that just sounds like another of those boring ass "the problem with the left/millenials/whoever is (cultural phenomenon i dont understand)" by a hideously out of touch nerd
deboer snype
people keep reposting my sam harris article on reddit (sequel incoming in the next week btw) and wigging out about "super cool leftists" and "alt left" and getting madder and madder about how I called chomsky a mediocre and ancient man. in their really lame calculus we're like the greaser clique who are cool now, but just wait til after college when you cool uber leftists are flipping burgers and im a big time lawyer....

Keven posted:

Social media is websites.

Basically, yes. However; it's also apps.

Ah.... I stand corrected. Thank you... no matter how old I get I still learn new things.

Gibbonstrength posted:

pin their really lame calculus we're like the greaser clique who are cool now

i reluctantly accept this burden

Any experiences with returns for others flavors w/ Amazon? (self.soylent)
submitted 13 hours ago by dubyawinfrey
Just got Nectar today and am supremely disappointed - been with Cacao since day one and love the stuff, but Nectar tastes like cereal milk with lemon pledge sprayed into it.
Anyone have a clue if Amazon or soylent would trade me drinks? I can't imagine getting through a crate of these, I could barely drink a full bottle. Frown
Thinking of trying coffiest and the chai late one next, hopefully they're not as disappointing.

PirateNinjaa Soylent Shill 1 hour ago
Many people don't learn to love nectar until after several bottles. Think Froot Loops not pledge. Or just chug it and be glad you aren't starving. You know how many hungry people out there in the world wish they had some food even if they didn't like the taste? First world problems.
You know how lucky you are to have paid a bunch of money for those piss and shit milkshakes? Chug-a-lug, Donna.
I drink plain Soylent and I am not ashamed. It allows me to spend less time preparing meals and more time organizing the working class.

mediumpig posted:

I drink plain Soylent and I am not ashamed. It allows me to spend less time preparing meals and more time organizing the working class.

source your quotes

After an unprecedented series of natural disasters threatened the planet, the world’s leaders came together to create an intricate network of satellites to control the global climate and keep everyone safe. But now, something has gone wrong—the system built to protect the Earth is attacking it, and it’s a race against the clock to uncover the real threat before a worldwide geostorm wipes out everything...and everyone along with it.

this is fucking weird as hell and is the kind of thing that an alien would do to blend in among people.

observations.db:

1. americans eat meat
2. meat comes from animals that are killed
3. americans like farmers
4. farmers kill animals
5. i will be liked if i kill animals myself
A fundamental flaw in the PR consultant field is that all PR consultants are sniveling sycophant cowards. For example, despite having all the money in the world, it still isn't enough for Mark Zuckerberg to buy a PR consultant brave enough to say "No, Mark. Don't say that. It's extremely creepy."

I guess to be fair, would you want to be the one who says no to the man who waxes philosophical about his charming dedication to personally killing and butchering living creatures? You might be next!
John Connor: No, no, no, no. You gotta listen to the way people talk. You don't say "I set a goal to only eat meat that I killed and helped butcher myself," or some shit like that.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: Why do you cry?

John Connor: You mean people?

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: Yes.

John Connor: I don't know. We just cry. You know, when it hurts.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: Pain causes it?

John Connor: No, it's when there's nothing wrong with you, but you hurt anyway. You get it?

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: No.
Several years ago at Facebook, our private security brought in a bevy of children to rape. I remember someone saying that taking a turn on the slender Yasin would be a deeply satisfying act of power, but he wished he didn't have to see the kid's trackmarks. I've always thought we should be thankful and understand where our child ass comes from -- so for the next year I set a goal to only molest kids that I abducted and put astride the black pony myself.

Edited by swampman ()

I guess the opposite parody would be Several years ago at my house, someone liked me enough to touch my genitals. I remember them saying that they would enjoy the act but they wished they didn't have to look at my face or be around my personality. I've always thought we should be thankful that we can even get aroused -- so for the next century I set a goal to only experience whatever genital stimulation I am limber enough to give to myself.

swampman posted:

Several years ago at Facebook, our private security brought in a bevy of children to rape. I remember someone saying that taking a turn on the slender Yasin would be a deeply satisfying act of power, but he wished he didn't have to see the kid's trackmarks. I've always thought we should be thankful and understand where our child ass comes from -- so for the next year I set a goal to only molest kids that I abducted and put astride the black pony myself.

i appreciate this not because eating meat is comparable to child rape but because it's plausible tech billionaire thoughts on ethics

it's nothing personal but i didn't appreciate it very much at all, tbh
so the next year I made a goal to only breath air that i had manurfactured myself, out of my ass - Mark Zuckerberg, 2017
Finally, I've Found SOmething I Can Beat Up
Yum, yum, very nice!

good news for many current (and former) Rhizzone posters: popular Poster's dinner staple confirmed source of fail aids. at least i think that is how its pronounced and maybe this can help them make the appropriate lifestyle changes.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/15/health/macaroni-and-cheese-phthalates-analysis-study/index.html

tears posted:

lmao the largest ingredient in most of these soylent things is maltodextrin, putting them all in the express lane to diabetes

make your own soylent:
1. take a two litre bottle of coke
2. grind up a vitamin tablet and tip it in the coke
3. put some protein powder in
(4. morning variation: grind up and add 1 caffeine tablet)
5. hopefully you have health insurance

at least initially, and this is probably still true, the speedsuit wearing fucking nerd weirdo who created Soylent was just buying powders from chinese factories and mixing them together to reach the FDA recommended levels of nutrition, so it's full of maltodextrin because "industrially produced unsweetened corn powder" is probably literally the cheapest possible source of calories you can buy

fitness trivia: you can buy bags of maltodextrin as fitness supplements as part of that whole industry's grift. in some sense it could be useful in principle if you just need a lot of calories* like you're running a lot or whatever, but in practice it's yes, hello friendly corn merchant, could i get a big bag of sugar that tastes worse than the big bag of sugar from the grocery store but costs 3 times as much

*disclaimer: certain people do not need to eat calories to maintain their weight thanks to angering various witches
not gonna lie, im glad the polulation of silicon valley is drinking soylent, which is poison
[account deactivated]
Soylent is worse and more expensive than just drinking a protein shake with iso in the name so it's not jam full of sugar & having a multi vitamin. Also as someone who was on a liquid diet recently it hard sucks and leaves you bloated with insane turds and you have to eat like 6 times a day because the volume to calorie ratio is pretty bad so it's not like you're actually saving time or anything.

If you're just drinking one for lunch or whatever you're paying 5x to have a pretty crappy meal replacement shake as compared to the junk you can get delivered in cities these days basically for the privilege of drinking something that has the name of something that was processed human corpses in a movie.
I checked the soylent Reddit maybe a year ago and saw one guy boasting about how he no longer shits thanks to his hi-tech diet.
I'm preeeeetty sure you should still be pooping on a liquid diet lol
I'm on a liquid diet... talking about the classic beverage known as beer.
[account deactivated]
soylent is basically a placebo for food
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
middle guy straight out of the society of the spectacle cover
Zuckerboig should wear a VR headset all the time. He looks like a mascot staring at a bowl of cereal.