I met up with one of my HS crushes about two years ago for coffee and her parents are Venezuelan (Cardiologists) so she'll go to Caracas every couple of years to meet up with extended family. One of the topics that camd up was the ubiquitous amounts of pro-Chavista graffiti there is in the streets and how hilarious she thought it all was. "Oh yeah, they look like they're praying to a God or something, it's so fucking crazy. My family doesn't know what to do anymore."

💁
I met up with one of my HS crushes about two years ago for coffee and her parents are Venezuelan (Cardiologists) so she'll go to Caracas every couple of years to meet up with extended family. One of the topics that came up was the ubiquitous amounts of pro-Chavista graffiti there is in the streets and how hilarious she thought it all was. "Oh yeah, they look like they're praying to a God or something, it's so fucking crazy. My family doesn't know what to do anymore."

💁

COINTELBRO posted:

Anyway I hope someone is already writing "Why the Latin left failed". I kind of have some ideas why but I'm too depressed right now and don't want to think about it

It hasn't "failed" if they are still under siege by imperialist forces, the struggle is still ongoing. As it happens, I've just completed a book on this subject. You can read the manuscript if you like. A rare first look at what is sure to be a modern classic:

What's the Deal with Latin America? A comprehensive analysis by me.
page 1:
The CIA

The End.

let us not forget the real and actually existing crippling shortages of substsistence goods like toilet paper that the regime caused, by banning publication of the economist
(ominous old man voice) It begins....

RedMaistre posted:

Where's the 38th Group Army when you need it?

*Flips off Shabiha attack mode* I mean, I'm glad that President Maduro has chosen to prove wrong the slanders of the imperialist press and show the world that PSUV is, in fact, a democratic party, not a cabal of "totalitarians." This Electoral reversal will give the reds an opportunity to regroup, and the opposition a chance to discredit themselves.

G i wonder Why the poor admire Chavez
like all pliticians, he's dead on the inside.
he's honest though, and dead outwardly

our brand is crisis has that weird bald reptilian democrat.

RedMaistre posted:

This Electoral reversal will give the reds an opportunity to regroup, and the opposition a chance to discredit themselves.

he's a pervert that fought for the proletariat
TXjdyB0P_gs

getfiscal posted:

RedMaistre posted:

This Electoral reversal will give the reds an opportunity to regroup, and the opposition a chance to discredit themselves.

http://clogic.eserver.org/2005/furr.html

http://clogic.eserver.org/2005/furr2.html

I think the arc of the Sandinistas in Nicuregua is a good precedent to keep in mind at times like this.

RedMaistre posted:

I think the arc of the Sandinistas in Nicuregua is a good precedent to keep in mind at times like this.

the election in venezuela further proves that what's comeing next is truely a global rebellion
How
in that no country has been left untouched by the tentacles of imperialism
that observation is not connected to your conclusion and your conclusion is pretty vague (do you mean rev will happen in one country and domino out? do you mean revs in different countries will happen largely at the same time? do you mean we need a worldwide communist party?)

Edited by Urbandale ()

Even as Capitalist-imperialism touches everything, it has heightened ethnic, national, cultural and religious differences between and within countries, while undermining the public spaces that would have formerly hosted "classic" working class politics.

So a straight leap to world workers revolution from the present moment is not plausible.
what i'm sayin is we're all connected now
That the ongoing piecemeal world war will provoke Individual "patriotic" (or regional pan-nationalist) revolutions in strategic countries that will turn into social revolutions and cascade outward seems plausible though.

RedMaistre posted:

So a straight leap to world workers revolution from the present moment is not plausible.

how so? we're all connected now

methlabretriever posted:

how many languages do you speak?

Your Hitlerite trolling is more materialist than your "real" Trotskyite opinions, Stang.

RedMaistre posted:

That the ongoing piecemeal world war will provoke Individual "patriotic" (or regional pan-nationalist) revolutions in strategic countries that will turn into social revolutions and cascade outward seems plausible though.

all of that leads to an enormous amount of bloodshed

RedMaistre posted:

methlabretriever posted:

idk, many

getting called some excommunicated community member all the time is really shitty

methlabretriever posted:

RedMaistre posted:

Bloody was the past, bloody the present, and bloody will be the future, whatever we do or don't do.

So what's your point?

methlabretriever posted:

getting called some excommunicated community member all the time is really shitty

my apologies.

methlabretriever posted:

RedMaistre posted:

methlabretriever posted:

idk, many

How many languages does the average American speak (stop me if you have heard this one before)?

methlabretriever posted:

if by some small chance you aren't him, then perhaps you should reflect on how your posting is reminding us of that persona and make an effort to change it

RedMaistre posted:

methlabretriever posted:

RedMaistre posted:

Bloody was the past, bloody the present, and bloody will be the future, whatever we do or don't do.

RedMaistre posted:

So what's your point?

that all of that is contingent upon a divided proletariat

methlabretriever posted:

RedMaistre posted:

We've all been connected in the way you're talking about since before world war one. Where's the uniqueness here

methlabretriever posted:

RedMaistre posted:

All revolutions are bloodshed. The alternative is capitalist bloodshed. No one seems to talk about cuts on food stamps and the like as state violence for some reason

What if methlabretriever is stang's account we're supposed to be onto, sort of like a limited hang out, so we don't notice he's also posting with another account... spatial_reasoning, perhaps? Stay vigilant, all. Any one of us could be the stang and should be badgered relentlessly because of it.

aerdil posted:

if by some small chance you aren't him, then perhaps you should reflect on how your posting is reminding us of that persona and make an effort to change it

i will reflect

methlabretriever posted:

RedMaistre posted:

methlabretriever posted:

RedMaistre posted:

RedMaistre posted:

So what's your point?

that all of that is contingent upon a divided proletariat

Even if a divided working class was really the only cause of bloodshed in all of world history, you can't make the proletariat unified simply by wishing it so, since their lack of unity is based upon not only layers upon layers of unavoidable "superstructural" stuff, but also in being pitted against each other by the hierarchical global division of labor that serves as the base for the present global society.

Urbandale posted:

methlabretriever posted:

RedMaistre posted:

We've all been connected in the way you're talking about since before world war one. Where's the uniqueness here

The Innernet!!

Urbandale posted:

All revolutions are bloodshed. The alternative is capitalist bloodshed.

this is what i'm talking about. capitalist-induced wars/conflict/violence, like all nationalist and pan-nationalist movements today

Edited by methlabretriever ()

methlabretriever posted:

aerdil posted:

i will reflect

What do you do every day irl?