middle bit is pre trump victory but its worth watching to the end

Pence will wear the pents
jive ass turkey
Here's a refreshing case for trump for you goat: that cool, crisp pragmatism
https://www.statnews.com/2016/12/21/harold-bornstein-trump-doctor/

“If something happens to him, then it happens to him,” Bornstein said. “It’s like all the rest of us, no? That’s why we have a vice president and a speaker of the House and a whole line of people. They can just keep dying.”

US succession is a little weird. By the currently used interpretation of the succession act, an acting officer approved by the Senate can be included in the succession. So if the President, Vice President, Speaker of the House, and President pro tempore of the Senate all die for some reason, and the Secretary of State becomes President, their second in command in the department becomes acting Secretary of State and a valid successor. Acting secretaries in the past have confirmed that they were placed in the line of succession.

The problem is that the line of succession is supposed to proceed through departments in chronological order of their creation (because why not,) so after the Secretary of State dies for some reason, next in line is theoretically the Secretary of the Treasury... Or is it the current acting Secretary of State? On this matter, the act is ambiguous. Clearly, a succession war is inevitable. Should have gone with gavelkind!
a juvenile Secretary of Housing and Urban Development bursts from my chest in a shower of gore

ilmdge posted:

trump: assad is a bad guy, but he's fighting isis, and we don't know who these rebels are
pence: If Russia continues bombing Al Qaeda in Aleppo we need to be prepared to use military force to stop them.
media (unprompted): Here we see Pence's superior fluency on foreign affairs
me: I'm not even phrasing this in a funny way, this is literally all just a restatement of things they actually said!!!

good post rescue from nuked debate thread

[account deactivated]
tpaine tweeting
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

a juvenile Secretary of Housing and Urban Development bursts from my chest in a shower of gore

thats the actual plot of the new keifer sutherland show on fox lmao

what is even real anymore
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
My Father's Retirement Gift (VOmit AleRt)

tpaine posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

what is even real anymore

I can't believe wasabi candy canes exist. The ones where he shoves hot dogs down his throat and when he consumes a cake of the chemicals in coca cola are great works of art.

Edited by babyhueypnewton ()

babyhueypnewton posted:

The ones where he shoves hot dogs down his throat and when he consumes a cake of the chemicals in coca cola are great works of art.

the one where he puts like 1000 warheads in his mouth and all of a sudden starts pouring blood out his mouth is divine

[account deactivated]
Those videos are sick(the good kind) and his friends and family should help him (make more videos) imo.
[account deactivated]

gay_swimmer posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

The ones where he shoves hot dogs down his throat and when he consumes a cake of the chemicals in coca cola are great works of art.

the one where he puts like 1000 warheads in his mouth and all of a sudden starts pouring blood out his mouth is divine

this one is amazing too

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i like the one where he chugs honey covered in bees, and then covers the bees with honey vomit. bees basically do the same thing with each other to make our honey! an artful symmetry.
[account deactivated]
You know it's getting serious for him when he starts doing the robot.
a true artist
[account deactivated]
collective effort by the intelligence agencies to grudge psyop trump using buzzfeed allegations about anime parties has me like, my stars
the intelligence agencies of the united states may manage to achieve in 2017 what no one has ever achieved since the founding of the intelligence agencies of the united states: convincing a majority of U.S. citizens that they should never trust the intelligence agencies of the united states
the contrivance behind this is insanely lmao, almost no one would be paying any serious attention to any of this outside the d.c. party circuit, except that the CIA set up a "secret" date to concern troll trump and "warn" him about impending reporting on the bullshit document, then leaked their concern troll to the people they wanted to report on the bullshit document, so it would appear valid to other idiots in the press.

i seriously don't think that any other mainstream political press in any other existing country would be this eager to get played by domestic spies, even in the united kingdom
HK has argued on twitter that this is about sabotaging any rapprochement with Russia, and that's probably so because there is a direct material benefit to these agencies' secret budget lines if a tense situation can be maintained, but IMO there is also a substantial material benefit to simply fighting a bratty turf war against a guy who isn't what they wanted and recently told them to go fuck themselves. they are warning off future challenges preemptively, which is always a partial cause behind any dirty trick like this one, even though they know few will believe them on the actual details here.

like, 99% of washington reporters who are reporting on this are doing it extremely nervous bad faith, and if any of them had ever built up any deluded assurance during the obama years that the alphabet boys would draw the line and stay behind it anywhere on U.S. soil, that has all been shattered to pieces. any bigshot journalist who had forgotten who runs that town will now fall in line, not just because it's the way to win the popularity contest but because they are scared out of their minds, just like the old days.
(5/5) in conclusion, any take on the CIA, FBI, NSA, etc. must proceed from the axiom that they are a violent street gang.
this is all extremely good shit and i can't believe this is reality.

also,

shriekingviolet posted:

US succession is a little weird. By the currently used interpretation of the succession act, an acting officer approved by the Senate can be included in the succession. So if the President, Vice President, Speaker of the House, and President pro tempore of the Senate all die for some reason, and the Secretary of State becomes President, their second in command in the department becomes acting Secretary of State and a valid successor. Acting secretaries in the past have confirmed that they were placed in the line of succession.

The problem is that the line of succession is supposed to proceed through departments in chronological order of their creation (because why not,) so after the Secretary of State dies for some reason, next in line is theoretically the Secretary of the Treasury... Or is it the current acting Secretary of State? On this matter, the act is ambiguous. Clearly, a succession war is inevitable. Should have gone with gavelkind!

even "who is after the VP" is open to so much argument that it could lead to a catastrophic, immediate problem

I voted for Clinton because she had the courage to tear down racial barriers by allowing Arab's to influence presidential politics. Salman over Putin any day

hey posted:

I voted for Clinton

mods????

Please refer to my unjustly censored thread, The Left Case For Hillary, for more reasons to have retroactively voted for meme queen 2016.