[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

try to elbow trump into antagonizing russia like america's pituitary gland says to, oh well

cars posted:

nah i think maybe one person on this entire forum predicted hillary clinton would win, once

well yeah, but we have the science of marxism, which might as well be a crystal ball.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

there's a pretty mainstream explanation that conspiracy theories are our way of dealing with shocking events, upheavals of how we think the world is and should be ordered. some rando with a rifle couldn't take out JFK, a handful of terrorists couldn't destroy the WTC, one man couldn't just walk in and kill a bunch of schoolchildren, therefore these are deeper events, planned by dark and vast forces for their own ends. everyone all convinced themselves that hillary clinton was going to win. everybody not in the insane right knew that she was going to win, everyone from the hillary campaign to all the pollsters to the autism ghouls at 538 and Vox all the way to Chapo and Rhizzone. but she didn't. there is a reasonable explanation that she didn't, which revolves around the democrats cheating to push through a hated, NAFTA-boosting beltway candidate who didn't visit the rust belt, against an economic populist railing against globalized markets. but that requires a lot of personal blame and re-evaluation, and it presumes that the world is not ordered the way one thinks - and more importantly, it directs blame at all the dickless cloud-readers who assured us that all was well. of course they want to suppress that, and who will stand up for Russia?

I will

revenge for the whole birth certificate biz
it's cool that on Snowden the entire liberal media commentariat has turned into khamsek on the day the bodega was sold out of those giant $9 bags of tobacco
i wanted to post that huge twitter thing where that Futurist dude melted down as one of my famous longcat thread ruiners but the screen capture burnt down every image hosting site i know. who's responsible for this... you guessed it... Russia.
Russia is bad
the thing that's been fun about this is that clinton type liberals when removed from direct reference to guiding lights online or in the media have little hope of putting together a coherent argument since their entire repertoire is arguments from authority and references to fantasy literature. so in person its just been fun to Just Asking Questions and see where that goes, the outcome being that i've grown 1000x stronger and more handsome.
Interesting troll. However, the basic fact remains: Russia is bad.
le
Stop trolling.
and start scrolling. through this and other great threads here at the rhizzone that will make great jacobin articles months later in 20/20 hindsight
it would be cool to go to russia so you can never even think about being involved in american politics ever again. save the effort
as long as you pretend to be a canadian lol
my advice for u.s. people traveling to russia is that i went there in the mid-2000s to visit someone from the city and i guess i looked like a young moscow man? ebcause people from outside the city kept coming up to me to ask for directions and i phonetically learned how to tell them "i don't speak russian very well i'm sorry" like brian on Family Guy. then halfway through i shaved my head and suddenly everyone gave me three seats' worth of space on the metro, it is a mystery.gif.

it would be cool to go to russia so you can never even think about being involved in american politics ever again. save the effort

or you could just post on rhizzone from the comfort of your own parents basement

Everybody could see Hillary Clinton was cooked in Iowa. So when, a week-and-a-half out, the Service Employees International Union started hearing anxiety out of Michigan, union officials decided to reroute their volunteers, giving a desperate team on the ground around Detroit some hope.

They started prepping meals and organizing hotel rooms.

SEIU — which had wanted to go to Michigan from the beginning, but been ordered not to — dialed Clinton’s top campaign aides to tell them about the new plan. According to several people familiar with the call, Brooklyn was furious.

Turn that bus around, the Clinton team ordered SEIU. Those volunteers needed to stay in Iowa to fool Donald Trump into competing there, not drive to Michigan, where the Democrat’s models projected a 5-point win through the morning of Election Day.

Michigan organizers were shocked. It was the latest case of Brooklyn ignoring on-the-ground intel and pleas for help in a race that they felt slipping away at the end.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/michigan-hillary-clinton-trump-232547

hahahahaha
one thing i haven't really seen discussed is that hillary more or less tried to do the same strategy obama used in 2008: get a lot of celebrity backing, do a lot of media appearances where you do the hip trends and have internet fanboys and watch me nae nae and do the dab. problem is that obama had charisma and was a fairly cool black guy. hillary is a youtube of your grandma doing the macarena
also obama had a bunch more offices and paid staff in all those states
Obama had ground game & a consistent message & other than the usual democrat celebs I don't remember him turning into a huge thirsty pop media whore till after he was elected.

Keven posted:

Obama had ground game & a consistent message & other than the usual democrat celebs I don't remember him turning into a huge thirsty pop media whore till after he was elected.

well then you remember wrong

It's nice to know that there is actually a limit to human corruption, even if it's dilineated by human incompetence

one thing i haven't really seen discussed is that hillary more or less tried to do the same strategy obama used in 2008: get a lot of celebrity backing,

even there obama had a better understanding of the term celebrity

he had oprah and bruce springsteen while clinton had lady gaga and lena dunham

So how exactly did Russia hack the election? Well, it didn’t. It hacked us—the voters.

Why screw around with inefficient, resource-intensive brute force hacks on voting machines to flip ballots when you can simply convince voters to do it for you? In other words, by targeting voters’ decision-making processes instead of the machines that record their decisions, Russia could influence the election without breaking into a single electoral computer.

Ah.,
the defense raised by the democrats back closer to the conventions was "what got leaked is just how the sausage gets made in every campaign." and what was clear to me is that it wasnt even oh the clinton campaign did particularly bad stuff and so now we dont like clinton, it was that there was no way clinton could reposition herself in 2016 to overcome two different populists in any environment other than democratic party activists so continued news coverage of her vigorously opposing sanders that extended past sanders's concession hurt her all by itself no matter what the content or context for it.
[account deactivated]
its half way between supaman and the stanky leg

cars posted:

the defense raised by the democrats back closer to the conventions was "what got leaked is just how the sausage gets made in every campaign." and what was clear to me is that it wasnt even oh the clinton campaign did particularly bad stuff and so now we dont like clinton, it was that there was no way clinton could reposition herself in 2016 to overcome two different populists in any environment other than democratic party activists so continued news coverage of her vigorously opposing sanders that extended past sanders's concession hurt her all by itself no matter what the content or context for it.

gonna need more fullstops on this bad boy. Mods?

[account deactivated]
The stanky leg has long since been debunked. Please ignore this troll.
[account deactivated]
what was once debunked persists in new formats. what was once abuela clinton will rise again in new shapes and hues of faded beige. Until then, w'ere gonna dance this one out *awkardlythrows a gang sign*

here's a really good explanation.

Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

cars posted:

gonna need more fullstops on this bad boy. Mods?

im just saying it was not the bad things that clinton's campaign did in the emails that pissed people off so much. i think most people who pay attention to those sorts of stories are cynics anyway about how campaigns are run. what mattered more was that as long as the leaks were in the news, clinton was running against two populist candidates instead of one, even though one of the candidates had already conceded and endorsed her.

cars posted:

i have been in three states over the last week sitting in taxis and i think i saw more jill stein yard signs than clinton yard signs because i saw two jill stein signs.

Posted Nov 4th Lol.