Thats a blue collar steak, the kind of steak a working boy from the tough side of Queens would have. Kind of funny how ppl still don't get it. ..

camera_obscura posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/opinion/sunday/whats-left-of-communism.html?_r=0

whats left of communism? uhhh anarcho communism i guess

im just glad to see that the democrats are now making the Bronner's soap label a National Platform

to the uninitiated: http://all-one-typography.com/Dr_Bronners-label-Peppermint-32oz.jpg

Themselves posted:

im just glad to see that the democrats are now making the Bronner's soap label a National Platform

to the uninitiated: http://all-one-typography.com/Dr_Bronners-label-Peppermint-32oz.jpg

i got a new bottle in the mail and it had a big ol fight for $15 label about how a living wage is good for the bosses too. i have a lot to think about in the shower now.

have you guys seen this thing where now liberals are saying don't say trump's name? like he's bloody mary and going to grab you through the bathroom mirror if you say the magic words
there's no reason that couldn't actually happen

tears posted:

there are several reasons, OP.

postposting posted:

have you guys seen this thing where now liberals are saying don't say trump's name? like he's bloody mary and going to grab you through the bathroom mirror if you say the magic words

also it's because he's le Voldemort. update your shit grandpa

Oh I'll happily say his name... it's Drumpf lol
Tunak Tunak Tun
[account deactivated]

camera_obscura posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/opinion/sunday/whats-left-of-communism.html?_r=0

"There will be no return to the Communism of five-year plans and gulags"
might deserve more but this chucklefuck is absolutely getting exactly five years in the gulag

great looks liuek there's gonna be a whole bunch of that shit https://www.nytimes.com/column/red-century

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

tears posted:

there are several reasons, OP.

*ghost of bane voice* to you

https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/trumps-100-days/

Rep. Mike Bost (R-IL) said late last week that holding town halls is not "productive" and compared it to "the cleansing that the Orientals used to do where you’d put one person out in front and 900 people yell at them."

"You know the cleansing that the Orientals used to do where you’d put one person out in front and 900 people yell at them? That’s not what we need," Bost said Friday in a meeting with the editorial board of The Southern. "The amount of time that I have at home is minimal, I need to make sure that it’s productive."

Bost said that in-person town halls "are out of control" and that instead of holding public events he is "busy trying to work on the issue."

"If all you want to do is stand and yell at me," he said, "we're not going back and forth."

Bost's office did not immediately respond to TPM's requests for comment.

It's called a struggle session, dumbass

groundservices posted:

I got the parts to make a sous vide machine but the micro controller i got is only rated for 10A so idk what to do, probably have to get another one.

I dont get how it can be rated for 120V but 10A? Is it a Chinese standard? Its a Chinese controller.

This is both about making perfect steaks and decarbolizing weed

don't draw more than 10A then. jesussssssss

10A is a lot already
[account deactivated]
*team of polo shirted store employees groans under my bulk as they lift me onto the seat of a motorized cart* So much for the tolerant heft
power loom explodes due to Luddite sabotage. so much for the tolerant weft

President Trump has appointed fewer than three dozen of the top 1,000 officials he needs to run the federal government. Worse, he doesn’t think that’s a problem.

The president seems to have lost interest in the nomination process after making his cabinet and Supreme Court picks, people involved in the transition say. Now, he’s trying to pass off his inattention as some kind of plan. “In many cases, we don’t want to fill those jobs,” he said on Fox News this week. “What do all these people do? You don’t need all those jobs.”

Most incoming administrations move slowly during their first month. Mr. Trump has named only slightly fewer top officials at this point than Bill Clinton, George W. Bush or Barack Obama. But those administrations had scores of candidates in the pipeline by this time. Mr. Trump does not.

The Partnership for Public Service, a nonpartisan organization that assists transitions, recommends administrations should fill the top 400 Senate-confirmed agency slots before the August congressional recess. This means the White House has to get cracking, especially to fill roles vital to national security and the economy. It also means that aides like Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway and Reince Priebus might consider expending more effort finding good candidates than competing for Mr. Trump’s attention.

he National Security Council reflects the chaos: Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, the national security adviser hired after Michael Flynn’s firing, inherited a council of career staff members and nervous, often unqualified Flynn loyalists. The federal agencies are effectively run by Trump “beachhead” teams, some 600 people who mostly are campaign donors, Trump employees, pals or allied politicos. Many know little about the agencies they inhabit, and they are understandably resented by career staff members.

None of this is surprising to people familiar with Mr. Trump’s managerial style, a kind of mom-and-pop approach involving a tiny knot of family members and loyalists that is poorly suited to a federal government with three million employees around the world.

A story about Mr. Trump’s management style in Politico Magazine this week makes for nerve-racking reading: As his business was going bust in the 1990s, it emerged that Mr. Trump didn’t even have a chief financial officer — his lenders forced him to appoint one. The empty desks at the Treasury Department, which is led by Steve Mnuchin, who currently has nobody on his senior leadership team, aren’t exactly an example of lessons learned. Mr. Mnuchin has had his nominees nixed because their views haven’t jibed with those of someone in the White House, or because they have criticized Mr. Trump in the past.

