getfiscal posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Where would you go?

i dunno. not many places excite me to go there. like i'd like to see paris? i've never been. but i know i'd probably get bored of it. i'm not sure.

Paris is pretty awesome. It may frustrate or annoy (or even destroy) you but I doubt you would be bored with it.

Or London? “When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life!”, that’s a rather ringing endorsement

[account deactivated]

the cash register is fine that's not an issue, what's an issue is the government FORCING me to do maths in my head. When i see a price, that's what i expect to pay.

Agreed. the first thing i bought in america land was a pack of cigarettes and i had the correct change and then the price was different and i had to split a 20 and i think i got short changed but i cant be sure because at the time i didnt know what all the banknotes looked like. what is this. i dont do numbers

deadken posted:

the cash register is fine that's not an issue, what's an issue is the government FORCING me to do maths in my head. When i see a price, that's what i expect to pay.

Agreed. the first thing i bought in america land was a pack of cigarettes and i had the correct change and then the price was different and i had to split a 20 and i think i got short changed but i cant be sure because at the time i didnt know what all the banknotes looked like. what is this. i dont do numbers

Also the notes all look the same and $1 bills are pointless and should be coins. I'd look in my wallet and think i had a fat stack of cash and it would just be like 13 bucks or whatever.

get rid of penny's too, 5c should be the lowest denomination

london might be an idea although i have no particular interest in the city. i can get an ancestry visa though which is nice. like i can always live and work in the UK without worrying about immigration hassles.

one thing is that i can get student aid because i'm low-income and disabled, so if i went to a university and took even a qualifying full-time continuing education certificate or something it would probably be paid for. the problem is no one does that because it is basically a scam (just a way to get by) so i don't know how to swing it.

getfiscal posted:
london might be an idea although i have no particular interest in the city. i can get an ancestry visa though which is nice. like i can always live and work in the UK without worrying about immigration hassles.

one thing is that i can get student aid because i'm low-income and disabled, so if i went to a university and took even a qualifying full-time continuing education certificate or something it would probably be paid for. the problem is no one does that because it is basically a scam (just a way to get by) so i don't know how to swing it.

Also the Tories in the UK are cutting pretty much anything to do with education and/or the disabled :/

Maybe just stay in Canada? I'm sure Toronto can be a cool place if you put your mind to it, the weather would piss me off though.

they do have $1 coins, theyre big and gold and people in shops look at them suspiciously before accepting them

getfiscal dont go to paris or london, go to berlin
well my current plan is to stay where i'm at until the end of august and then maybe get my own small basement apartment or something here for a year and then see what happens i guess. and take some free film classes and french and shit in the meantime. time goes by fast anyway. but i just really really don't want to wake up one day 40 and basically have not moved on from here.
go to an impoverished central asian country and start a militia and get money from the cia

deadken posted:

yeah it'd be cool to go to berlin or a few other central european cities. i should look around at what it takes to go to budapest or vienna or something. i spent an hour or so looking around at german websites and i don't know if i can do the educational thing with them.

a lot of student exchange sort of things are either full-time full degree programs or they are exchanges for university students, not a lot of special programs you can just sort of show up for and still get student aid for. there are a lot of those in canada though actually.

[account deactivated]

deadken posted:
go to an impoverished central asian country and start a militia and get money from the cia

the one "exotic" sort of place i went was in central asia actually. other than that just normal chinese cities and america and that's it.

deadken posted:

getfiscal posted:

deadken posted:

the one "exotic" sort of place i went was in central asia actually. other than that just normal chinese cities and america and that's it.

Wherabouts? I've always wanted to go to Bukhara and Samarkand and Dushanbe and all that stuff around there. Still seems like one of the most exotic places on earth to me.

getfiscal posted:

deadken posted:

Wherabouts? I've always wanted to go to Bukhara and Samarkand and Dushanbe and all that stuff around there. Still seems like one of the most exotic places on earth to me.

This.

I'm literally obsessed with this place.

deadken posted:
they do have $1 coins, theyre big and gold and people in shops look at them suspiciously before accepting them

originally, and i may be misremembering it, but i think this is correct, originally those $1 coins were exclusively sacagawea. at some point the usual suspects must have raised a fuss because now theres also ones with presidents on them. im like 90% sure i got one with martin van buren on it last summer

i went to xinjiang, specifically urumqi and environs.
caltrain ticket machines dispense them. i didnt check which presidents on them tho
i want to go to north korea. i'm going to north korea.

getfiscal posted:

Does it still have the spicy tang of East Turkestan in the air or is it basically just Han city by now?

getfiscal posted:

Does it still have the spicy tang of East Turkestan in the air or is it basically just Han city by now?

It is a standard major chinese city but it has colonial trappings and so on.

kashgar is prob the place to go for them chinee turkee

babyfinland posted:

kashgar is on lockdown pretty much all the time, hotan is much nicer imo. i think they bulldozed most of the old city and the walls and stuff in kashgar anyway

getfiscal posted:
actually i don't mind toronto. it's fine. i guess i just had a sort of realization today that it's been ten months since i moved here and i'm like "so what". like it doesn't feel like home and even though i've got some projects lined up i'm already thinking how i can get out of here.

took me five years to warm up to this city and i grew up here before movin away and movin back. five years.

shennong posted:

babyfinland posted:

kashgar is on lockdown pretty much all the time, hotan is much nicer imo. i think they bulldozed most of the old city and the walls and stuff in kashgar anyway

also please don't talk about travelling, you're excluding the poor. check yr privilege you little shits.

futurewidow posted:
also please don't talk about travelling, you're excluding the poor. check yr privilege you little shits.

take the bus down to the unemployment office, whiner

futurewidow posted:

what about nomads and war refugees?

futurewidow posted:

elemennop posted:

futurewidow posted:

what about nomads and war refugees?

how is a nomad supposed to travel?

dm posted:
how is a nomad supposed to travel?

i'd explain, but it requires advanced knowledge of deleuzoguattarian philosophy

futurewidow posted:

agreed, also everyone afraid of leaving moms basement

futurewidow posted:

Sorry, traveling is a local tradition and i refuse to stop doing it, fuck the carbon emissions.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
dove breast wrapped in bacon on a skewer
put that shit on a grill and yum yum eat em up big nose
you can't eat a pigeon breast. you can barely eat a pigeon
thought for sure this thread was gonna be about breitbart's death