well, im going to go ahead and get started with some research. first step, googling how to buy the bones of dead children.
first you buy a plane ticket to syria
probably cheaper and safer to root around in the closets of some british tv personalities and politicians
Or you could ask a police to make you some
You should just have a room that is a museum of the achievements of Stalin. Just a nice little informative display about the great comrade Stalin. Nothing negative, nothing provocative beside the simple celebration of a wonderful lifetime of a special guy. That would be easy and also, televisable. You can rotate out various ex-enemies of the Nazi state as you like.
Or i guess if you want to keep your position as keyholder and curator and alive person you should just go with the dead kid's bones idea

xipe posted:

can new people register, is there an admin to set them up?

Lol, the entire forum went silent for like 3 days after you asked this question

swampman posted:

You should just have a room that is a museum of the achievements of Stalin. Just a nice little informative display about the great comrade Stalin. Nothing negative, nothing provocative beside the simple celebration of a wonderful lifetime of a special guy. That would be easy and also, televisable. You can rotate out various ex-enemies of the Nazi state as you like.

I moved into an apartment with 12 ft high walls, and there's a 8'x12' blank section of wall across from the front door. So the question is how large a portrait of Stalin can you put in your home before normies turn around and walk out when they see it.

Soviet_Salami posted:

swampman posted:

I moved into an apartment with 12 ft high walls, and there's a 8'x12' blank section of wall across from the front door. So the question is how large a portrait of Stalin can you put in your home before normies turn around and walk out when they see it.

just put a tasteful portrait of obama above your tv like they do in the dprk

can we go an entire "Let's get serious" thread without ilmdge talking about how we should bone kids??

ilmdge posted:

remember that book of bones, it was like obama's peace prize speech alongside bone pictures.

how about somethng liek that, but it's kids bones. just an idea.

i have that book lol, they sent it out for free

yeah i got it too, thanks to a hot tip from the 'dip
i didn't get this book so i'll thank you to stop bragging about it
[account deactivated]

Gibbonstrength posted:

The mysterious bro we are communist admin...I wonder who it could be...

i occasionally try to remember which fb people posted on what forum but i cant place anyone but getfiscal and prikyl

ilmdge posted:

well, im going to go ahead and get started with some research. first step, googling how to buy the bones of dead children.

littlegreenpills posted:

first you buy a plane ticket to syria

chickeon posted:

probably cheaper and safer to root around in the closets of some british tv personalities and politicians

MarxUltor posted:

Or you could ask a police to make you some

i love you all

Please edit the forums code so I can embed youtube videos even if the url starts with https. Thanks in advance.
i made some progress last night getting the code into a state where it can be run in a development state, locally. 100% of the packages we're using have had new versions released in the past 5 years, so it's entirely possible we can make a lot of improvements just by upgrading some things.

slow progress...
try looking to lowtax for inspiration
there's a magazine called Inspire you should check that out

ilmdge posted:

Please edit the forums code so I can embed youtube videos even if the url starts with https. Thanks in advance.

just use 'youtube' tags with the video ID

[youtube]pR0SCOj57sY[/youtube]

pR0SCOj57sY
rather than do something weird like isolate the video ID i can just delete the 's' and i shall do that until the s is allowed.
[account deactivated]
I just wanted to say, as a person with only a bit of qbasic in high school, I appreciate you folks working on improving the site. thanks
[account deactivated]
things are getting serious
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i don't know why i stopped listening to enon, they're incredible
this and i think Rubber Car were on a free sampler disc i picked up at a local record chain in high school, also i remember it had Neon Tom by Gwenmars which has aged badly but is still okay

ilmdge posted:

rather than do something weird like isolate the video ID i can just delete the 's' and i shall do that until the s is allowed.

the other advantage of this method is changing the start time

[youtube]pR0SCOj57sY&start=185[/youtube]

pR0SCOj57sY&start;=185
all i know of sparks is the 2008 one tpaine. but i remember liking it okay
[account deactivated]
I'm a nobody but I can make the wiki.
[account deactivated]

Mobzy posted:

I'm a nobody but I can make the wiki.

okay that's cool. we'll be counting on you.

