tpaine posted:

thirdplace posted:

tpaine posted:

i'm dead fucking serious, no one has any kind of original thought process or even the ability to synthesize the information they take in because no one is ever taught to be their own person and to create their own worldview. it's true of most people here, even. just regurgitate a bunch of sources or dismissively tell someone to read this author or that one or get all huffy and act like you aren't privy to some kind of knowledge that, of course, everyone else regards as old news. everyone everywhere is undeserving of life because you non-people don't even know how to basically live it.

what's the alternative? even if you have a thought that's original to you and your experience it's not like someone else hasn't already had it. it might be a personal failing but it might just be a consequence of livig on a planet with 6 billion people. goes without sayin but what you're saying here sure as fuck doesn't escape that

yo, let me explode your brain for a second.

you can have an original thought even if it's been thought before if you come up with it yourself, independently of the previous thinker. simultaneously using your human brain to come up with a truth is better because it's evidence that such a thing should be obvious to everyone (that communism is correct) but has been thwarted by external factors (the capitalist system we're all born into). i'm not holding people to some insane standard, just asking that they think for themselves once in a awhile. but we can't even do that, and we're making this planet unlivable for everyone, rather than just for the third world. we're too stupid to even save ourselves when the answer is right in front of us. good riddance

I hope Donald Trump literally shoots someone (me) to death in the street and then gets elected President.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
*enters from left with 120 lbs of camping equipment* whos ready for the big rhizzone meet-up?! *laugh track, act break*
You should take another hiatus tpaine
Whats the name for a hiatus but its permanent?
the current term of art is "shoah"
that is a devastatingly depressing song for a one-hit wonder to put on their failed-comeback album
Just a quick reminder that this here message board is lf, a place for friends
they always come back

*cept all those times they don't and didn't
i cant believe people are making such maudlin posts in this, the donald trump is going to be president thread

tpaine posted:

i'm dead fucking serious, no one has any kind of original thought process or even the ability to synthesize the information they take in because no one is ever taught to be their own person and to create their own worldview. it's true of most people here, even. just regurgitate a bunch of sources or dismissively tell someone to read this author or that one or get all huffy and act like you aren't privy to some kind of knowledge that, of course, everyone else regards as old news. everyone everywhere is undeserving of life because you non-people don't even know how to basically live it.

i cant believe people ar eupvoting tpaines toxic repetitive garbage lol

mods rename tpaine to Bipolar Bear
Donald Trump is going to be president
everyones a stinky poop fake ass bitch. try reading a book before talkiong about it or something wow

*reads house of leaves*

*doesn't talk about it*

Flappo posted:

I'm stoked.

You know that really perverse and messed up excited feeling that tickles your proto-funny bones, the feeling of excitation you get when you watch something horrific and awful happen, like a giant pileup on the highway, or 9/11.

That's been this whole election to me.

Flappo posted:

It's damn funny and damn true.

supporting him doesn't make you funny, however. good to keep that in mind.
Cry about it noob.
what's a noob
i told you to gas this thread and now tpaine is beyond a shadow of a doubt dead from suicide because of it.
Another victim of Trump's insane trolling and banter. There will be many more.
we need to bring back the phrase "rip roaringly funny", so i can use it to describe this thread

tpaine posted:

thirdplace posted:

tpaine posted:

what's the alternative? even if you have a thought that's original to you and your experience it's not like someone else hasn't already had it. it might be a personal failing but it might just be a consequence of livig on a planet with 6 billion people. goes without sayin but what you're saying here sure as fuck doesn't escape that

yo, let me explode your brain for a second.

you can have an original thought even if it's been thought before if you come up with it yourself, independently of the previous thinker. simultaneously using your human brain to come up with a truth is better because it's evidence that such a thing should be obvious to everyone (that communism is correct) but has been thwarted by external factors (the capitalist system we're all born into). i'm not holding people to some insane standard, just asking that they think for themselves once in a awhile. but we can't even do that, and we're making this planet unlivable for everyone, rather than just for the third world. we're too stupid to even save ourselves when the answer is right in front of us. good riddance

Oh no another leftist said something uncomfortable, to the Ostracismobile!! *Bat-Trotsky jumps into the car and drives to Mexico*
it's clear that we're just spinning our wheels, without a mass political group we can only fight the battle at work, or at school, among friends,isolated. we objectify the sufferings of others, which is wrong, and seek to be the wittiest person in the room, which is wrong, with simultaneously the best "politics", which is a delusion.
Tpaine is cool

animedad posted:

it's clear that we're just spinning our wheels, without a mass political group we can only fight the battle at work, or at school, among friends,isolated. we objectify the sufferings of others, which is wrong, and seek to be the wittiest person in the room, which is wrong, with simultaneously the best "politics", which is a delusion.

animedad has good judgment which i respect.

History has shown that going all Endlösung on thread topics doesn't actually solve any problems.
It is right to have constant internet drama on an internet forum.

RedMaistre posted:

History has shown that going all Endlösung on thread topics doesn't actually solve any problems.

That's what I was about to say, the endsolong thing... endlosong... It's like... buddy, could we not?

RedMaistre posted:

That's what I was about to say, the endsolong thing... endlosong... It's like... buddy, could we not?

RedMaistre posted:

PROBATION 01/24/16 11:55am RedMaistre Using antonomasia to maybe imply Im a nazi User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. swampman DrWhat

*standing erect on the tumbril, struggling to make himself heard amid the clamor of the crowds*

At least I believe the Shoah actually happened.
Was user Faux Shoah one of the LF gang? That was the best username ever and I want to know who it was.

animedad posted:

don't forget about the self-righteous narcissism involved in thinking you're the only person in the room who isn't a Little Eichmann.

I'm a wee eichmann. I'm thinking about applying for an internship with a bank or something.