From its founding event in the expulsion of a quarter million people from their homeland, to the nazi-esque engineered famines on the Palestinian population under military occupation, to the economic and power disparities rivaling Pharonic Egypt, de facto government by organized crime and anachronistic racism deeply rooted in its culture, Israel is a Land of Contrasts.

To the miracles of the rebirth of the Hebrew language after two millennia, the establishment of a thriving country of immigrants in the Land of Israel in such a short span of time, and the invention of the kibbutz, we must now add another, much more deserving of a place on the list of the seven wonders of the world than the statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, than the Roman Colosseum or the Great Wall of China: Israel’s wondrous power in the face of the US.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
wait, palestinians are complaining about something? wow, shocked, shocked at that one.
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
haha the settlers in hebron do that on palestinian houses so I dunno if that's the whole story there ozzie

What does her backwards V hand thing mean? I only know it in the British context of "fuck off geezer"

[account deactivated]
Then the settlers could chuck some "J and S" handsigns across the way and have a breakdancing comp to save the community centre/cemetary.
[account deactivated]
that hand sign is actually "J I", or Jordan and Israel, the real two-state solution.
My friend's grandfather was thrown into a well and killed by some humble israeli soldiers who were bravely defending their homeland against hostile forces from all sides by throwing an old man into a well so he would die
yeah well my friend's grandfather died during the holocaust. he fell out a guard tower XD

aerdil posted:
yeah well my friend's grandfather died during the holocaust. he fell out a guard tower XD

Myfanwy posted:
My friend's grandfather was thrown into a well and killed by some humble israeli soldiers who were bravely defending their homeland against hostile forces from all sides by throwing an old man into a well so he would die

to be fair, if you think throwing a penny down a well gets you good luck, just imagine what an old man gets you.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

good to know palestine is reppin serbia

getfiscal posted:
to be fair, if you think throwing a penny down a well gets you good luck, just imagine what an old man gets you.

lol

lol at the idea iran air striking israel

Edited by Hurricane_Faggot ()

Pffffft. Palestinian, Isralite...they're all funny sounding foreign people to me.

aerdil posted:

Land of contrasts: sodomizers and sodomized
Sick halo, dude
if i were in israel and had a button that said "make ariel sharon prime minister now" would anyone get mad at me.
With brain-cudgeling predictability, Mr Netanyahu marked his meeting with Mr Obama by presenting him with a copy of the Book of Esther. That book concerns a plot by Haman, vizier of King Ahasuerus of Persia, to massacre his country's Jews, and the efforts of the beautiful Esther, Ahasuerus's secretly Jewish wife, to persuade the king to stop them. It is a version of the same narrative of repression, threatened extermination and resistance that Jews commemorate at Passover in the prayer "Ve-hi she-amdah": "Because in every generation they rise up to destroy us, but the Holy One, Blessed be He, delivers us from their hands."
Israel fears second Holocaust
BY: ANDREW SULLIVAN From: The Australian March 12, 2012 12:00AM

PERHAPS the most revealing thing in Benjamin Netanyahu's visit to Washington last week was the gift the Israeli Prime Minister gave the US President.

It was a copy of the Book of Esther, which is at the heart of the Jewish festival of Purim and recounts an ancient attack on Jews living under Persian rule.

According to Haaretz, the Israeli newspaper, Netanyahu explained the significance of his gift thus: "Then, too, they wanted to wipe us out."

By Nidal al-Mughrabi | GAZA (Reuters) - Israeli aircraft on Sunday killed three Palestinians, including a 12-year-old boy, medical sources in Gaza said, as militants fired rockets into Israel for a third day.
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

getfiscal posted:
if i were in israel and had a button that said "make ariel sharon prime minister now" would anyone get mad at me.

the israelis maybe, because he's in a vegetative state

i feel like it's more of a settler/colonialist thing, although i guess they do practice a lot of agriculture

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
I just met with an editor from +972 lol

Lol. badas

+972 is how many calories i get from mountain dew on a given weekday
admirable restraint

discipline posted:
I just met with an editor from +972 lol

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/jalal-abukhater/israelis-who-sign-petition-danish-refugees-recoil-horror-when-asked-sign

hhahahah i know its in poor taste byut this is so funny

babyfinland posted:
http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/jalal-abukhater/israelis-who-sign-petition-danish-refugees-recoil-horror-when-asked-sign

this would probably happen in any white country tbh

[account deactivated]