[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

i think only dr dj cat and "EmanuelaBrolandi, thirdplace, Keven, c_man" can free ppl from psych ward

this is true, and is called "the separation of powers"

i guess because i have Powers and i use them sometimes to free people from ifap i will be clear in that i think almost every ifapping is unnecessary and i am 100% against things that get in the way of posting. the freedom to post "bad" posts and occasionally finding diamonds in the sewagestream is the only thing this forum has ever had to keep its fat-marbled weak old heart still beating and imo trying to stop it will kill us

so because i will almost always free anyone i wish people didn't get ifapped in the first place because it's such a stupid thing. also probated from funny threads. etc
probations don't matter because they automatically expire after 12 hours or w/e and the concept behind swampmans debate thread basically seemed to be to prvide a thread for the rhizzone to talk about the debate but for everyone to get probated for doing it. worked as intended

i agree with you about ifap but i tihnk ifap has been breaking down in two ways and part of that is on the punished persons side. a lot of times they just say "oh i got bannd" and fuck off, but it's not actually a ban. on the other side of the coin the wardens shoudl tell them the time served/good behavior required to get out but they never do.

finally gotta respect the people that are mods and if swampman ifaps bf thats his option as moderator untli a new mod is appointed. if we're honest, bf was only posting here to try to get payback via shitty trolls in revenge for perceived slights that went down when crazy jeffery was posting their email exchanges

drwhat posted:

i wish people didn't get ifapped in the first place because it's such a stupid thing. also probated from funny threads. etc

I don't mind thread probations as much because it is only a 24 hour hiatus and some posters need to take their manic breakdowns away from their computer. I do think ifap sentences that last for months is detrimental to a forum and sends a bad message to users who already hold marginalized views.

I would ordinarily never send anyone to ifap or enable thread monitors to hand out probations, but tHE r H i z z o n E is currently in a extreme state of emergency and we need to have some exceptions to the normal, like, rules that actually work and people actually want them

swampman posted:

I would ordinarily never send anyone to ifap or enable thread monitors to hand out probations, but tHE r H i z z o n E is currently in a extreme state of emergency and we need to have some exceptions to the normal, like, rules that actually work and people actually want them

this word salad is mildly funny but i actually meant my post

basically i guess my question to everyone is does ifap really need to exist? its only useful purpose is basically to contain a mustang-type schizo obsessive poster who feels like they need to always post even when no one is reading. we eliminated mustang(s), so now what's the point of it other than to irritate people for a while?

i would definitely prefer probations that automatically expire than some kind of manual ifap crap, personally
if people are sending people to ifap with the intent that they'll be let out after some amount of time they should be probating them anyway. having a way to deal with actually disruptive people is good. instead it should probably be easier for moderators to actually probate people instead of whatever roundabout nonsense we have with thread monitors etc
i think ifap wd be good if ppl actually enforced the assignment completion policy
once we have achieved a mustangless posting society, the ifap will wither away.
yeah, i feel that the forum has evolved enough that people desire to do effortposts of their own volition, rather than requiring force to do then. limited time probations work fine. the only reason for ifap could possibly be to allow particularly troublesome posters a final chance to explain or rectify their behaviour before being banned. say, a week's notice, with a pm sent to them so they know. i know that most people won't bother, but i've always liked giving people a chance to pontificate on the executioner's block.