Belphegor posted:

Does anybody have tips on surviving shift work or operating commercial carpet cleaners?

For night shift? Make sleep your priority, learn everything you can about circadian rhythms. Make your bedroom a cave that lets no light in & is cool as if it's night & always try to wake up & fall asleep around the same time. I would say take some good vitamin C and D supplements for lack of sunlight. Take short breaks, eat good food, don't drink booze or coffee within hours of passing out.

As for the carpet cleaner.. good earplugs? Good luck dude

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i want to study electric power generation in detail but need a few years off
"kathy gifford should go to jail that's inciting violence and those leftists erasing history by destroying those statues!" i work in a wonderful place.

tips for shiftwork? don't sleep when you transition from days to nights for the first night. although it sounds like you're permanently on nights?
[account deactivated]
i wrote a preliminary ecological appraisal for a proposed aggregate extraction site while drinking beer and listening to limp bizkit, working from home owns (it doesnt)
I just put in my notice, working around salespeople is hellish. Going to look for audio visual technician jobs until this Cuomo free school thing kicks in
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

tears posted:

working from home owns (it doesnt)

wait, doesn't it though???

imagine youre having all the shit things and alienation from wage slavery without havving the contact of your normally social labour. as someone who's had to work from home during an illness i can tell you if you don't actually see other people frequently youre going mad

all of that, exactly. you start slowly unpeeling yourself like a weird old guitar case sticker from society and eventually you're just hanging by a string of gross old glue
all of the above, plus i love to procrastinate, work really slow, pretent to be busy, waste time, skive off, browse the internet at work and stare into space, all of which served me well as an employee but when youre self employed it turns out that they're actually bad (woah)
[account deactivated]
both are bad, but i always want what i havent got
[account deactivated]
Tonight I was cleaning the offices of some members of the Canadian ruling class. pictures with the queen and framed multi billion dollar checks (void and symbolic, but the money did change hands) and orders of Canada and shit.

give me ideas of petty untraceable ways of interfering with their daily lives that won't get me fired or arrested. Just kidding but not really though (CSIs this is sarcasm(

Belphegor posted:

Tonight I was cleaning the offices of some members of the Canadian ruling class. pictures with the queen and framed multi billion dollar checks (void and symbolic, but the money did change hands) and orders of Canada and shit.

give me ideas of petty untraceable ways of interfering with their daily lives that won't get me fired or arrested. Just kidding but not really though (CSIs this is sarcasm(

put a raw eg in the light fixture

paint three piglets 1, 2 and 4 then release them, they'll spend ages lookign for number 3
when dealing with the aristocratic vampire class, one should fight fire with fire

seed bags & other personal effects that they take home with bedbugs.
[account deactivated]
A white supremacist pretending to be Voltaire once said "to see who rules over you, ask who you are not allowed to criticise," so I am ruled by my friends' awful buttugly children
just had drinks with an old friend and he told me that someone we both went to middle school with is now a high-tech wunderkind who has many millions of dollars in capital. We're all 23. Degrees of seperation, man...

but I found some expensive electronics on the ground today and I'm going to sell them to buy shoes, so who is really having the last laugh?
revolution when

Edited by Belphegor ()

That story could never happen to me because I don't drink and would never agree to meet someone I went to middle school with.

roseweird posted:

a lot of the people i'm around lately are like the specific sort of nerds who gesticulate too much and use funny voices and make weird noises in the course of regular socialization and i want to be totally indifferent to these kinds of quirks in people but oh my god it is so annoying

that sounds awful.

say, anyone here a cook? I'm looking for work and I'm sick of being around weird emotionally dead nerds.

I cut meats and veggies for a year and a half and not even delis will hire me. Where's that Soros check, unemployment is soul-crushing
Just kidding there's no such thing as a soul
Thanks for reminding me.that unemployment is soul crushing. because I keep wanting to quit my job

Belphegor posted:

Thanks for reminding me.that unemployment is soul crushing. because I keep wanting to quit my job

communism is free time and nothing else

irl i blew off studying for exams to help with the local m-l-m org's fundraising dinner but in a huge stroke of luck a lazy biophysics prof repeated his q's from last year. so i both waited on a bunch of italian senior citizens and scored 88% on my physiology written w/o once studying the physics material
[account deactivated]
your boss is clearly my mother and i'm clearly son 2
i am son... goku
[account deactivated]
when the nice guy your talking to suddenly tells u how much theylike john oliver
i liked him a lot. as a guest on the larry wilmore show. :100:
[account deactivated]
Well shit. Hoping for your safety & security.
[account deactivated]