Irl project proposal: The American Museum of Stalin

1. Objective
As we all know, Stalin did nothing wrong, and in fact was a remarkable leader of people and a responsible practitioner of Marxism-Leninism. As such, they deserve a prominent shrine where the learned can pay respect and the curious can be educated. Because it is not always safe to speak freely about the accomplishments of Stalin in this day and age, it is important to establish this in an area renowned for free speech - the brooklyn neighborhood of New york city.

2. Location
"Wouldn't it be difficult and wildly expensive," you inquire, helpless under my authorial control, "to obtain a storefront space in a gentrifying and reactionary city?" Sometimes, yes. However, there are many very small units, even in high traffic areas, that are left vacant for a long time while the landlord waits for the possibility of a higher rent. (Do you rent your space for $3000 a month increasing 2% a year starting now, or $4000 a month increasing 2% a year starting two years from now? $131,396.65 is in favor of leaving the place vacant.) This is why we have "pop up shops." If a business can be opened with virtually no construction, no permits, a horrible little lease that slams shut and vanishes in a cloud of bedbug farts at exactly midnight, and a few other trivial restrictions, then it can exist in high-demand locations.

We also have someone with us who holds a lease to another business, which can be used to show that we are responsible, practiced tenants.

3. Cost
The cost of a pop up Museum of Stalin might be as follows.
Rent - $1000 / month for 6 months, plus a security deposit. We could circumvent deposits by paying the whole term or a large part in advance.
Utilities - $200 / month for 6 months
Insurance - Commercial liability insurance might be as much as $1000
Construction - $3000 including painters, security cameras
Payroll - (5 hrs / day)($30 / hr)(180 days) = $27000 for two guides
Inventory - Varies wildey

About $45,000 overall.

To staff the Museum, we would probably want two people on hand. We could probably hire a Stalin impersonator for trivial effort and at the same rate as a regular employee.

I am not sure what the "inventory" would be. The cheapest option might be a bookstore that contains tHE r H i z z o n E approved literature only. To stock the complete works of Grover Furr, we might actually contact him and arrange for a printing so that we can have a few hundred volumes each of Khrushchev Lied and Blood Lies on hand.

4. Paying for that shit
We would take donations, and if we do a good job, we might actually recover some money this way

Credit cards

Your dad

Other??

I was thinking that each of us with actual jobs could chip in $5000 apiece. Then, we would only need to raise about $30,000.

A certain part would be raised by selling Stalin shirts and hats, books about Stalin, and so on. On the other hand, who knows if we would even sell one thing, probably not right?! Who knows

5. Approach
This would not be a hostile or confrontational project, but one that seeks to educate the public about the life of Stalin in a positive and informative way. Of course, some of history's great liars will deserve some slander, but the mission should mainly be to talk about the achievements of Stalin, sell Stalin themed merchandise or whatever, and refer disagreeable people to appropriate reading material.

6. Consequences
As I see it, this kind of project can elicit anything from an inaudible cultural sigh to assassination, and should be prepared for either.

First, we'd want a provision in the lease giving us the ability to shut the doors and walk away, an important step if nobody gives a shit or if there are bomb threats.

Security cameras are wonderful, so easy to use these days, and very necessary. I also think two people should always be on hand in case of maniacs.

Employees should NOT be interested in arguing in favor of Stalin but should have a list of recommend reading for any particular topic. It would be very cheap to have tea available for visitors to enjoy as they think about what Stalin must have been like, his beautiful mustache and fatherly arms with like, huge, uh, bulgey, umm.... Totally fun to have a Stalin erotica section

It would also be pleasant to have some incredibly self-assured press releases that continually snicker at Empire's pratfalls in their efforts to subdue our God given mission

Here endeth the post

Edited by swampman ()

It's the kind of project that I would do if I could find like 2 people whose opinion was, Yes, I desperately need to do this with my life, how can I be your disgusting subservient minion in this quest, or if there were like 5 tHE r H i z z o n E posters in NYC willing to commit some time each week, or if there were 113 people across the country aligning their psychic energy to help me smoke more weed and thus achieve even great levels of things
An alternative is to go down the whole enemies list, and spend a couple weeks each on Stalin, on Mugabe, Kim il-Sung, Allende, Castro, and so forth, that would be vastly more expensive, so we're gonna have to get ahold of like, dinosaur rex or something
do you reckon any of the stalin societies would donate/lend paintings, posters, memorabilia, busts, documents etc for a travelling exhibition?

http://www.stalinsociety.org/
https://internationalstalinsociety.wordpress.com/about/