Along with ssh, hrm, ugh, psh and grr access.

Please stop fucking the website

stegosaurus posted:

drwhat posted:
anyway just so everyone is aware: the current code as-is contains passwords and other important stuff that shouldn't be uploaded to github. I'm going to take some time to excise that stuff and anything else sensitive, before putting it up. it will take a little bit of time because i have a real life occasionally, and i want to make sure i'm not doing anything stupid. i'll try to have it done in the next few days.
if it's django isn't that just the settings file?

maybe but there are some files just sitting around and maybe some of them also have hardcoded things like gj's secret password to one thing or another. I would just like to scour all of it before doing something stupid

Yeah good idea. I was thinking too that it might be a good idea to update django and all the other apps goey uses. That might even clear up our bad gateway issue.
[account deactivated]
is gjoey even alive anymore?
[account deactivated]
he's online on badgame right now and has like 10 posts there today
[account deactivated]
fellow shift worker slaps me rouhgly on the back "are you going out for drinks? no? its friday! ah you must have a hot date. how big re her tits??"

ehheh yeah..pretty big. hours later im exploring my sexuality on badgame. one of the darkest corners of the deep web. theres pedophiles and people who want to fuck battlesjips calling me a faggot. is this what i have become? the next day i jerk myself of while strangling myself with a pair of pantyhose and a foxtail buttplug crammed up my boypussy.
it's an SA offsite ycs where everyone has severe irony poisoning and is mentally ill
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
does anyone know if certain people are doing ok

stegosaurus posted:

I'm just thinking how we would support people to conduct independent research. Or allow people who moderate this place to justify their time.

if A Thing i'm working on pans out i might be able to wrangle some minor opportunities for funding, as honorariums for research/writers and maybe for moderators too. and would people be interested in a small run of dead tree printing for an article collection??? imagine: tHE rHizzonE magazine on a shelf next to someone's trot newspaper.

but it'll be at least a couple months before i know if our theoretical mystery benefactor will even continue to exist, the whole thing could go up in smoke.

HenryKrinkle posted:

is gjoey even alive anymore?

he's alive and well

shriekingviolet posted:

a small run of dead tree printing

i have been thinking of trying to make this happen myself and somehow fund it and whatever myself too but then i think of it would be possible to even break even ever. or get close. which isn't really the most important part, to me, but it would be nice to imagine it being even theoretically possible

i generally come to the conclusion that the best way to do it would be having a Nice Website and starting it that way with print articles going online after a month or a couple of weeks or something so print leads. and maybe printing quarterly

basically I am always cooking up weird ways to coerce some of the people in here to write more and get bigger audiences. but I'm not looking forward to the inevitable political bullshit of hey why did you print my article and not hers etc. why don't you love me. what about my article on chrono trigger music.

just kidding, I would never not print an article on chrono trigger music

ilmdge posted:

Finally, my time to shine: 5150 is a 72 hour psychiatric hold. They take you to a psychiatric facility and you gotta sit in the crazy house there with all the other people for 3 days.

he probably saw a police officer on the street and said he wanted to kill either himself or someone else.

drwhat posted:

i have been thinking of trying to make this happen myself and somehow fund it and whatever myself too but then i think of it would be possible to even break even ever. or get close. which isn't really the most important part, to me, but it would be nice to imagine it being even theoretically possible

the way these funding structures often work is that a sizable portion of the grant money will be earmarked for the full cost of printing/distributing the work, possibly with the granting org keeping the proceeds of any sales (most likely feeding them right back in to granting,) because we all know it would never break even in a million years.

should it by some miracle become a runaway success capable of any measure of self-sufficiency the funding relationship would probably shift to increasing publication quality and paying contributors/editors in a more stable capacity, like moving to contract work instead of honorariums etc.

gyrofry posted:

does anyone know if certain people are doing ok

I've been wondering about this. A couple people I thought would know, did not. If anyone can confirm that everyone is alive and in a safe place, it would really take a weight off me. At the same time we should assume that people have more concrete support networks beside tHE r H i z z o n E for any real, risky political activity.

let's get serious, assume everyone is dead and keep doing your thing
ah, the mystery of bad gateway, solved

#restart brokenass server
*/30 * * * * ($HOME/webapps/django/apache2/bin/restart)

(for non nerds, that is an entry for a scheduling system used on servers, and it says "every 30 minutes past the hour, restart the web server")

that doesnt really make sense though isnt a restart like, instant

stegosaurus posted:

that doesnt really make sense though isnt a restart like, instant

it has to wait for each of its child processes to finish and then reload everything and since it's probably also got python resident it might take a while. it depends on config stuff. i am sure there's some reason joey is doing that but idk

edit: it's fun quoting stego because it's like christmasposting

havent been paying attention to the forums the past weekend while i was being white and driving subarus in portland, that whole crabby apples thing is pretty fucked up and completely unsurprising from that section of the creepy self-righteous hipster bourgeois pseudo-left

drwhat posted:

(for non nerds, that is an entry for a scheduling system used on servers, and it says "every 30 minutes past the hour, restart the web server")

isn't that the patchwork fix that was put in on purpose, as a solution, because bad gateways were happening anyway (when people checked tpaines rep page) and then the site would be down forever, but by restarting every half hour the site would always come back

ilmdge posted:

drwhat posted:

isn't that the patchwork fix that was put in on purpose, as a solution, because bad gateways were happening anyway (when people checked tpaines rep page) and then the site would be down forever, but by restarting every half hour the site would always come back

yes

yah thought so. joey couldnt identify what was causing it so put that in to keep the zzone coming back online. it was later found trhat tpaines rep page does cause it but i think some other stuff probably does too so i dont know if fixing the rep pages alone would stop the bad gateways
oh, ok. that makes sense. we will cook up some solution
Posters to recruit Radium Germanjoey
delete the rep page imo.
- infrateal
- badcrumble
- mistersix
- bippy
Post with honor.

stegosaurus posted:

delete the rep page imo.

this is really sensible. i would also be in favour of deleting rep entirely but i'm ok with leaving it alone

Mistersix was badass
what is communism
serious business
Reps the only reason to post on this we b forum