its just business, conec.

conec posted:

is zizek ur daddy ?

i met him and sniffed his ass

[account deactivated]
chubby western silver daddy

MindMaster posted:

conec posted:

i mean, where does mindmaster actually explain how capitalism somehow removes the john from "perversion" lmao if anything the exchange makes it even more perverted - it`s not as though the john shows himself to be a "complete and disgusting pervert" but some sense of prostitution being normal frees him from a "self-destructive edge"

sorry if it wasn't clear, i was trying to use the word "perversion" in the way zizek does, as a virtue, not in the way the word is commonly used. i was saying that prostitution is rape, of course, but also an indication of profound sexual and spiritual incompetence on the part of the person doing it. he is not a "pervert" because he is afraid of giving himself over to another person and instead flees behind a monetary exchange. they are cowards in the same way rapists are cowards.

more specifically, the word to me does not mean "i want to lick feet" or whatever, perversion just refers to "the fantasies that accompany sex", as in anything that goes beyond its pure physical aspect

thats fetishism not perversion. read less zizek read more freud

its also not really how zizek uses the word either
perverts
when zizek talks about perversion it's less in any kind of strict psychoanalytic sense and more to lend a freudian gloss to his normative moralistic condemnations. this is one of the few worthwhile things about him imo
there's a book that i read a bit of the intro to called "adventures in the symbolic" which looks interesting. it sort of goes through the whole thing of how marx tried to undo a lot of the developments of post-hegelianism and how in the 20th century a bunch of french people teased out all the reasons marx was probably wrong. but then the last part of the book talks about how zizek (and people like him) are trying to re-do the marx closure against contingency and how it's sort of silly. seems interesting. i don't think the guy is wholly like "the symbolic for the win" so much as "zizek is repeating arguments marx made which were already critiqued".
sounds mouffey

deadken posted:

sounds mouffey

and how!

mouffewear

getfiscal posted:

there's a book that i read a bit of the intro to called "adventures in the symbolic" which looks interesting. it sort of goes through the whole thing of how marx tried to undo a lot of the developments of post-hegelianism and how in the 20th century a bunch of french people teased out all the reasons marx was probably wrong. but then the last part of the book talks about how zizek (and people like him) are trying to re-do the marx closure against contingency and how it's sort of silly. seems interesting. i don't think the guy is wholly like "the symbolic for the win" so much as "zizek is repeating arguments marx made which were already critiqued".

but marx was right which makes reading hundreds of pages of wrong stuff seem like a strange way to kill time

babyhueypnewton posted:

but marx was right

zizek? heh. enjoy babys first marxian psychoanalyst. ill be over here with the big boys.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
dont infantilise women by calling them girls imo
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I suppose if the prostitute was frozen you could catch frostbite.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Panopticon posted:

dont infantilise women by calling them girls imo

don't infantilise girls by calling them infant versions of women

bleeders
sarlacc pits
now baby huey p newton
while traveling hither and yon
had sex with a honey
in exchange for money
but swears that he isn't a john

tpaine posted:

maybe he meant "...over for supper." let's not jump to conclusions.

the how to cook for forty humans scene, except having girls