechanics and every detail about the organization of matter into people and their surroundings above the atomic level is totally ignored

also the fact that we can't predict it doesn't mean it's not deterministic.

but its probabilistic at a fundamental level, doesnt that prty soundly destroy determinism? *waves hand at bell's inequality*

lol this summarizes exactly what i believe actually.
Bell summarized one of the least popular ways to address the theorem, superdeterminism, in a 1985 BBC Radio interview:
“There is a way to escape the inference of superluminal speeds and spooky action at a distance. But it involves absolute determinism in the universe, the complete absence of free will. Suppose the world is super-deterministic, with not just inanimate nature running on behind-the-scenes clockwork, but with our behavior, including our belief that we are free to choose to do one experiment rather than another, absolutely predetermined, including the ‘decision’ by the experimenter to carry out one set of measurements rather than another, the difficulty disappears. There is no need for a faster-than-light signal to tell particle A what measurement has been carried out on particle B, because the universe, including particle A, already ‘knows’ what that measurement, and its outcome, will be.”

apparently i'm a superdeterminist, making me even cooler and smarter.

Edited by NoFreeWill ()

thirdplace posted:

camera_obscura posted:

fuck yooooooooooooooooooo

i can only dream of how easy this would be if arya should ever experience sexual trauma

i don't actually care about game of thrones i'm just addicted to correcting people on the internet

Keven posted:

spoiler alert: it was never possible to truly rape sansa as she is a robot that hasn't been programmed to experience trauma.
real buttmad
literally buttmad?
That's my secret Cap.

I'm always buttmad.
GAME OF THRONES UPDATE: no onscreen rapes this week.
Ok now boys, and you are all boys, This is the meme thread instead. Post ya memes. I wanna see ya memes boys

all i know is that the White Walters dont rape each other or murder each other or sell each other into slavery. on the other hand they do grant everlasting life, rescue abandoned human infants from dying of hypothermia, and most likely share all property in common so clearly they must be destroyed
https://vine.co/v/Odb3bHT2VLU

Crow posted:

Ok now boys, and you are all boys, This is the meme thread instead. Post ya memes. I wanna see ya memes boys

my name IS jeff.

I thought of you.

Did someone say meme's?????
My name is Jeff and none can excel
I can open the gates to heaven or hell
Cast aside the flesh of the
Cast aside and set you free
Oh-oh Jeff, oh-oh-oh Jeff,
Can't you spare me over till another year
I lock their jaws so they can't talk,
Stiffen their legs so they can't walk
Close their eyes so they can't see
The chill you feel, it comes from me
Oh ma-ma mama come to my bed
Place a cold rag on my head
My eyes are aching and I cannot see
I feel the sheet pulling over me
my name is l g pee pee and I'm here to say
whatever that was is absolutely not gayp
found a meme

something about pork not being beef and therefore not qualifying as meat.

Edited by HenryKrinkle ()

Jon Stewart, Iraq War Critic, Runs a Program That Helps Veterans Enter TV

A five-week boot-camp-style introduction to the television industry, exclusively for military veterans, began with the host of “The Daily Show.”

Crow posted:

Jon Stewart, Iraq War Critic, Runs a Program That Helps Veterans Enter TV

A five-week boot-camp-style introduction to the television industry, exclusively for military veterans, began with the host of “The Daily Show.”

bwwwwuuuuuhhhhhh?

Steven Colbert once had Kissinger on as a guest
Yeah, they danced to Pharrell together. But his O'Reilly gimmick was the highlight of Comedy Central!
Truly, Stephen Colbert's lack of political integrity brings shame upon the entire improvisational theater community