Themselves posted:

inside job?

you're joking but some people believe this

that lastwheel guy is an insane person.

Richard Spencer punched

Edited by Themselves ()

https://www.facebook.com/BitterHarvestUK/videos/451609748563189/
That's one for the display case of nice comments sections
i started to watch a documentary called minimalism and about five minutes in, boom, sam harris out of nowhere. so i stopped watching and now only know a little bit about the modern minimalist movement. all i picked up from it is that the folks that are into minimalism seem to all be douchebags
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

I watch Stephen Colbert these days to cheer me up from the news I read every morning.

drinking is probably healthier, but I guess we've all got to pick our own poison!

Watching new girl... it's hit the late era sitcom phase where everyone's an extremely broad version of their old self & it's getting pretty weird. Got to say the episode where the boys all get waxed didn't 100% follow, Schmidt for sure gets his pubes waxed & it wouldn't be a big deal for him.
i watched Healthcare: Your Money or Your Life last night and got real sad

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/healthcare_your_money_or_your_life
i've been watching all the chris marker documentaries on filmstruck
watched "come and see" the other day and this youtube that's been making the rounds https://youtu.be/dqB-EMqpsUA
i watched z and state of siege on filmstruck recently, i'd never seen anything by costa-gavras before. both were really great
a friend hadn't seen twin peaks, so we're watching twin peaks.
just youuuu

and themmmmm
update: James is sweet, but he's so dumb
[account deactivated]

exclusive patron content
i got some food poisoning on sunday and spent the whole day lying in bed/sweating/vomiting/watching the young pope. its really good in a very strange way. lots of strange electronic music which keeps the mood pretty tense and awkward. the costumes and art in the vatican are gorgeous. the fact that i was in and out of consciousness and mostly delirious probably only heightened the experience. overall i think it is excellent. i may rewatch when healthy to confirm
the young pope is excellent
gonna watch it... when i have the time. rn im watching carl th. dreyer movies, they're good.
sick or well all i do is Post
i figured since i was already spewing nasty, half-digested dreck from most of my body's orifices, posting would have been redundant
i am watching ginger snaps, for the millionth time

this is counterrevolutionary dreck but does anyone else like the sexy archie show
i am watching ginger snaps 2: unleashed, for the 500,000th time
that movie has good music.
watching The Sopranos finally. Really good performance by getfiscal.
"You're the first person to ever ask me that" - bullshit "i'm happy to address it" - proceeds to not address it.

also lmao at every cartoon yuppie being all "That's innappropriate young lady, you're being rude!"
been watching the NHK documentary "A Century On Film". it's pretty good for the most part but their take on the USSR is pretty lol.

some highlights include:

- some rare film of lovable Russian czars having fun and laughing *freeze frame on family pic* "all these people were executed by the Bolsheviks"
- showing how each side of Germany had propaganda films against the other. the western side compared images of capital wealth vs the destroyed buildings of communism and scary communist posters everywhere. the eastern side showed images of US police brutality and gang development
- a world map with a red sea of hammer and sickles consuming eastern europe, *gulp* what will happen if communism spreads??
- some quotes by western leaders that Stalin "didn't keep his promises" soon followed by how Stalin "kept his promise" and invaded Japan
- apparently South Korea was just minding its own business and then BAM out of nowhere North Korea starts a bloody war with Stalin's support. the US steps in to save the day but then big China decides to mess everything up, darn!
- some brief film showing the US nuking Japan twice *quickly changes topic to avoid showing horrifying aftermath* Stalin wants to divide Japan's territories with the US. Truman says "nah, i don't trust you". thus begins the unavoidable cold war. haha, well... tune in next time!

Edited by Synergy ()

Sounds pretty bad.
Don't watch anime belphegor
idgi when did I mention anime?
Stalin shouldn't have kept the promise to stop at the 38th parallel. If only he weren't too honest, Korea wouldn't be divided to this day....
I just watched the film 'Network'. you should know going in that it is basically two hours of monologues. Their depiction of communists was irksome, but there is a funny scene regarding leftist infighting:

young pope was surprisingly good. i think it's one of those things i will appreciate watching again some time and get more out of it.
I'm watching westworld finally. Show looks amazing but isn't that good.
It's no The Young Pope that's for sure. TYP (The Young Pope) is prettier than Westworld, too.