Anyone who wants to participate in the lengthening of this into a real podcast
Options
1. Provide or recommend audio content. Post remixing is good
2. Scour up pleasant .wav banks for me to trawl for audio
3. Set up an interview with someone cool
4. Write something you want read on "the air"

Trying for at least 30 minutes of pod
-me

If you do this and your first attempt or two has shit audio, just dont release it. Fastest way to get people to tune out and forget about you is to release bad audio
you have my sword
interview with goatstein
Every episode please reference at least three (3) dogs you've interacted with that week except have tpaine give you names for the dogs. It's a good recurring bit.
i will attempt to get interviews
I can get access to a semi-decent recording studio to record post remixes.
you can interview me, piss.
I'll make the website.
I will interview donald trump, the alt-right hegelian comic and hillary clinton, the faustian anti-hero witch, simultaneously. It will air tomorrow evening eastern standard time ;you are free to use the audio and overdub it with mst3k sound clips
dramatic live reading of pike committee transcripts
have a tpaine news segment. ftw.
moderated oxford-style debate on the motion "this House supports the universality of protracted people's war"
morning maoist zoo crew
booknotes with andre moncourt and j. smith
frontline-style exposé of the fivek-crabapple affair

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

have a tpaine news segment. ftw.

that can be the cold open every week

Dont do a podcast if you dont have a strong desire to participate & a singular vision & I'm not 100% sure that marxist all things considered with distributed volunteer segment producers is a good formula. But I would be happy to be wrong... just saying...
longmont potion castle-esque calls to random numbers in mclean, va
keven's komedy and kontrarianism korner
2 hours of reading NYT headlines in an ironic voice followed by 10 minutes of ranking the latest youtubes in the music thread
grover furr unplugged

Keven posted:

Dont do a podcast if you dont have a strong desire to participate & a singular vision & I'm not 100% sure that marxist all things considered with distributed volunteer segment producers is a good formula. But I would be happy to be wrong... just saying...

yeah its a formula for the majority of volunteers to drop off after the first couple podcasts.

have a moment of silence for vilerat every episode but during a lot of the episodes do a "hot mic" thing where during the moment of silence you can be heard whispering like "jeez its hot as balls today huh" o r like softly have a seinfeld episode playing
Two Minutes Hate

gyrofry posted:

grover furr unplugged

lets get a fucking Furr interveiw

what happened to that newish person who knew furr or talked to furr or touched him on the shoulder or somethin, lets get them on the case

e: Crow vs Furr on China
here's what i want, no negotiation.

- im one of two OR three main chucklefucks... if theres four guys, fuck the whole thing.
- i deliver my insane screed at the end of the show. this bit is PRE-RECORDED, so no interjections from the others.
- once the patreon is up and running i get access to that account and everyone receives an EQUAL share, except for our interns
i think about doing this sometimes but i don't have any time

whatever you do, don't have any portions where only one person is speaking, because no one wants to listen to a nerd talk to themselves. i am 10000% sure about this, your writing or funny idea will never be good enough to sustain itself as a single person talking. even the best stand-up comedian would be awkward and weird without the other character there (the audience)
something like this maybe:

[account deactivated]
One possible recurring segment, if enough of you are obnoxious enough to try this, we can include submitted audio of posters calling their parents & grandparents, and just asking them to be communists
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i'd like a daily or weekly news podcast but in the style of that Jack Van Impe show where he combs the headlines for hints of the coming rapture

swampman posted:

One possible recurring segment, if enough of you are obnoxious enough to try this, we can include submitted audio of posters calling their parents & grandparents, and just asking them to be communists

My dad is in his 70s and was raised by his grandparents, if i did this to him he'd quite possibly have a stroke

Keven posted:

swampman is just brainstorming, of course the finished product won't be a random pile of things contributing by whatever idiot thought it would be a good idea. the presenters are locked in anyway, they're going to be donald and tom

Drivetime with Phil Greaves

littlegreenpills posted:

I'd listen to the SHIT outta that

get a good microphone before you do anything. a snowball is the minimum