i thought it was pretty good, goat held his ground well. i'm still voting for tpaine though
One thing that was interesting was how "fact checking" has, as predicted, become just another partisan cudgel. Trump is lying!! He DID support the war, they cry. Then trump says his support was an offhanded "I guess" on Stern and he argued against it on tv afterward, and it turns out he's right. He lies all the time, they don't need to make shit up but they're desperate to drag him down into the same pro Iraq muck they're all complicit in

e: i'm wrong

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

heres some fact checking. hillary said that it wasn't their fault for leaving iraq because the timetable was agreed to by Bush and the iraqis wouldn't support a thing that would Protect Our Troops so they had to leave. this is, broadly speaking, not false. it's also a tri-layered owl pellet wedding cake of horrors

1. the obama adminsitration, including hillary, was trying to stay there longer, but failed, then spun it as a win.
2. it failed because the iraqis wouldn't support a thing that would protect the troops from INDEPENDENT CRIMINAL PROSECUTION
3. they didn't budge on this largely because Manning's leak had recently demonstrated that Troops murdered a family and then called in an airstrike to cover it up, which was then covered up by high command

fuck this lady. she's so balls-deep in her own imperialist excuses i doubt she even knows she's full of shit anymore
Le

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

One thing that was interesting was how "fact checking" has, as predicted, become just another partisan cudgel. Trump is lying!! He DID support the war, they cry. Then trump says his support was an offended "I guess" on Stern and he argued against it on tv afterward, and it turns out he's right. He lies all the time, they don't need to make shit up but they're desperate to drag him down into the same pro Iraq muck they're all complicit in

Right, 'facts' like 'fuck yeah science' are just secular religions for nerds (the sense that everyone is a nerd who constitutes their identity around a network of commodities), liberals in particular get political meaning from being smug so of course 'reality has a well known liberal bias' becomes their mantra.

some dumb guy is really rich and has rich friends or maybe he isnt and boring grandma wants to murder a fucking lot of muslims and flood the streets with spooks.

the winner of the debate was "stop paying attention and don't vote"

dipshit420 posted:

Le

This.

One thing that was interesting was how "fact checking" has, as predicted, become just another partisan cudgel. Trump is lying!! He DID support the war, they cry. Then trump says his support was an offhanded "I guess" on Stern and he argued against it on tv afterward, and it turns out he's right.

What

i think it was cool how hillary managed to trick domald into saying that he doesn't pay taxes and didn't hammer him on that point at all because she needed to get to the next memorized talking point

ilmdge posted:

One thing that was interesting was how "fact checking" has, as predicted, become just another partisan cudgel. Trump is lying!! He DID support the war, they cry. Then trump says his support was an offhanded "I guess" on Stern and he argued against it on tv afterward, and it turns out he's right.

What

ya

I dont think so Tim.

gay_swimmer posted:

i think it was cool how hillary managed to trick domald into saying that he doesn't pay taxes and didn't hammer him on that point at all because she needed to get to the next memorized talking point

trumps blithering on about how rich he is was weird

dipshit420 posted:

Le

Cornholio?

can't all those suffering from 2003-era hawk remorse just say "I wasn't aware you couldn't trust the State Dept further than you can throw it" or something face savingly attacky
maybe the way I hate seeing Trump try to pass himself off as some kind of dove shows that i'm the kind of liberal Huey is talking about, too preoccupied with being Right And What That Says About The Kind Of Person I Am to just enjoy seeing substantive supporters of Iraq squirm. or maybe it just means i have clear memories of george bush making "anti-nation-building" a central theme of his 2000 campaign + watched obama be the same old same old despite actually having a semi-anti-war base of support and having had put at least a little skin in the game when it actually mattered and therefore think any pacificistic rhetoric from an american politician should be treated as utterly meaningless bullshit absent really good reasons, reasons which are clearly absent in this particular case. Probably, It's Both

gay_swimmer posted:

I was surprised Trump didn't run with that. They said they didn't pay taxes "because I'm smart." Trump could have kept going and said, "Just like any successful business leader, I have lawyers and accountants whose job it is to save me money, and they tell me what I need to pay. If there's a loophole, businesses are going to use it. That's how business works. It's the job of the IRS and the government to make sure there aren't loopholes. My opponent could have done this a long time ago. You can't blame someone running a business for using a loophole. You should blame politicians for making it in the first place and failing to close it once it gets exploited."

what tard ifapped babyfinland. come at me
goat ,. trump was citing private and probably nonexistent phone conversations as proof he was against the war. thats unverifiable bs
whoever it was, can they ifap goat next?

ilmdge posted:

goat ,. trump was citing private and probably nonexistent phone conversations as proof he was against the war. thats unverifiable bs

no he was talking about how he was on hannity's show

c_man posted:

whoever it was, can they ifap goat next?

you fuckman

boniface whimpers liberally

He described America as a third-world country, an assertion rejected by almost any measure of prosperity you can cite. He again asserted that African-Americans and Hispanics are "living in hell," which – America's treatment of minorities notwithstanding – might be news to many of them.

ilmdge posted:

no he was talking about how he was on hannity's show

also, there's an audio recording of those phone calls and he doesn't even mention iraq
oh. im wrong.

He described America as a third-world country, an assertion rejected by almost any measure of prosperity you can cite. He again asserted that African-Americans and Hispanics are "living in hell," which – America's treatment of minorities notwithstanding – might be news to many of them.

I'm gonna mail in a vote for trump even though I'm canadian, liberals are ascending to a new state of banshee idiocy shrieking this year and i just want them to burn

See, if you disregard all the prancing imps of Satan piercing your flash with pitchforks and lighting you on fire, it's not so bad

You got incredibly mad, while I remained calm throughout: The Presidential Debate

ilmdge posted:

You got incredibly mad, while I remained calm throughout: The Presidential Debate

100% odds this article was written sometime in august

catchphrase
*derp opens up the rhizzone*
Online: Populares c_man ilmdge le_nelson_mandela_face
*le AU20 activation face*
kelly mcgonigal is kind of a babe imo

drwhat posted:

liberals are ascending to a new state of banshee idiocy shrieking this year and i just want them to burn

this is a true thing

good things about the debate:

1. not watching it

c_man posted:

(the face of every woman ive ever approached in a bar flashes before my eyes for some reason)

It was almost funny how they obviously colluded to mug him at the very end with the racism and sexism. But a 40 year old out of court settlement is possibly the most boring way that could have happened, and he probably could have shut her down by asking if she was going to name the next generation of drones the Super Predators when the crocodile tears were flowing about all those black guys that she wanted put in prison being stuck in prison.

We should make the head Hitler debate great again by just nominating LF posters to pick a side and doing it ourselves
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
sorry i couldnt tell who made the post bc everyone had the probation avatar, i thought it was like some white noise guy or goatstein. though it does make more sense that it was you i guess. i wouldnt have said it if i knew it was you. i am very sorry.
[account deactivated]