I'm sorry the old tears can't come to the phone right now... why? oh because she's dead.

Edited by tears ()

Lmao
Vinnie Paz lmao
i found a video of tpaine after he saw this thread
THAT'S A LOT OF RAP
HE JUST LEFT.... WITH RAP!
[account deactivated]
thank you op i just watched all those videos. not,
but it did take like 5 minutes for this thread to load

aerdil posted:

thank you op i just watched all those videos. not,

pls get back to me once you have to discuss how good hip-hop music is. other incorrect opinions on hiphop not needed tia

[account deactivated]
can we please disable youtube embedding on this site?

Ufuk_Surekli posted:

Tears, please check this out, I think you'll really like it even though it's in a different language (watching the vid will help you get an idea what's going on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eakiePMbIBU

Damn that is sweet, thanks

suck it slow internet havers not enjoying the superfast broadband rolled out and paid for through imperialist superprofits ripped from the third world
in before tpaine
[account deactivated]
Bambu is an LA rapper and organizer with a solid org and his videos are great. Also he's a Maoist and talks about organizing with gang members from his community.

http://youtu.be/0pnSpUbOyLI
http://youtu.be/s8KXGapAfBI

I also recommend Killer Mike, Cheif Keef, Odessa Kane, Lupe Fiasco, Kendrick Lamar, Brother Ali, and The Coup.

Edited by Urbandale ()

[account deactivated]
Denmark Vessey lowkey extremely good, a ton of other rappers rep him but he hasn't picked up much major success yet. Don't Smoke K2 is a sweet track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jc5twbQcH0
thank you OP. i have tried recommending dead prez here before but everyone made fun of me
IWsUZT1YHno
lmfao someone is trying to get people to listen to immortal technique in the motherfucking year 2016

thats some brutal shit lol
tpaine generally has bad taste in music but i never expected someone to bring up brother ali again outside of an actual lf thread haha thats a whole other level
hail and well met, fellow kids! have you heard of this gentleman, "iced cubes?" he's just okay actually, you may want to check out an emcee of greater revolutionary correctness. i'll make you a mix, get at me if you don't "grok" all the street lingo and marxist terms at first! get rappin with it!

Petrol posted:

thank you OP. i have tried recommending dead prez here before but everyone made fun of me

That is actually p depressing; turns out that the 'zone does have some strong reactionary elements when related to offhand smug dismisal of music it deems dumb putting gut feeling, "personal taste" and individualism above actual marxist analysis of what this sort of music is, who it appeals to, who are creating whatching and sharing music like this as well as understanding the nead to sort the wheat out from the chaff so to speak. A blind spot of actual anti-communist reaction imo.

Glad there are actually some poeple who like good propaganda itt

"good propaganda" generally elicits a response other than universal dismissive laughter, iirc

"marxist analysis of what this sort of music is, who it appeals to, who are creating whatching and sharing music like this"

bad, white liberals, and marginal dumbasses, respectively
Cool terrible opinions, really bad ones, offhand dismissal, poor attenpts at "jokes", racism, and disgusting disparagement of a huge swath of the poor oppressed majority who like, talk about and share hip hop music all the time as well as actually making it.

Your opinions are like some next level white grandpa shit
There's lots of political lessons to be learned from rap without listening to terrible shit dead prez or oh my god the coup

tears posted:

Cool terrible opinions, really bad ones, offhand dismissal, poor attenpts at "jokes", racism, and disgusting disparagement of a huge swath of the poor oppressed majority who like, talk about and share hip hop music all the time as well as actually making it.

lol i love lots of rap music you tryhard moron, none of the poor oppressed majority listen to the garbage you posted in the OP and you would be laughed out of pretty much any room that wasn't filled with white college kids if you suggested listening to any of it

fucking brother ali lol, i can't get over it

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

There's lots of political lessons to be learned from rap

all kinds of rap yes

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

without listening to terrible shit dead prez

im not doing this again

rhizzone reference in this track? what could it mean?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNbv4TDZyg0&t=2m59s

acephalousuniverse posted:

lol i love lots of rap music you tryhard moron, none of the poor oppressed majority listen to the garbage you posted in the OP

i love lots of rap music, the proper stuff, like the poor and blacks listen to, or so i am told,

Lol
I like what I like but I'm p sure that guy called me racist for not liking bad embarrassing Leninist rap because he is rly invested in believing Authentic people IRL listen to it, which is patently false if you ever leave your bedroom
ive said it once and ill say it a thousand times: whenever music is discussed on the rhizzone, we all lose

tears posted:

this is true but can we all agree, for once and for all, that Cher is the greatest artist ever? she combines the masculine and feminine forces and demands us to be stronger. what could be more Marxist?

who was the rhizzoner who was really mad at rap all the time? my .xls is out of date
All the new posters are extremely basic & call you a bad Marxist when you explain that they are basic.
the so-called tastemakers of the rap thread like Future and Tommy Wright and Dj Screw because they're so keeeewl so I wouldn't worry about it too much tears
Wait who likes future lol
Shameful if true