the constitutional court of the running dog puppet regime of south Corea, proving that a broken clock can be right twice a day, has voted to impeach 8-0 and let the one lady judge deliver the verdict in a final, ultimate own
From what I know about the situation, this would be a good time for South Korea to disarm, pursue reunification and adopt the Juche Ideal
What do we make of this development? A mere changing of the guard while the chaebol remain in charge?

marlax78 posted:

What do we make of this development? A mere changing of the guard while the chaebol remain in charge?

yeah probably. i mean, the most i'm hoping for is that the next president seeks rapprochement with the north, rejects THAAD and tells trump to fuck off with this regime change shit

now is the time on rhizzone when we dance

on the face of it, taking advice from someone who channels the spirit of your dead relatives or w/ever seems pretty wierd, a but compared to presidents that take orders from god on a telephone, or prime ministers who consult the divine results of hundreds of years of selective inbreeding for advice on how to run a country, its actually pretty tame.

tears posted:

on the face of it, taking advice from someone who channels the spirit of your dead relatives or w/ever seems pretty wierd, a but compared to presidents that take orders from god on a telephone, or prime ministers who consult the divine results of hundreds of years of selective inbreeding for advice on how to run a country, its actually pretty tame.

also every korean believes in magic anyway

what da fuckey

listen. yes, ghosts are real, and common, and yes, you can interact with them. but it's outrageous that the president was talking to them - a korean liberal, probably

ilmdge posted:

what da fuckey

americans can't handle the idea of millions of people mobilizing to actually depose a president so they have to turn it into some other thing they understand

marlax78 posted:

All the rich and objectively reactionary Koreans abandoned PGH, the only ones left supporting her were fascist old people and they're just dupes with no power. This meant her impeachment was inevitable but it also meant that the real struggle was put off to the future. This does mean that the left is emboldened while the right has been forced to retreat which gives some time for real changers to be possible. The election is in may and it looks like Moon Jae-in is gonna win. That's a good thing since he's to the left of his closest challenger and Ban ki-moon not running means the right has nobody.

So the question is how much can the left actually accomplish while they have time? A lot rests on if they can reconstitute themselves after the forced abolition of the Unified Progressive Party (same court did this and impeached PGH which should show the left-right struggle is still in the future), if the KCTU can take advantage and mobilize youth and irregular workers in the way they could not after the IMF crisis, and if the dictatorship elite has been neutralized enough that SK can move towards China (which will be expressed in the political struggle over THAAD). Roh Moo-hyun failed to stand up to America and capitulated to the Iraq war which caused the collapse of anti-american leftism, hopefully his clone is allied to a stronger nationalist bourgeoisie and petty-bourgeoisie with ties to Chinese investment and can better stand up to the American deep state because it would be quite significant if yankee imperialism got out.

gay_swimmer posted:

ilmdge posted:
what da fuckey

americans can't handle the idea of millions of people mobilizing to actually depose a president so they have to turn it into some other thing they understand

I wish Americans actually did understand fake news and identity politics. Instead, liberal writers capitalize on the ignorance by putting these terms into the mix-match bag of buzzwords for their headlines.

the gizmodo article is fine, it's about how the pro-park contingent is buried in delusion, in the form of completely false news articles, as.. they would have to be. one person i once read at one point said, the outing of Park's craziness in a sense legitimized all conspiracy theory in South Korea (this was before the "fake news" neologistry) because like, "oh the President was missing while that ferry full of babies sank, because she was off performing a magick ritual" was such kind of crazy theory, until it was 100% true.
thanks for the summary because the term 'fake news' in a headline guarantees i will never read the article
free political prisoner jung-ho kang

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

listen. yes, ghosts are real, and common, and yes, you can interact with them. but it's outrageous that the president was talking to them - a korean liberal, probably

i brought this up to someone irl and they said "well, the problem was that she used state funds to do it" which is like, what? if ghosts are real isn't maintaining friendly contact with them a very good policy? think of the advances south korea could make in espionage alone

curious to know, is anyone that posts here a ghost?

tears posted:

curious to know, is anyone that posts here a ghost?

if by ghost you mean spooky,

[account deactivated]
i'm only interested in real ghosts, sorry
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/15/ousted-south-korean-president-park-geun-hye-hounded-abandoned-dogs-animal-rights

park geun hye abandoned her dogs in the blue house lol

we're having bosintang tonight boys
Han Sang-gyun, president of the Korean Confederation of Trade Unions, released a statement yesterday saying "I'll be waiting for you in here." Park's justice dept threw him in jail in 2015 for organizing protests when Hyundai was hosing down its striking workers with water canons.
that's some boss ass shit

hey posted:

that's some prole ass shit

Ftfy

the sewol is being salvaged now and it doesn't look like it hit anything. it looks like it may have sank from being overloaded with steel destined for the jeju naval base, where the US navy hangs out