Saying people are stupid isn't particularly funny. You can make it work, sure, but it's like making a set about the fact that there sure are a lot of buildings! I know that. I see it every day. Have You Ever Noticed that the earth has a day-night cycle
What's the deal with the moon? Some nights it's full, some nights it's just a sliver. Make up your mind, you big hunk of cheese!
[account deactivated]

ilmdge posted:

What's the deal with the moon? Some nights it's full, some nights it's just a sliver. Make up your mind, you big hunk of cheese!

this

I was driving home from work today, caught in traffic and listening to NPR because I'm a masochist and Sam Kriss was the fucking media figured they interviewed today for "On the Media."

He was talking about Burke's conception of the Mob or something. It was hard to listen to because I had a rush of irony induced deafness
http://www.npr.org/podcasts/452538775/on-the-media

Its the Spetember 9th one, second segment
[account deactivated]
Holy shit I need to start listening to NPR so i can call in and be like "yes, thank you terry gross, i have a question for sam kriss. why do you deny the holocaust. lol. rhizzone dot net biiiiiiiiiiiiitch"
"Do you think your cocaine use and holocaust denial are connected? If not, why not?"

-me looking for an open gas pump, after I had left my dead end job and actually began visualizing what FAILAIDS is.
i read ken's post-truth article somewhere and it was pretty decent
[account deactivated]
sam kriss wrote a thing about how crazy people think mountains are tree stumps and the crazy person said "tell me 10 ways tree stumps are different than mountains and mesas. you can't, there are only two: size and material" and to prove this secondhand crazypants wrong i brainstormed 8 other ways they are different irl.
sam kriss was like it's strange to encounter another system of comprehending the world today, which is weird thing to say for someone who self-identifies as a communist
I was in a hot car listening to Sam Kriss
The edited, purely audial medium of On The Media is far more forgiving to Sam Kriss The Satanic Papist than video or text.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

sam kriss was like it's strange to encounter another system of comprehending the world today, which is weird thing to say for someone who self-identifies as a communist

well to be fair jk rowling's behavior is pretty unexpected

who the fuck is sam kriss?

tears posted:

it me

tears posted:

The preeminent Marxist intellectual of our time.

ilmdge posted:

tears posted:

The preeminent Marxist intellectual of our time.

you laugh but

he is sort of a tweeting man's zizek, though with a more respectable internet forum pedigree
[account deactivated]
i worked really hard on that post, hours in fact, could you be more specific
comrade kriss has been published on the jacobean and vice, it doesn't get any more legit than tha t
[account deactivated]
and fucks
[account deactivated]
I WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO A MANNEQUIN

I WANT TO FUCK IT> I WANT TO SUCK IT

good morning friends, should i be posting in this sam kriss thread or the other sam kriss thread that you've also made
post in our official vice megathread. im going to use my mod powers to merge them asap
greetings, jabhat al-krissna
it's jabhat fateh al-sam now
write a thinkpiece about the rhizzone
whats up ken, you gonna write that story abou the travel writer only remembering airports

deadken posted:

good morning friends, should i be posting in this sam kriss thread or the other sam kriss thread that you've also made

We've reached peak Sam Kriss

Edited by swampman ()

i didnt read sams thing about jk rowling but im going to imagine that it was something about zombie authors and how exerting that kind of "control" over ones work retroactively basically puts the author on the same footing as any member of the fandom, which should be obvious to anyone who's read lacan
at least rowling is just going back and saying "angus frizzlebumpf was actually a pre-op transcentaur" on twitter and not re-releasing the books with these changes like another billionaire hack

gyrofry posted:

write a thinkpiece about the rhizzone

no but i will include one (1) hilarious rhizzone meme of your choosing in one of my viral thinkpieces