ITS LIKE. ALL MY FAVORUITE TOPICS IN ONE EASY TO READ FORMAT.

Adam Curtis, the British filmmaker whose many great films and blog posts for the BBC we’ve been ramming down our readers’ throats (in the parlance of our times) lo these past few years, has a new piece about Russian politics, punk and avant-garde that is a must-read. It’s the only work I’ve ever read that makes sense of Edward Limonov—the former eXile columnist and leader of the radical opposition—and places Limonov and his Kremlin nemesis, Vladislav Surkov, in the context of Russia’s post-Communist politics, and Russia’s wild punk rock avant-garde.

really really cool set of articles here. we got ames writing about adam curtis writing about eduard limonov, errybody's favourite nazbol hero, and vladislav surkov, a guy who i had always thought of as "the russian karl rove" but who apparently is even weirder and crazier than even that analogy. curtis traces the path of both of these knuckleheads to the anti-establishment russian punk movement of the 70s and 80s, a reflection of the degeneration of soviet ideology. the difference between the two is more like one is a phase-shift of the other, surkov's absolute nihilism developing from a later stage of national decay. curtis also links peter pomerantsev's article on surkov, which I had read before but found that I understood what he was sayin in an entirely different light after reading curtis' post.

ames: http://exiledonline.com/adam-curtis-on-edward-limonov-kremlin-politics-russian-punk-rock-the-exile/

curtis: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/2012/01/the_years_of_stagnation_and_th.html

pomerantsev: http://www.lrb.co.uk/v33/n20/peter-pomerantsev/putins-rasputin

curtis' article also got sum kewl tunes. plz feel free to PYF popular mechanix tracks here in mah thread.

Edited by germanjoey ()

also the part about lacan, derrida, and NLP being the biggest thingz right now in russian power politics is absolutely hilarious
this fall
lacan, derrida, and NLP, a biography of my life
thanks for reading my earlier thread on this exact thing ASSHOLE
let that be a lesson on the value of [tagging]
hey man i tagged it [adam curtis] ADAM FUCKING CURTIS
oh so you did

i didnt see it hahahahah
who cares, i never click an old thread. ideally we'd just have thread after thrad of the same exact topic
im just thinking right now how fucking awesome it would have been if brecht had made a theater adaptation of goebbels' book

Impper posted:
who cares, i never click an old thread. ideally we'd just have thread after thrad of the same exact topic

we dont?

there are slight variations as of now that are proving increasingly intolerable
sooner or later every thread is about my boring personal life
[diapers][trannies][islam][rapenovel]
[account deactivated]

gyrofry posted:
[diapers][trannies][islam][rapenovel]

Sounds like a hell of a thread.

Curis is cool and has an ingeresting mind but makes some pretty dodgy linkages and causations between epochs and movements
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]