Other cabinet officials, including Rex Tillerson at the State Department, have encountered hurdles at the White House. Shermichael Singleton, a senior adviser to Ben Carson, the secretary of Housing and Urban Development, may have set a record by getting fired before his boss’s first day on the job. He was booted for writing critically about Mr. Trump during the campaign. He was replaced by a Trump Organization employee Mr. Carson doesn’t know.

Mr. Trump promised a management mind-set “to make this country great again.” First he needs managers.

Sounds like some liberal petty-bourgeois managerialists' kids are gonna miss out on those nice internships and career ops this administration.

[account deactivated]

SparksBandung posted:

President Trump has appointed fewer than three dozen of the top 1,000 officials he needs to run the federal government. Worse, he doesn’t think that’s a problem.

The president seems to have lost interest in the nomination process after making his cabinet and Supreme Court picks, people involved in the transition say. Now, he’s trying to pass off his inattention as some kind of plan. “In many cases, we don’t want to fill those jobs,” he said on Fox News this week. “What do all these people do? You don’t need all those jobs.”

Most incoming administrations move slowly during their first month. Mr. Trump has named only slightly fewer top officials at this point than Bill Clinton, George W. Bush or Barack Obama. But those administrations had scores of candidates in the pipeline by this time. Mr. Trump does not.

The Partnership for Public Service, a nonpartisan organization that assists transitions, recommends administrations should fill the top 400 Senate-confirmed agency slots before the August congressional recess. This means the White House has to get cracking, especially to fill roles vital to national security and the economy. It also means that aides like Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway and Reince Priebus might consider expending more effort finding good candidates than competing for Mr. Trump’s attention.

he National Security Council reflects the chaos: Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, the national security adviser hired after Michael Flynn’s firing, inherited a council of career staff members and nervous, often unqualified Flynn loyalists. The federal agencies are effectively run by Trump “beachhead” teams, some 600 people who mostly are campaign donors, Trump employees, pals or allied politicos. Many know little about the agencies they inhabit, and they are understandably resented by career staff members.

None of this is surprising to people familiar with Mr. Trump’s managerial style, a kind of mom-and-pop approach involving a tiny knot of family members and loyalists that is poorly suited to a federal government with three million employees around the world.

A story about Mr. Trump’s management style in Politico Magazine this week makes for nerve-racking reading: As his business was going bust in the 1990s, it emerged that Mr. Trump didn’t even have a chief financial officer — his lenders forced him to appoint one. The empty desks at the Treasury Department, which is led by Steve Mnuchin, who currently has nobody on his senior leadership team, aren’t exactly an example of lessons learned. Mr. Mnuchin has had his nominees nixed because their views haven’t jibed with those of someone in the White House, or because they have criticized Mr. Trump in the past.

Other cabinet officials, including Rex Tillerson at the State Department, have encountered hurdles at the White House. Shermichael Singleton, a senior adviser to Ben Carson, the secretary of Housing and Urban Development, may have set a record by getting fired before his boss’s first day on the job. He was booted for writing critically about Mr. Trump during the campaign. He was replaced by a Trump Organization employee Mr. Carson doesn’t know.

Mr. Trump promised a management mind-set “to make this country great again.” First he needs managers.

Sounds like some liberal petty-bourgeois managerialists' kids are gonna miss out on those nice internships and career ops this administration.

Buzzfeed: There's No Such Thing As The Deep State

groundservices posted:

I wonder if this is truly unprecedented or if they are singling out trump for something theyve wanted to complain about for forever but decorum didnt allow for it

eh http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/03/AR2009030303323.html

[account deactivated]
is be surprised if the concern there wasnt at least in large part technocratic in nature, eg the RC concerned that its affairs arent being managed effectively or carefully

worth a watch
from WaPo:

Stephen K. Bannon, the White House chief strategist who once ran Breitbart, has spoken with Trump at length about his view that the “deep state” is a direct threat to his presidency.

get this man an account!

the big thing this morning in response to the trumpcare atrocity is that poor people optimize their spending because they are poor. i suspect none of these people have ever met a poor person
dennis kucinich had an op-ed in the nation the other day along these same lines about how he was from an inner city family that scrimped and saved and were occasionally homeless and i pushed through the revelation that they had five kids but i had to punch out at the eventual seven kids. stop rutting for god's sakes
i, a barely employed truck driver, am just gonna keep blasting loads into you while our five children sleep in the backseat of a van. this is a story not just of rational economic action but also a romance tale so stirring it's been optioned by nicholas sparks
I feel like crap and I instantly stopped going to the gym, ate Taco Bell for the first time in months, and generally have been acting like a sack of shit because the idea of will power is a lie and when you feel bad you flail for any stupid thing to make yourself feel better for 2 seconds which I feel could be applied systemically to poor ppl somehow.........
well yes, as i have consistently said, poverty leads to depression, substance abuse, fatalism and generally not giving a shit. framing these walking clouds of tobacco stink as rational actors optimizing their funds is laughable
Yea.
[account deactivated]
urban petit-bourgeois: i'm gonna install an internet-connected microphone in my house!
cia: heh
a scary thing about this is how shitty these microphones are at comprehending speech when you're not slowly yelling directly at it like a drunken freshman in mexico for the weekend. can't wait to get an fbi visit because alex thought "when are the patriots playing" was "bombs on the patriot's day end"

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

urban petit-bourgeois: i'm gonna install an internet-connected microphone in my house!

otherwise known as a mobile phone