and cool
HBO's Judd Apatow's Women, starring Meryl Streep
mods rename babby huey to CCCP Pounder

tpaine posted:

i discuss marxism with my 'stutes

"Specializes in GFE, will discuss marxist theory for extra $100"

tpaine posted:

i discuss marxism with my 'stutes

ah, here's the man behind the unionization movement for sex workers.

MindMaster posted:

conec posted:

i mean, where does mindmaster actually explain how capitalism somehow removes the john from "perversion" lmao if anything the exchange makes it even more perverted - it`s not as though the john shows himself to be a "complete and disgusting pervert" but some sense of prostitution being normal frees him from a "self-destructive edge"

"perversion" in the way zizek does, as a virtue,

aerdil posted:

its also not how zizek uses the word either

aerdil posted:

perverts

Fate
haha god damn this is the first time i actually read "The Thread"
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

futurewidow posted:
never forget how absolutely vile men are, how any men will espouse feminism for as long as it takes for them to get laid and drop it as soon as it poses any inconvenience, the same men that talk about class war and exploitation but think nothing of exploiting the women around them and have a litany of excuses at the ready.
men cannot fight the people's war because they are not people.

fiturewindow did you know that even mothernature hates us? think about it. if someone so much as looks at our balls wrong we double over in pain, but any one of us could have a golf ball size tumor in our heads and not know about it until were fucked. we're nothing but gonads and all the other shit is just casing

this post set my gonads atither

what the fuck why is a sex tourist tolerated and seemingly well liked on this site?

colddays posted:

what the fuck why is a sex tourist tolerated and seemingly well liked on this site?

On the rHizzonE once you've endured enough struggle sessions your past transgressions become a running joke.

colddays posted:

It's pretty funny that he now brags about how he ran off all the incorrect communists who by sheer coincidence were also people who called him a piece of shit sex tourist, which he is.

I like many of the rhizzone's running jokes, but a rape isn't funny to me

Keven posted:

It's pretty funny that he now brags about how he ran off all the incorrect communists who by sheer coincidence were also people who called him a piece of shit sex tourist, which he is.

Don't you support yourself by doing seasonal work fracking in Alaska or something?

colddays posted:

I like many of the rhizzone's running jokes, but a rape isn't funny to me

The only running joke is that the two people who repost that confession every few months are the same two people who claim they don't want to post here because they aren't free to use the N-word

No, swampman. I don't do seasonal work fracking.
Earning a living doing something bad for the environment is drastically different from spending your disposable income buying sex on an island devastated by imperialism.

colddays posted:

Earning a living doing something bad for the environment is drastically different from spending your disposable income buying sex on an island devastated by imperialism.

What is the correct response for a community when one of it's members does something bad, acknowledged that they did something bad, and has made what appears to be a wholehearted commitment to change the behavior and thought process that led to those previous transgressions?

Make fun of them either forever or till the n-word is declared legal.
I mean, I'm still very new to this forum and maybe I'm missing an important piece of information, and I'm not trying to be some kind of moral accountant or anything like that, but this is something hugely important imo and it seems like it's just been handwaved away with jokes every time it comes up. I can see that after 5 years it seems like the distant past and that a person has ample opportunity to change in half a decade, but there has to be some kind of reckoning with this issue and it seems like that hasn't happened (although I may just be unaware of it.)
Sorry, just saw pogfan's post after posting the above. If all that has happened that's good then, sorry for bringing it up. It's just that I've heard this allegation before both on and off the rhizzone, and none of the posts in this thread say anything other than BHPN is a sex tourist, so I hope my surprise in this thread is understandable.
[account deactivated]
I think it's important to recognize the limitations of an online community space, we can't enforce or verify the kind of restitution that needs to be implemented.

I've seen online communities where someone would just get banned if anything incriminating is exposed. It doesn't actually filter out destructive people, it just convinces them to hide better and spread rumors about others.

pogfan1996 posted:

colddays posted:

What is the correct response for a community when one of it's members does something bad, acknowledged that they did something bad, and has made what appears to be a wholehearted commitment to change the behavior and thought process that led to those previous transgressions?

but wait bhpn has done none of that lol. hes never even admitted responsibility. rosewierds post is fairly accurate i think .

pogfan1996 posted:

colddays posted:

This thread is why self-criticism is a joke on the left. For everyone like pogfan who actually knows what it means there are a dozen people who either want to use it as a debt to forever own someone or people who think the left is just a cool group of friends where you talk about rumors and drama as if this has no negative effect on political work. I'm not going to apologize because I've done it a ton of times over five years and I won't be bullied into doing it everytime someone needs to reestablishing the hierarchy of the group.

I think what annoys me the most about this is how I have so many great stories to share with everyone about the horrible things I've done that have hurt so many other people, but I have to keep silent about them because there are strangers who would like to feel like they have social leverage over me
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

I think what annoys me the most about this is how I have so many great stories to share with everyone about the horrible things I've done that have hurt so many other people, but I have to keep silent about them because there are strangers who would like to feel like they have social leverage over me

Sure, paying to rape a bunch of third world women sounds bad, but what a great story

roseweird posted:

like for example i don't think bhpn has ever been contrite or self-critical but who wants to argue with a reddit mod

Petrol posted:

Sure, paying to rape a bunch of third world women sounds bad, but what a great story

Guess I can't say anything without it being used against me. If you don't want me to post here just say so because I am also inclined to not post here. So far this place hasn't affected my real life but I know it's only a matter of time when colddays says "on and off the rhizzone" and most of the people here seem happy to sell me out. And yes, threatening to leave is really the only option left when self-criticism becomes a bludgeon since bullying lives on both passive acceptance and active resistance. Guess my parents have to make me switch schools.

I'm pretty sure I remember bhpn self-criticizing. And I doubt this thread was bumped with good intentions in mind.
By on and off the rhizzone I mean here and twitter, and I only see it on twitter from links from the rhizzone

babyhueypnewton posted:

If you don't want me to post here just say so because I am also inclined to not post here.

i want you not to post here

I want u to post here huey, or at least keep a blog or something so I can read your thoughts on things

Petrol posted:

swampman posted:

If I got mad at bhpn for doing that it would constitute the practical extent of my activism against sex tourism, and I suspect for most others here

I've actually gone one step beyond this by not doing sex tourism.
[account deactivated]
*hot take voice* All Tourism Is SEx Tourism.