It's here. My favorite holiday of the year (the Superbowl) is upon us. This thread is for discussion of the event, the half-time show, etc... You can even talk shit on football or the Superbowl but I have only one request: IWC and other non-American posters please refrain from posting critically about Football culture. It's something we have developed independently of the greater Anglo world and therefor you cannot understand the dynamics at play here - these being uniquely American.

Anything else is fine. Troons can talk about how the NFL is somehow symbolic of heterocismasculine aggression and sexual violence. Brits can post about how soccer is better. You can talk about your plans to party for the superbowl. Future Widow can come in and express not only her disappointment about the forum indulging in such a patriarchal discussion of the macho football culture which helps to oppress women but also how she really shouldn't have expected any better from us.

I'm going Giants just because I hate the fuckin' Patriots. Anyone want to bet a RHizZone Archives Upgrade about the outcome?

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

how could i watch the superbowl when i don't have a tv...
i dont know nerd maybe but chances are you can find a stream on the internet with ur nerd powers
im rooting for the patriots because they cut that lovable mascot guy hahaha on the eve of the super bowl HAHAHAHA
they just shut down like 30 internet streaming sites to save the superbowl revenues or whatever but it fucked w. my basketball streamin... fuck...
when you google "super bowl" it says you can watch the super bowl on the official nfl website.
CONGRATULATIONS FORESTFAMILY YOU JSUT RECEIVED YOUR FIRST UPVOTE. REPUTATION = 1. IT'S NOT MUCH BUT IT'S A START!

(if u want 2 upvote one of my posts in thx I will not object)
thank you. new to this site and a bit confused, appreciating the warm welcome.
i wouldve watched it if the 49ers had made it but instead i think im just going to go to a bar get drunk and try to sleep with the girl who invited me
ya that's probably gonna be just as good - i don't really give a shit about it since the lions and the 'boys got eliminated but i also *ahem* have ulterior motives for attending superbowl party

also I assume openly expressing your enjoyment of football in San Francisco is not the best idea if you want your liberal friends 2 keep taking yer zizek quotes seriously

aerdil posted:
i wouldve watched it if the 49ers had made it but instead i think im just going to go to a bar get drunk and try to sleep with the girl who invited me

well I hope you've developed a comfort plan and practiced your CR's thoroughly.

zizek would definitely watch football. "there's truth in anything"
[account deactivated]
that must have been very hard for you, T Money.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
what's football
[account deactivated]
Wat tha hell isa snowson and why oh why did rhode island criminalize "indoor prostitution"(?) so now the patrios mascot is under arrest in december 2009.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
. Accidentally downvoted that.wow you can change your vote. Inspiring
[account deactivated]
sports are great & i feel sorry for people too autistic to enjoy the camaraderie of watching a game with people who would otherwise be total strangers
they just played that green day song that has the lyric "sieg heil to the president gas man" on the p.a. in this hockey game i'm watching
why do we keep getting mad about autistic ppl here i forget

Impper posted:
they just shut down like 30 internet streaming sites to save the superbowl revenues or whatever but it fucked w. my basketball streamin... fuck...

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/

does the winning team actually get a bowl. a bowl is arguably more practical than a cup but i dont think it has the same allure. you dont drink champagne from a bowl

aerdil posted:
zizek would definitely watch football. "there's truth in anything"

http://twitter.com/ZizekOnNFL

bowl refers to the shape of the stadium not the prize. the trophy is a football shaped thing and they award a new one each year
i drink Super Soup out a me Super Bowl
so i just found out it's superball sunday or some shit, why are they holding a public holiday on sunday that's just stupid it's already a holiday morons
Dont show such disrespect on a feastday.

discipline posted:
here's the pic of my snowson

he has his fathers eyes

discipline posted:
here's the pic of my snowson

my facebook is clogged w/ pictures of snow. apparently london has been destroyed or something?

[account deactivated]
snowman? wow how heteronormie
is football at all based on how armies would line up their infantry and try to flank with cavalry or what, i've never seen a game so i really don't know
the super bowl presented by SCAB CULTURE
[account deactivated]