tpaine posted:
"h...hey, corporal boudreau...we're starting up a people's army, we're going to bring communism and equality to all people and we need your help...ok thanks, that's your dick, and you're stroking it with a .45 next to it...yeah your cum is bullets ok, and you're a hajji raping maniac. don't disagree but have you read marx?"

here is a man who has actually talked to troops.

[account deactivated]
good song
[account deactivated]
"A good guy got put in the bong place at the bong time."
pretending war is glorious or whatever isnt funny you stupid bourgie fuck
baby finland's real name is actually Baboo Suomi
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:
baby finland's real name is actually Baboo Suomi

Dinky herman

Leopard Micah
[account deactivated]
Friendly Souper

babyfinland posted:

babyfinland posted:
Dinky herman

"her man"

can't stop making fun of my demisexuality, can you

getfiscal posted:

babyfinland posted:
Dinky herman

"her man"

can't stop making fun of my demisexuality, can you

do not misuse your genitalia or i will bury you aliev

proper protocol exists for a reason, This is Not A gAME

i told my therapist the other day that i have problems accepting that the world isn't an elaborate joke and also that i have impulses to like just go fight the man with an army or something and she was like so what and i said wait the last health professional i said that to sent me to an emergency room and she was like pfft just because you have extreme beliefs doesn't mean you're mental.

which reminds me of doug stanhope saying that his old AA friends will tell him he's funnier drunk and how that's like going to a psychiatrist and being told the voices in your head are not only real but they're accurate.
you're a good guy, donald. i wish i could kiss you on the lips

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

illegal sexual desires detected

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i'll never get over how people will trip all over themselves to defend Soldiers, it really shows how pervasive the military worship is in the us that no one can even criticize it YES!!! I'm Captain Faggot Q. Obvious! At your service!

I can't help but feel that this is referencing one of my anti-troop worship rants, but don't worry tpaine, I forgive you.

the only determining factor of whether a Troop is "bad" is the direction his rifle points.

there is no intrinsically bad war, because there is no intrinsic morality to existence - it is, irrelevant. we are mere granules of sand, lining the floor of the coliseum that God has devised for amusement sake. strength, honor, dignity. a glorious death, worthy to be on the great theater of earth, such is the greatest accomplishment man can hope to achieve

Morituri Te Salutant
[account deactivated]
attempting to die a glorious death in struggle for a cause you believe in is really pathetic and very funny
Martyrs, my friend, have to choose between being forgotten, mocked or used.
As for being understood -- never.

littlegreenpills posted:
attempting to die a glorious death in struggle for a cause you believe in is really pathetic and very funny

to have contributed to humour in the world: this is the best kind.

hey everyone that precious life you hold so dear is really all just

*vomits everywhere and passes out*

discipline posted:

someone please post that "come and see" youtube with babby hitler

I like my life and don't want to die for anything and that's why Islam is going to win the Clash.
my sister's husband is navy and he fucking hates basically everyone else in the navy because they're all bloodthirsty sociopaths. that one unraised hand in the sea of heils
[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

If you had to pick one for your revolutionary army - the US military or these rioters, which would you pick?

tpaine posted:

mudcrabs posted:
my sister's husband is navy and he fucking hates basically everyone else in the navy because they're all bloodthirsty sociopaths. that one unraised hand in the sea of heils

he hasn't deserted so he's heiling man

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
the shocking thing about these kinds of massacres is how they are digested by society. it used to be no big deal if you walked around killing people, it's war, they're hired killers dummy, break a few eggs whatever. but now since war from the US is supposed to be benevolent and in the interest of peace, love, rainbows and democracy it's suddenly horrible to kill anyone, and we all just act totally shocked when a soldier does exactly as he's been trained and conditioned to do, which is rape and kill.

Yea, it's all so precarious. If we couldn't pretend that our wars were waged for the good of everyone, and fought humanely, people would stop giving the executive carte blanche to start a war whenever, wherever, we're meant to be together. And the whole imperial project would break down.

American troops aren't even allowed to drink alcohol or have sex with locals. They just play xbox and chew tobacco mixed with energy drink powder. Can you imagine a more frustrating and unbearable existence. It's surprisng that this kind of rampage isn't more common.

Also if you want to apply some class privilege stuff to trooper massacres, think about how jet pilots can slaughter whole herds of innocent children, and they're consoled about the bad intel they were a victim of. A helicopter pilot (who's a warrant officer, which is below even the lowliest lieutenant) can slaughter people and they get in trouble, but not big bada bad trouble. A regular WarFighter SpearTip infantryman wanders into town with his rifle and kills a few people? The president is on tv telling everyone how much this guy sucks and how we're not like him, we're gonna put him in jail forever! Americans are not like that! Hmmmm

discipline posted:
almost every soldier I've ever known is like that, "oh all these OTHER guys are psycho" and it makes me wonder if that's just how they all feel, if it's common, or if I just attract those types

You're just talking to the one introspective guy who's telling you what he's been informed people want to hear.

We, as in the western world have a pretty good system for getting troops to kill people and not break down about it. In bootcamp your sense of individuality is broken down, and you're punished as a group. All your actions become about protecting your buddies. So when you're on a battlefield with a gun, you're not attacking anyone to attack them, you're simply doing what needs to be done to save your friends, comrades, and the various innocents who are being victimized by the big bada bad guys

Myfanwy posted:
Also if you want to apply some class privilege stuff to trooper massacres, think about how jet pilots can slaughter whole herds of innocent children, and they're consoled about the bad intel they were a victim of.

Anecdote, but in junior high there was some video of Vietnam veterans I saw in school or on the History channel anyway, this 105 Thundercheif pilot was sitting on his back yard stoop describing dropping bombs on villages in Vietnam and suddenly he broke down and started sobbing and couldn't finish. It made such an impression on me that it was the primary reason that I did not accept an appointment to the Air Force Academy

Anyway, even the most anonymous of violent destruction has the ability to touch the humanity of horrible monsters, inshallah