i heard gdp per capita is now back to 2007 levels
im·prove
imˈpro͞ov/
verb
gerund or present participle: improving

make or become better.
Capitalism update: Everything is better now. Things improved and now they're good. Wrap it up marxailures.
Yes. Being a communist in America involves two things: (1) talking endlessly about failed economic models and theories as if you expect them to work next time, and (2) acting astonished that successful economies and institutions work, and insisting that they'll collapse any day now.

Even if you give up on the economics, you can still pretend that great institutions like the British Monarchy are about to collapse. I can't wait to hear more about how the commons will seize factories and then bang out policies and laws with their hammers, or whatever drivel communist kiddies believe these days.
it would be cool if everyone in the british monarchy including the baby were fed to zoo animals imo
don't they have some giant ass line of succession with like 100 people on it. seems like we'd save a lot on tiger food. go green
hi we are the british monarchy. here's a list of who to kill in what order for free on the internet. lol. our hubris
yeah everything is doing great now, nothing to worry about with san francisco tech start ups, its all gravy again, here's to a 20,000 dow!
over time the rate of profit tends to fall, op

Lykourgos posted:

I can't wait to hear more about how the commons will seize factories and then bang out policies and laws with their hammers, or whatever drivel communist kiddies believe these days.

How is this drivel?

ilmdge posted:

Lykourgos posted:

I can't wait to hear more about how the commons will seize factories and then bang out policies and laws with their hammers, or whatever drivel communist kiddies believe these days.

How is this drivel?

I fully support chiseling laws onto stone and displaying them in public or in temples, but the idea that some no-hopers are going to storm the factories and draft legal documents on a production line is hilarious. This is what american communists literally believe.

Edit: here's a helpful statistic: percentage of capable lawyers who moonlight as panel beaters: 0%

Edited by Lykourgos ()

Are you saying a tradesman cannot also be a scholar? Should a noble gentleman not indeed be capable in both the physical and mental spheres of life? Under Marxist science we know it is inevitable that one day the workers will indeed seize the quarries and sculpt the laws.

ilmdge posted:

Are you saying a tradesman cannot also be a scholar? Should a noble gentleman not indeed be capable in both the physical and mental spheres of life? Under Marxist science we know it is inevitable that one day the workers will indeed seize the quarries and sculpt the laws.

Yes, generally speaking. Socrates was allegedly a stonemason, but he didn't occupy his time beating on rocks. Philosophers can know how to perform the manual trades, they might even open up shop and work a few hours a day, but there's a limit to this sort of thing.

Why can't you just admit you were wrong?
making law would be much easier if you didn't have vast piles of capital hiring hundreds of thousands of lawyers to probe for every conceivable loophole and weakness
I wasn't. Go pound sand with the glass makers.
plus, goes without saying, but a lot of law is there only to protect those very same piles

Lykourgos posted:

I wasn't. Go pound sand with the glass makers.

You were wrong! You were wrong!!! Admit it!!

By your own admission even Socrates was a stonemason! Socrates! For fucks' sake. YOU. WERE> WRONG.
I'm losing my patiuence here right now and I apologize. I hereby swear to keep my patience from here on. In fact, I will pa tiently await the day the revolution comes so that as I personally chisel the new communist laws into stone I may add an addendum about how wrong you were.
where do u live lykourgos, pound town? why is everyone pounding
Tradesmen detected, abort sequence initiated
We'll bend you over then we'll take you to pound town
sometimes i wonder if anti-depressants might help me but i'm afraid they might turn me into a liberal
hopefully everything will go south in september when the fed increases interest rates

ilmdge posted:

Why can't you just admit you were wrong?

______________________/

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

don't they have some giant ass line of succession with like 100 people on it. seems like we'd save a lot on tiger food. go green

if you write something like that it shows you've forgotten to movie king ralph, which is sad.

swampman posted:

im·prove
imˈpro͞ov/
verb
gerund or present participle: improving

make or become better.

actually i think he might have meant "improving", as in, "to improv", short for "improvisation", verb, meaning "to make shit up as you go"

The minimum wage law was upheld in SeaTac. The system works. No need to restructure society, guys. Call the whole thing off.

Lykourgos posted:

Yes. Being a communist in America involves two things: (1) talking endlessly about failed economic models and theories as if you expect them to work next time, and (2) acting astonished that successful economies and institutions work, and insisting that they'll collapse any day now.

Even if you give up on the economics, you can still pretend that great institutions like the British Monarchy are about to collapse. I can't wait to hear more about how the commons will seize factories and then bang out policies and laws with their hammers, or whatever drivel communist kiddies believe these days.

why are you so weird

lykourgos literally the entire point of communism is so everyone can open up shop for a few hours a day as a stonemason or whatever and then socratise the rest of the time

jools posted:

lykourgos literally the entire point of communism is so everyone can open up shop for a few hours a day as a stonemason or whatever and then socratise the rest of the time

maybe in your layabout fantasies, i'm going to work 80 hour weeks in a steel mill to get those sweet medals.

getfiscal posted:

jools posted:

maybe in your layabout fantasies, i'm going to work 80 hour weeks in a steel mill to get those sweet medals.

you sure will. without commercial pressures to keep em down, awesome games like Stakhanovite Simulator and Corn the game of classical political economy will finally become a reality

i fukin hope so bro

aerdil posted:

sometimes i wonder if anti-depressants might help me but i'm afraid they might turn me into a liberal

i think i have this debate with myself every week. i mean i am already a bourgeois piece of shit in practice but at least i dissent with myself in my head every second of every day. if i take some pills then whence conscience

anti-depressants don't make you happy. they just help reduce the number of times your conversations sound like a black metal lyrics.