Ironicwarcriminal posted:

I know the government here is trying to make it easier for skilled american workers to come, so if they've got the goods this is uh, pretty good money?

http://www.news.com.au/business/tradies-do-it-tough-to-earn-260000/story-e6frfm1i-1225852543333

Although West Australian resource sector workers are perceived as the best remunerated tradesmen, they are well behind the elite class of offshore sparkies, The Australian reports.

Employed on fly-in-fly-out rosters, they work seven consecutive 12-hour shifts, living on the platforms before they return to the mainland for a week off.

As well as an attractive hourly rate, they employees receive a raft of allowances for shift work, rotating between day and night rosters, and weekend penalties.

And with overtime, their total annual remuneration package can range between $250,000 and $260,000.

you can make six figures working in the oil sands in canada, too. this gives me the same feeling as when people get excited about giveaways or steep discounts on expensive and/or high-volume products. it's great and all but hoo boy if that's financially feasible it makes my head swim thinking of the amount of money that is actually made from what they're building

"Speak your mind, even if your sparknotes shake"