conec posted:

it is kindof ridiculous to bring up "islamophobia" after this though lol.

why

i'm pretty proud of this journo on cnn that was inside the theatre. he's holding it together well enough to describe a mass murder that happened in front of him just a few minutes ago.
yes we're all very proud of CNN

HenryKrinkle posted:

https://twitter.com/OfficialHacksaw/status/665336088349700096

Didn't know bout that .....Mr Duggan Stay safe whereever you travel in the future

i assume when this sort of thing happens the big companies will basically buy people on the ground. like, no way did cnn happen to have an employee in that theatre, so this guy decided to auction himself off to the media company with the best offer.

camera_obscura posted:

i assume when this sort of thing happens the big companies will basically buy people on the ground. like, no way did cnn happen to have an employee in that theatre, so this guy decided to auction himself off to the media company with the best offer.

i would bet he's one of thousands of random journalists they pay per-piece & somewhere in a contract it says that cnn can refer to him on-air as whatever they want for no extra pay etc and he will get his standard per-hour reporting rate etc and is never and will never be a real employee with actual benefits or rights. this is what every giant megacorp does now. you sign over all rights, to maybe work for them, sometimes, hopefully. hopefully it's that and he isn't just an intern

[account deactivated]
i'm a cat and also did you know that oppressed global poor resort to violence only because they feel they feel that rationally they have no other options against imperialist ------ wait where are you going ok look whatever i'll just talk about being a cat take it from the top
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

drwhat posted:

camera_obscura posted:

i would bet he's one of thousands of random journalists they pay per-piece & somewhere in a contract it says that cnn can refer to him on-air as whatever they want for no extra pay etc and he will get his standard per-hour reporting rate etc and is never and will never be a real employee with actual benefits or rights. this is what every giant megacorp does now. you sign over all rights, to maybe work for them, sometimes, hopefully. hopefully it's that and he isn't just an intern

gotta have the freedom to make contracts. it's necessary.

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

"BFMTV reported that shooting at the Bataclan began an hour into the concert of a California rock group called Eagles of Death Metal."

well, other than this how was the concert?

Chaos in Paris after scheduling clash between rock concert and biannual wizard convention

littlegreenpills posted:

conec posted:

why

everything i know about france suggests that this will go as poorly as 9/11. angry conservative white people are going to do a lot of killing. uh i mean more publicly than usual and with more big explosions.
watch hollande continue an eternal fucking war .

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

This is going to be a disaster for refugees.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/calais-migrant-camp-on-fire-6830330

conec posted:

and an open fuck you to you too

fuck fuck fuck fuck.

https://www.rt.com/news/321967-calais-refugee-camp-fire/

from what I've been reading no deaths from this (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318120/Fire-rips-Calais-s-notorious-Jungle-migrant-camp-Paris-massacre-workers-deny-claims-revenge-attack.html), but pretty sure this was not an electrical fault. murders in france, a whole bunch of murders incoming in wherever this ends up getting tied to, and a whole lot of murders by proxy in the mediterranean.

Urbandale posted:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/calais-migrant-camp-on-fire-6830330

that one is primarily for redmaistre's pleasure/disgust.
i'm beginning to realize i don't seem to know how to talk to non-rhizzone posters about terrorism and why people end up being terrorists without them suspecting i am a terrorist myself. i mean they nod along sort of but it generally seems like either i needed to start way further back or they already knew they agreed with me and there's not much in the middle.

is there some well-written non-fucked piece of writing about radicalization and class and how the fucking world actually is that i can just dump on people to help them educate themselves (bonus points if it doesn't just have a bunch of stalin and sickle animated gifs. ... but maybe also bonus points if it does have those things)

i'd probably tell them to listen to the soothing monotone of grandpa chomsky's old lectures which pretty succinctly show how every governent position about terrorism is hypocritical lies. then buy them the collected works of enver hoxha and tell them there's no cheat sheet for science.
[account deactivated]
people they don't know die on another continent and everyone's calling for ethnic cleansing, mass bombing and genocide. they then profess they can't understand the motivations of people who attack innocent westerners
[account deactivated]
this article is making people mad
http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/11/13/the-age-of-despair-reaping-the-whirlwind-of-western-support-for-extremist-violence/

conec posted:

125 people were just killed but i hope that no 1 will have politically incorrect opinions about Muslims

mods?

[account deactivated]
"Napoleon said, 'In love, the only victory is flight.' In decolonization, the only victory is to leave."

-Charles De Gaulle
I think its natural and even admirable that people seek to immediately to counter Islamophobia, since fascists are certainly not going to let such opportunities go to waste.

But unless this is combined with an alternative mapping of the friend/enemy distinction in the ongoing world war, it can easily come off as mere insensibility and self-indulgent posturing.

Don't seek to deny people' anger against the takfiris. Affirm it, and integrate it into a more comprehensive anti-imperialist critique.

RedMaistre posted:

I think its natural and even admirable that people seek to immediately to counter Islamophobia, since fascists are certainly not going to let such opportunities go to waste.

ya

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

postposting posted:

*white people

FWIW, i've heard some of the areas attacked were popular gathering places for PoC.

fuck Salafi terrorism either way.